Make Shadows in CoD 1

Have questions about CoD/UO mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

redeye2
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Make Shadows in CoD 1

Post by redeye2 » March 14th, 2012, 1:13 pm

Hello

I'm trying to make my own Call of Duty 1 map for a LAN-Party with my friends. Now my map is finished and i tried it a lot of times. Everything works fine, but i found out, that there are no shadows on the textures and i never placed som "light" or "sunlight". I don't have to define anything, by default every texture is full lighted. This doesen't look realistic.

So I'm asking you, could you help me to make shadows or some kind of sunlight for my map? Do you know a Tutorial which helps me?

Thank you for help!

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Make Shadows in CoD 1

Post by Rezil » March 14th, 2012, 2:32 pm

Google 'Call of Duty worldspawn settings', pick one set that fits your map and recompile. When compiling, make sure you compile lighting as well as .bsp.
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

redeye2
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by redeye2 » March 14th, 2012, 3:18 pm

Hey, thanks for this quick awnser! I have found the folowing tutorial, how to set the Worldspawn Settings: http://modsonline.com/Tutorials-read-153.html

But I don't know how to compile my map with shadows. I always use "CoDUOMaker" to compile my map. How do you compile your maps? Thanks for awnser!

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » March 14th, 2012, 3:26 pm

I haven't really used the mod tools for CoD1, but according to this screenshot:

you can just check everything and recompile. Another thing that might be a problem is the lack of light entities in your map. Try placing a light and recompiling with all of the options ticked, then report back if it helped.
[...]
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

redeye2
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by redeye2 » March 14th, 2012, 3:50 pm

Okay, it's not so easy to compile it with your options. Because I think something is missing. I think i have to put some files of the CoDUOMaker into my C:\Program Files\Call of Duty\ folder? or maybe you could send me your "CoDUOMaker.ini" file.

I have also put some light in my map, but I don't understand what I have to do with UO, what is UO, or CoDUO?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

redeye2
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by redeye2 » March 14th, 2012, 4:01 pm

Oh I found out, it's a expansion pack for call of duty 1. But i don't have this expansion pack, so I would like to know how to compile my map with shadows.. Maybe you could help me with this. Thank you a lot!

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » March 14th, 2012, 4:05 pm

You don't understand me, I have no experience with compiling for CoD1, I was just suggesting you tick everything that applies to you(so, CoD1, MP and everything in the 'Build' window). Is there no 'Docs' folder in your CoD directory that came with the tools?
[...]
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » March 14th, 2012, 4:48 pm

It's a compiler for both CoD1 and CoDUO. In your case just check the button 'CoD'.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

redeye2
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by redeye2 » March 15th, 2012, 6:53 pm

Hey, I found out how it works. I always selected the area with the sky and then I set the Worldspawn Settings for only this area. Later I found out that I have to select nothing to set the Worldspawn Settings. So I have to set the settings for the whole level. Now it works fine. Thanks for your help. I will enjoy my LAN-Party now!

Maybe I have later some other questions, when my maps get more complex ;-)

But I thank you all for the quick a really good awnsers! bye