Discussion for other PC and console games

Moderator: Core Staff

cianw1
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper
Gamertag: cianw1

skyrim profile manager mod messed up saves

Post by cianw1 » March 6th, 2012, 6:37 pm

Wasnt sure to put this in support or here...

I downloaded the skyrim profile manager today and ran it. I then decided i wanted to get rid of it but when i open skyrim not using the profile manager it just says 'new game' not 'continue' or 'load'. My saved games where still in mygames/skyrim/saves but for some reason when i open skyrim it doesnt seem to find them?? I can still use the profile manager to play the game by opening it and then selecting my character and loading game but i want to get rid of it. It didnt install so i cant uninstall it, it was just an .exe file.

Ive asked on Yahoo answers too but no reply yet, im asking everywhere because its getting annoying now :@

Ive tried deleting everything in saves folder that wasnt supposed to be there, tried deleting everything in my skyrim folder taht i have recently changed etc and triedrestarting computer but none have worked.

EDIT: I got a private message asking how i managed to fix this, so this is how you can fix it for yourself hopefully:

Well the way i fixed it was i loaded a backup. Open start menu and in the search type 'rollback', then click open system restore and keep going through that. You need to choose a restore point from before you used the profile manager. Failing this, i guess the only way to play with your saves is to keep using the profile manager; its not the best way and is quite annoying but atleast its better than losing all of your saves completely.

Me: Well, i think the ONLY way to resolve this problem is...KS reseign from site admin and me to take his place, and then commence my plan for world domination...
KS : Done.