help with door script :(

Have questions about CoD4 mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Xenon
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie
Gamertag: Xenon iz Dubby

help with door script :(

Post by Xenon » February 11th, 2012, 11:22 pm

ive seen alot of stuff on the forums about door scripts ... basically a trigger which makes the door open ... but i still dont get how it works and what too do in radient !!! please can someone tell me everyhting i need too do ... i have the script for the door just dont know what to do in radient :D

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: help with door script :(

Post by Pedsdude » February 12th, 2012, 1:08 am

'Door' is pretty vague. Rotating? Sliding(up/down? left/right?)?

Also, post the script you've got (or even better, the link to the tutorial you presumably used).

Xenon
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Xenon » February 12th, 2012, 11:29 am

i have a door way which ive filled with a orange texture ...... i basiclly want the door t open(slide up or to the side for about 5 seconds then it shuts again .... then too get out you can just do the same as on the front of the door ...... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Xenon
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Xenon » February 12th, 2012, 11:31 am

and i got this script and all i know is that its for a sliding dooor :/ i dont know what to do in radient :L:L:L

main()
{
thread slidedoor_slider ();
}

slidedoor_slider()
{
slidedoor = getent( "slidedoor", "targetname" );
trig = getent( "slidetrig", "targetname" );

while(true)
{
trig waittill ("trigger");
//wait 4;
slidedoor movey ( -64, 2, 0.5, 0.5);
slidedoor waittill ("movedone");
wait 4;
//trig waittill ("trigger");
slidedoor movey( 64, 2, 0.5, 0.5);
slidedoor waittill ("movedone");
}
}

Xenon
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Xenon » February 12th, 2012, 12:07 pm

ohh yer and i want the door soo that only i can use it via my guid :D <3

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » February 12th, 2012, 1:41 pm

OK, a few things to confirm...

1. A door isn't necessarily the most secure way of allowing access to a secret area. I would be more inclined to use a teleport, but if you do still want to use a door, then you will probably want to make sure the door is the size of a character (if it's any larger you risk someone else sneaking in immediately after you.

2. Make sure the door depth isn't exactly the same as the wall it's in, otherwise you'll see it kinda of flicker as it moves through the wall (if you follow what I mean).

3. Do you want it so that the door opens automatically when you get to it (if so, how close? when you're right nex to it or slightly further away?), or when you press use while standing next to it?

4. Go on a public server (not just your own PC) and type /pb_myguid, then write down your entire GUID and post it here.

IzNoGoD
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by IzNoGoD » February 12th, 2012, 7:40 pm

Pedsdude wrote:OK, a few things to confirm...

1. A door isn't necessarily the most secure way of allowing access to a secret area. I would be more inclined to use a teleport, but if you do still want to use a door, then you will probably want to make sure the door is the size of a character (if it's any larger you risk someone else sneaking in immediately after you.

2. Make sure the door depth isn't exactly the same as the wall it's in, otherwise you'll see it kinda of flicker as it moves through the wall (if you follow what I mean).

3. Do you want it so that the door opens automatically when you get to it (if so, how close? when you're right nex to it or slightly further away?), or when you press use while standing next to it?

4. Go on a public server (not just your own PC) and type /pb_myguid, then write down your entire GUID and post it here.
you cannot use the pb guid as it is not accesible by script. use your normal guid instead: go to an internetserver and ask an admin to check your guid using rcon status, or make your script print your getguid on the screen.
LMGTFY!

Its not a glitch... Its the future!

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » February 12th, 2012, 9:14 pm

IzNoGoD wrote:you cannot use the pb guid as it is not accesible by script. use your normal guid instead: go to an internetserver and ask an admin to check your guid using rcon status, or make your script print your getguid on the screen.
/pb_myguid gives you the full Guid not the PB Guid.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Xenon
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Xenon » February 12th, 2012, 10:19 pm

okay basically i want a door with a button to the side that only when i press f it opens .... not for anyone else ...... but i have no clue how to do any off these thigns peds add me on xfire soo its easier .... xfire - abstrafer