mp3 for wav

Have questions about CoD4 mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Wingzor
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

mp3 for wav

Post by Wingzor » January 25th, 2012, 12:28 pm

any easy way i can switch my wav ambient sound for a mp3 since they are so much smaller XD ?

i thought : replace .wav with .mp3 in the soundalias and change the file in the iwd ?

Turbo2233
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Re: mp3 for wav

Post by Turbo2233 » January 26th, 2012, 11:12 pm

Wingzor wrote:any easy way i can switch my wav ambient sound for a mp3 since they are so much smaller XD ?

i thought : replace .wav with .mp3 in the soundalias and change the file in the iwd ?
Just convert it or download as a .wav be easier

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » January 27th, 2012, 12:24 am

Turbo2233 wrote:
Wingzor wrote:any easy way i can switch my wav ambient sound for a mp3 since they are so much smaller XD ?

Just convert it or download as a .wav be easier
Read what is said twice...

He clearly wishes to CHANGE his 'wav' file to an 'mp3' for use INGAME and wishes to know if the simply changing the soundalias and files will be all that is needed. He hasn't asked for advice on conversion or how to change the actual file itself.

Sadly, I do not have the answer to the original question, I am sure I have seen MP3s used however (CoD2?) but unsure on the method.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » January 27th, 2012, 8:29 am

You have to convert from .wav to .mp3 if you want it to play and even then .mp3s don't work in some cases. I faintly recall something to do with kbps and certain ingame audio channels supporting only .wav files.
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

Wingzor
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Wingzor » January 31st, 2012, 7:30 am

ok i tried changing my soundalias file and it worked ,but only with the mp3 files i converted with audacity :lame mp3 encoder

tnx for support anyways,
hope the encoder does work for more people so a problem is solved XD

greeetz , wingzor

/close request