PO997S
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe
PSN ID: PO997S

Admins wake up!!!

Post by PO997S » November 14th, 2011, 9:13 pm

these are some things i have to point out,
-server 1 has been on mp_to_the_moon for like 2 and a half days
-Weve been asking peds and KillerSam to change it since then cause the map is stuck
-this is pissing everyone off and it takes 1 minute of your day to fix a SIMPLE problem
-Honestly you guys should promote some other people to be admins (ACTIVE??)

We just want you guys to elect more people or at least 1 person as another admin so things run more smoothly on here.
This thread is supported by a couple of codjumpers like (weve discussed on the server together)
-Sonic@CJ
-Stev00
-Bulldozer
-Po
-CoRe
-Joeyoh9292
-bryN
-AniMuZ
-neroBONKERS
-Whisperz
-Buutlevees@CJ
-[DD] !Black
-ZiP
-Maaz
-G!zmo
-Vartazian
Last edited by PO997S on November 14th, 2011, 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Re: Admins wake up!!!

Post by Vartazian » November 14th, 2011, 9:16 pm

can add my name to the list. i support this proposition

bryN
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by bryN » November 14th, 2011, 9:24 pm

I support this.

If I could, I would like to point out that Sonic would be a very good admin. He's very active and helpful on the server, and is also active in the forums.

Sonic
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Sonic » November 14th, 2011, 9:35 pm

Could this thread be moved to General Section? :)

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » November 14th, 2011, 9:46 pm

You're the idiot I kicked from #1 only an hour or so ago for spamming like an immature child. You're getting RCON over my dead body.

PO997S
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe
PSN ID: PO997S

Post by PO997S » November 14th, 2011, 9:55 pm

Pedsdude wrote:You're the idiot I kicked from #1 only an hour or so ago for spamming like an immature child. You're getting RCON over my dead body.
madbro? gotta little sand in your vagina?

joeyoh9292
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe
Gamertag: CCCLX LeGEnD
PSN ID: Joe_2k8_FTW

Post by joeyoh9292 » November 14th, 2011, 10:03 pm

Firstly, in Po's defense, he was being an idiot because of me. We got a in a little argument and we both took it way overboard and his final choice seemed to be to spam me out. We're all childish or immature sometimes, so just let him off the hook.
Secondly, his "story" seems to check out o.k. albeit a stupid reason, however if it's true then Raiin is also being pretty immature by trying to sort it out like that.
Thirdly, i'm in 100% agreeance with the fact that the Admins are never active in the server personally and rarely do anything to sort anything out. I couldn't care less that the few admins don't come on the server or are active in it, but I would like either other Admins being selected (i.e. SonicCJ) or making some moderator positions available within the server with higher priveleges to sort out certain situations. Of course they would have to meet certain requirements, but more is ALWAYS better in these situations. I've learnt this from previous experience.

Finally, I think that the Admins who do work for this are, to be quite honest, lazy. The mp_to_the_moon map has been in rotation for 2-3 days now and within the first few hours an aknowledgmenet of a severe glitch was sent to the Admins (apparantly), yet here we are this many days later with it still in rotation and still causing the same glitch. It's on other servers without any problems/issues, so why can't you just man up and either take it out or sort it out? We could do without it for a few days until you've sorted it, but it seems like no-one has put the effort in. I don't care if you don't take my personal arguments seriouslly due to the fact that i'm not active and am most likely not know, but we all need you to take the serious issues into aknowledgement. Just grow up and stop putting your personal opinions before that of the servers/communites.

Thanks.

P.s. I've read Sam's posts and I realise that it's propbably not him that i've been hearing about, although he should relaise that my suggestions would combat these issues much more efficiently.
Last edited by joeyoh9292 on November 14th, 2011, 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » November 14th, 2011, 10:30 pm

Good riddens.
-

iRaiinyy
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by iRaiinyy » November 14th, 2011, 10:31 pm

F |Madness| U wrote:Good riddens.
Amen to that brother.
AMD Gaming Custom Maps Only CoDJumper Server: 178.32.56.98:28960
Xfire: Wiickedneszzx

The Jumper <3: i know a girl she is 15
The Jumper <3: and have big titts
rB|iRaiinyy*@TuneChii: o.O BREAST IMPLANTS
The Jumper <3: with 15 ?
The Jumper <3: she just take the pills.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » November 14th, 2011, 10:48 pm

Right, time to pick apart your post piece-by-piece...
joeyoh9292 wrote:Firstly, in Po's defense, he was being an idiot because of me. We got a in a little argument and we both took it way overboard and his final choice seemed to be to spam me out. We're all childish or immature sometimes, so just let him off the hook.
Where to begin... in less than an hour of making his first post on these forums he's been racist and insulted an admin (sure, it didn't really offend me, but it's the principle).
- "madbro? gotta little sand in your vagina?"
- "why did the black guy cross the road? cause his welfare check blew away."
I have no intention of ever letting him rejoin our community. There's immature, and then outright stupid.
joeyoh9292 wrote:Secondly, his "story" seems to check out o.k. albeit a stupid reason, however if it's true then Raiin is also being pretty immature by trying to sort it out like that.
Now irrelevant, see above.
joeyoh9292 wrote:Thirdly, i'm in 100% agreeance with the fact that the Admins are never active in the server personally and rarely do anything to sort anything out.
There is almost always at least one admin online and available to help if assistance is required. That is what the Xfire clan is for (as well as it being quite easy to find the Xfire usernames of server admins on this website anyway). If people have issues in the server, they can contact us on Xfire and we can sort it out at the time - WE DON'T HAVE TO BE IN THE SERVER WHEN IT BEGINS TO HAPPEN.
joeyoh9292 wrote:Finally, I think that the Admins who do work for this are, to be quite honest, lazy.
I think you, to be quite honest, don't know what you're talking about. Personally, I have a full time job and like to enjoy the limited amount of free time that I do get in evenings. Despite this, I still find time to continue to help run this community, upload videos to the YouTube channel, upload new maps to the website and server, help to moderate the forums, organise donated servers, put up with the large number of people who message me on Xfire on a frequent basis. To call me lazy based on some poor assumption that because nothing has been done, I don't care, is clearly misguided and incorrect.
joeyoh9292 wrote:The mp_to_the_moon map has been in rotation for 2-3 days now and within the first few hours an aknowledgmenet of a severe glitch was sent to the Admins (apparantly), yet here we are this many days later with it still in rotation and still causing the same glitch. It's on other servers without any problems/issues, so why can't you just man up and either take it out or sort it out? We could do without it for a few days until you've sorted it, but it seems like no-one has put the effort in. ... Just grow up and stop putting your personal opinions before that of the servers/communites.
I added the map 1-2 days ago, not 2-3 days ago. The actual cause of the issue is still unknown at this moment in time, and I haven't had enough time to fully investigate and resolve it. "Many days later" is quite an exaggeration. Since I've added it, I've only had to restart the server a total of 3 or 4 times, so it's not as though the server has been offline and people have been unable to jump on it (and even so, we have FOURTEEN servers for people to jump - if they can't jump on #1 it's not the end of the world!). This has nothing to do with personal opinions.

I am not simply going to give RCON access to people I don't know just because they are active on the server. The current system we have in place is perfectly fine if people decide to use it. If they don't, and they complain/report incidents on the forums, then I simply refer them to this fact. The more people that have RCON access, the more RCON abuse that will occur.

/rant off.

joeyoh9292
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe
Gamertag: CCCLX LeGEnD
PSN ID: Joe_2k8_FTW

Post by joeyoh9292 » November 14th, 2011, 11:05 pm

Pedsdude wrote:Right, time to pick apart your post piece-by-piece...
Ignoring my now irrelevant opening points (he's a pathetic, ignorant racist and I apoligise for backing him up. I'm glad he's banned):
Pedsdude wrote:There is almost always at least one admin online and available to help if assistance is required. That is what the Xfire clan is for (as well as it being quite easy to find the Xfire usernames of server admins on this website anyway). If people have issues in the server, they can contact us on Xfire and we can sort it out at the time - WE DON'T HAVE TO BE IN THE SERVER WHEN IT BEGINS TO HAPPEN.
Well, this is giving me a response to an argument I didn't create, nor added to. I don't mind people being available, in fact, I think that it's brilliant that there is. However, I believe that it's necessary to have at least one impartial moderator/administrator in the server at most times (especially during periods with a rather large amount of people on the server). If this can't be achieved at the moment, how about consider holding tryouts/recruiting moderators/administrators?
joeyoh9292 wrote:Finally, I think that the Admins who do work for this are, to be quite honest, lazy.
Sorry, I didn't realise how much you worked. However, this again seriouslly backs up my above opinion and all-in-all emphasises my points. You need help with the server.
Pedsdude wrote:I added the map 1-2 days ago, not 2-3 days ago. The actual cause of the issue is still unknown at this moment in time, and I haven't had enough time to fully investigate and resolve it. "Many days later" is quite an exaggeration. Since I've added it, I've only had to restart the server a total of 3 or 4 times, so it's not as though the server has been offline and people have been unable to jump on it (and even so, we have FOURTEEN servers for people to jump - if they can't jump on #1 it's not the end of the world!). This has nothing to do with personal opinions.

Okay, that's a fair enough reason, but the issue should have been resolved within a matter of hours, not days. I did overexaggerate quite excessively here, but it's just to prove my point. I know you have other servers, but it's just not the same if you can't jump on the one you're used to. I just think that, especially on #1, it's easier to have at least 1 server moderator on at crucial hours.

Okay, to sum it all up, my single most important thing that I wish to get across is not to argue with you, but to try and find good candidates who could be impartial on the servers to settle any and all disputes or issues within it. If there is a bug in the server, the moderator should be able to contact an admin to sort it as quickly as possible. I'm sorry for any personal attacks I stated in my previous post, i'm just rather annoyed about this whole business.

Yours sincerely,
Joeyoh9292.

P.s. I still love you for keeping CoDJumper alive for all these years!
Last edited by joeyoh9292 on November 14th, 2011, 11:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BullDozer
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by BullDozer » November 14th, 2011, 11:07 pm

"There is almost always at least one admin online and available to help if assistance is required. That is what the Xfire clan is for (as well as it being quite easy to find the Xfire usernames of server admins on this website anyway). If people have issues in the server, they can contact us on Xfire and we can sort it out at the time - WE DON'T HAVE TO BE IN THE SERVER WHEN IT BEGINS TO HAPPEN."

Actually, that's wrong. There is not ALWAYS an admin online, and even if he is, he will not necessarily magically join the server straight away. In my opinion, a (active) server like server #1 should always have an active admin online at least for a couple of hours per day. This can be for several reasons, e.g., kick people who misbehave, cancel votes (prevents spam voting), and for smaller things, like teleporting somebody who accidentally save their position on the ground. Also, having active admins (NOTE, by ACTIVE we mean on server, nobody is interested if their on xfire), it will also encourage people to behave reasonably, as they might get kicked if they don't e.g., blocking.

For this reason, i think that CJ #1 isn't a decent server anymore (hence i go on styx server more now) , and I'm sure as you know a lot of other people are fed up. There is nothing wrong with having more active admins on the server, it will do no harm, and will make CJ #1 a significantly more stable server. You should also consider adding a permanent-VIP script, this will allow people to shoot, teleport, etc permanently without having admin powers like RCON. Styx server has done this and its been very successful, and makes their servers significantly more enjoyable (e.g., you have a 'reason' to jump, because if you're good enough you can do a VIP-test to become a VIP)

Also, if you consider making more people admin (or perm vip) i suggest making people who are ACTIVE on the servers admin, such as sonic@CJ, and other people who are very active and helpful on server #1.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » November 14th, 2011, 11:12 pm

joeyoh9292 wrote:I don't mind people being available, in fact, I think that it's brilliant that there is. However, I believe that it's necessary to have at least one impartial moderator/administrator in the server at most times (especially during periods with a rather large amount of people on the server).
I still don't get why someone is needed to be on the server with RCON at all times. I might consider allowing a very few select people to have RCON access, but this won't be in the immediate future.

Sonic
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Sonic » November 14th, 2011, 11:15 pm

joeyoh9292 wrote:I don't mind people being available, in fact, I think that it's brilliant that there is. However, I believe that it's necessary to have at least one impartial moderator/administrator in the server at most times (especially during periods with a rather large amount of people on the server).
I defenitly agree with this. I know there are admins available on the Xfire clan, but still if you're able to prevent issues on the servers such as people blocking/spamming ect. (by having active admins ON the server more often - which doesn't mean 24/7) it would always be better.
Last edited by Sonic on November 14th, 2011, 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » November 14th, 2011, 11:16 pm

BullDozer wrote:"There is almost always at least one admin online and available to help if assistance is required. That is what the Xfire clan is for (as well as it being quite easy to find the Xfire usernames of server admins on this website anyway). If people have issues in the server, they can contact us on Xfire and we can sort it out at the time - WE DON'T HAVE TO BE IN THE SERVER WHEN IT BEGINS TO HAPPEN."

Actually, that's wrong. There is not ALWAYS an admin online, and even if he is, he will not necessarily magically join the server straight away.