mp_remain

Have a jump map that we don't have on our site? Let us know!

Moderator: Core Staff

xfearz
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

mp_remain

Post by xfearz » October 2nd, 2011, 6:24 pm

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?qlz5jj6j22ha931
Screenshot:
Author: iNext.FearZ
Map made for normal mode
Description:
The map is a bounce based jump map, based on ascending bounces. Difficulty is hard. with some secrets. Time taken to do map around 10 minutes, also possible on old school

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: mp_remain

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » October 2nd, 2011, 6:54 pm

Is it completely finished? Have people tested it? It's best to get a few good jumpers to test it out, find bugs and big shortcuts before you fully upload it. Otherwise you may need to re-name it if we upload this.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4925
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

xfearz
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by xfearz » October 2nd, 2011, 6:57 pm

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:Is it completely finished? Have people tested it? It's best to get a few good jumpers to test it out, find bugs and big shortcuts before you fully upload it. Otherwise you may need to re-name it if we upload this.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4925
Yes it has been tested on normal mode and oldschool, and yes good jumpers have tested

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » October 2nd, 2011, 7:11 pm

xfearz wrote:Yes it has been tested on normal mode and oldschool, and yes good jumpers have tested
Have they given any feedback? Personally, it looks pretty poor from the small screenshot you provided. As with Sam, I haven't tested it yet, but any map with flying platforms instantly loses a lot of points in my head, particularly one consisting almost entirely of floating platforms.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » October 2nd, 2011, 8:41 pm

Is that "mp_test" down there in the middle?
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

akimbo
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by akimbo » October 3rd, 2011, 11:43 am

Downloaded and Finished the map, i would not say its "hard" , it has 1-2 " hard" bounce , but the map overall is Medium.

xfearz
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by xfearz » October 3rd, 2011, 4:07 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:Is that "mp_test" down there in the middle?
no its not, i must agree basic as it 1 day to map but maybe just download it and check it out ?

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » October 3rd, 2011, 7:12 pm

xfearz wrote:
Drofder2004 wrote:Is that "mp_test" down there in the middle?
no its not, i must agree basic as it 1 day to map but maybe just download it and check it out ?
Fine, did it.

1. Direction. Lost after first jump... I'm not a good jumper and was lost straight away. A map should flow, no arrows should be required, even maps with complicated designs you are able to see the next jump.

2. Floating. Everything is floating in the sky, it is boring and lazy mapping. People who release maps the same day they started aking it, are doing it wrong.

3. Design. Nobody wants to just jump for the sake of jumping. Same jumps, different map name. Make something unique, use a different texture... anything, but the same 'box' texture maps.

4. To RPG or not to RPG. Am I meant to use it, any sorta key to explain when it should be used, maybe a different texture, a mark...?

5. Invisibles. I noticed an invisible ladder and some non-solid sqaures. Why would anyone want to guess at which of the 4 next blocks is non-solid? And how am I meant to know when to climb?
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."

nikoshalk
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe
Gamertag: -
PSN ID: -

Post by nikoshalk » October 3rd, 2011, 10:16 pm

akimbo wrote:Downloaded and Finished the map, i would not say its "hard" , it has 1-2 " hard" bounce , but the map overall is Medium.
I also downloaded this map and managed to finish it too. I'll agree with akimbo that it is not a hard map, just a Medium but I also liked it

Jape
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe
Gamertag: xMorgaan

Post by Jape » October 3rd, 2011, 10:40 pm

Well I tested the map on my server and I personally liked it, not supporting him because i know him, but it is a challenging map and anyone with common sense or a bit of jump experience can see where to jump too next.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » October 4th, 2011, 5:35 am

KillerSam wrote:...
Pff, I got this.
Jape wrote:Well I tested the map on my server and I personally liked it, not supporting him because i know him, but it is a challenging map and anyone with common sense or a bit of jump experience can see where to jump too next.
I take it your are of the "of jumping experience" group then?
8)
nikoshalk wrote:I also downloaded this map and managed to finish it too. I'll agree with akimbo that it is not a hard map, just a Medium but I also liked it
nikoshalk aka iNext.Sacred. Registered 7 months ago, felt their first post had to be a post in their friends map topic...
:|

Using my special common sense, the secret room is under the "mp_test" area and the teleporter is directly behind the spawn in the opposite direction the arrow is pointing.

Is there anybody NOT on 'xfearz' xfire list that LIKES this map?

The map is awful, I gave good advice as to where your map is wrong... I get insulted, so this post became a necessity.

xfearz
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by xfearz » October 4th, 2011, 8:07 am

Drofder2004 wrote:
KillerSam wrote:...
Pff, I got this.
Jape wrote:Well I tested the map on my server and I personally liked it, not supporting him because i know him, but it is a challenging map and anyone with common sense or a bit of jump experience can see where to jump too next.
I take it your are of the "of jumping experience" group then?
8)
nikoshalk wrote:I also downloaded this map and managed to finish it too. I'll agree with akimbo that it is not a hard map, just a Medium but I also liked it
nikoshalk aka iNext.Sacred. Registered 7 months ago, felt their first post had to be a post in their friends map topic...

Using my special common sense, the secret room is under the "mp_test" area and the teleporter is directly behind the spawn in the opposite direction the arrow is pointing.

Is there anybody NOT on 'xfearz' xfire list that LIKES this map?

The map is awful, I gave good advice as to where your map is wrong... I get insulted, so this post became a necessity.
Rage more ?
If you do not like the map just say and the spawn room isnt "mp_test"
From everyones feedback i will make another map some when, that doesnt have floating platforms and i will take more time making the map when i next have time

Thanks

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » October 4th, 2011, 1:35 pm

Goro92
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Goro92 » October 4th, 2011, 5:20 pm

yeah this map is ugly

nikoshalk
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe
Gamertag: -
PSN ID: -

Post by nikoshalk » October 4th, 2011, 6:30 pm

So what does that mean? If I support a friend and a map I like is that wrong?I don't think so, even if it is my first post. That's my opinion.