Is there a map rotation limit???

Have a question you need to ask? Need help? Ask here!

Moderator: Core Staff

SmokingJoePot
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe
Gamertag: SmokinqJoePot
PSN ID: SmokingJoePot

Is there a map rotation limit???

Post by SmokingJoePot » June 17th, 2011, 1:41 am

I have a rented server hosting codjumper and I can only put so many maps. Its like if the string of maps goes too far to the right of the page that the server won't start and if I hit enter to fit more maps on the page, it won't show the remaining maps in the vote menu. How do I add more maps???

// MAPROTATION
set sv_mapRotation "gametype cj map mp_lawless_v2 gametype cj map mp_ko_jump gametype cj map mp_testart gametype cj map mp_strafe_jumps gametype cj map mp_rocket gametype cj map mp_cave gametype cj map mp_mountainbase gametype cj map mp_codjump gametype cj map mp_digital gametype cj map mp_dungeon_p gametype cj map mp_future gametype cj map mp_portal gametype cj map mp_spacestation gametype cj map mp_codjumper_training gametype cj map mp_bouncer_training gametype cj map mp_easy_jump gametype cj map mp_peds_propel gametype cj map mp_craft_v1 gametype cj map mp_cheops gametype cj map mp_sonic gametype cj map mp_mega gametype cj map mp_inferno_paradiso gametype cj map mp_jump_team_2 gametype cj map mp_forgotten gametype cj map mp_ib_glass_v3 gametype cj map mp_lighthouse gametype cj map mp_trial gametype cj map mp_needs_skills gametype cj map mp_jumpsensation gametype cj map mp_teliport_v3 gametype cj map mp_rpg_training_v1 gametype cj map mp_monkeys_home gametype cj map mp_all_in gametype cj map mp_cleopatra gametype cj map mp_daybreak gametype cj map mp_pipeline gametype cj map mp_crash gametype cj map mp_strike gametype cj map mp_citystreets gametype cj map mp_farm"

Thanks for any help available.

Rich
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Re: Is there a map rotation limit???

Post by Rich » June 17th, 2011, 8:55 am

Its 1000 caracters for windows hosts and 2000 for linux.

IzNoGoD
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by IzNoGoD » June 17th, 2011, 9:43 am

YOu can always use 2 cvars, when you reach the end of the first one, you can continue with the second.
It requires a little bit of scripting knowledge and a server-sided mod.
LMGTFY!

Its not a glitch... Its the future!

MasterThomy
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by MasterThomy » June 17th, 2011, 10:07 am

I don't think you need all that gametype cj....just set the g_gametype, don't write any of that in the maprotation.
Ex CoD2 mapper/modder.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » June 17th, 2011, 5:43 pm

That seems to be way too many maps. I think there is a limit on the number of maps you can have in a rotation, so I would try removing most of them, get your server working, then add maps 1-by-1 until you can't add any more.

S3x! Th1ng
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by S3x! Th1ng » June 17th, 2011, 8:23 pm

i have 65 maps on my server but i have unlimited space for maps end space depends how your hosting have limited for maps

SmokingJoePot
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe
Gamertag: SmokinqJoePot
PSN ID: SmokingJoePot

Post by SmokingJoePot » June 18th, 2011, 5:30 pm

Thanks MasterThomy, I took off the "gametype cj" from all the maps and it shorten it, now it works. The server started right up.

Btw if you ever want to play with us, Dazed and Confused Server IP:173.208.123.52:28960 and TeamSpeak 3 IP:173.208.120.10:7340. DnC's website is www.xtreamgaming.net. We host over a dozen something mods, from Zombie Warfare(Infection), BTDz_1.6(Zombotron), BTD_Alpha X15 (mw2 weapons), Obscurity, DnC Pezbots(supermario and luigi skins, super jumps w/music), reg Pezbot, Galactic Warfare(StarWars mod) w/bots), X4,X4_v3,X4_v3_mw2,X4_v3_rc5, modernpaintball, Aliens, Aliens vs Predator, K3, demon mod, flyer mod, Reign of the Undead, DnC's GunGame, and Elegant mod.

I also host Mame32(coin-operated games), Nes, Snes and Sega Genesis emulators and a collection of their roms without all the pop-ups from sites, www.mariachimaestro.com/SmokingJoePotsGameZone (make sure to refresh the roms page to see all the games).

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » June 18th, 2011, 10:36 pm

:roll:
-