Text Trigger

Have questions about CoD/UO mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Reality
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Text Trigger

Post by Reality » May 5th, 2011, 4:58 pm

I need help, how do you trigger text to appear on the screen? so when you walk on something it will come up with text?..

Moustache
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Re: Text Trigger

Post by Moustache » May 6th, 2011, 5:35 pm

I think it is better to thread the text. Else the trigger waits 5 seconds every time it get's touched. What if player 1 walks in to it and 2 seconds later player 2. Player 2 does not get the message because the trigger is still waiting.

At least I think it works that way.

iCYsoldier
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by iCYsoldier » May 7th, 2011, 1:17 am

You might be asking about hintstring's, which are the bit of text that appears towards the bottom of the screen, such as when it says "Press [Use] to pick up a weapon". In this case, make a trigger brush, right click the 2D window and select trigger > use_touch. Keep the brush selected, open the Entity window [N] and put these values in:

Key: hintstring
Value: What ever text you want to appear

Moustache
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Moustache » May 7th, 2011, 9:51 am

iCYsoldier wrote:You might be asking about hintstring's, which are the bit of text that appears towards the bottom of the screen, such as when it says "Press [Use] to pick up a weapon". In this case, make a trigger brush, right click the 2D window and select trigger > use_touch. Keep the brush selected, open the Entity window [N] and put these values in:

Key: hintstring
Value: What ever text you want to appear
It it also possible to place an IPrintLn as a key?
And is there a site or something where you can see which keys and values you can use?

EDIT:
Google <3
http://www.modsonwiki.com/index.php/Cal ... _use_touch