Forum for all kinds of CoD4 jumps.

Moderator: Core Staff

Acey
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Question :/

Post by Acey » April 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm

**Sorry if this is in the wrong section**

ur8 guys, I will try explain this question the best I can :S Well I was wondering when ever I watch CoDJumper movies or showcases etc... The jumpers always travel so far in the air after hitting a bounce! When I do it I go half as far as they do. I know it has something to do with FPS switching and I know how to do that, however I'm not sure I'm doing it 100% correctly :S I know my FPS has nothing to do with it because in the CoDJumper mod with fullbright etc on and off I can get 1000FPS. Is there some sort of command most of you guys use like g_speed, g_gravity etc...? Hope you can understand this mess of a question.

Cheeers (:

Acey
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Re: Question :/

Post by Acey » April 30th, 2011, 7:28 pm

Ohh okay :) Is there a config that gets used allot between the good CoDjumpers? Like usually if you play public it's usually yitch3 etc :P Thanks for the quick reply aswell! :D

Acey
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Acey » April 30th, 2011, 7:37 pm

Okay mate, thanks very much :) You can lock if you like, that's all I had to ask :)

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » April 30th, 2011, 10:26 pm

With alot of long distance bounces, which I assume you're talking about aswell, you need to make sure you keep your momentum whilst in mid-air.

Eg. If somebody hits the bounce, and then has to land sharply to the left. You first want to be coming off to the left when you hit the bounce, and then once you're in the air again you don't turn sharply left whilst in mid-air, that makes you lose most of your momentum. Instead you want to smoothly turn left, (most people use 250 to turn in midair, and then switch back to 333 to get maximum distance), similarly how you do `smooth` strafe jumps.

Hope this helps didn't really know how to word it correctly.
-

glitch3790
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper
PSN ID: campbell3790

Post by glitch3790 » May 1st, 2011, 12:57 am

air strafing adds a little bit of distance

Acey
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Acey » May 1st, 2011, 12:51 pm

xSnipeZx wrote:With alot of long distance bounces, which I assume you're talking about aswell, you need to make sure you keep your momentum whilst in mid-air.

Eg. If somebody hits the bounce, and then has to land sharply to the left. You first want to be coming off to the left when you hit the bounce, and then once you're in the air again you don't turn sharply left whilst in mid-air, that makes you lose most of your momentum. Instead you want to smoothly turn left, (most people use 250 to turn in midair, and then switch back to 333 to get maximum distance), similarly how you do `smooth` strafe jumps.

Hope this helps didn't really know how to word it correctly.
Woop! :D I tried what you said and managed to get where I wanted to! :DD Thanks very mucn snipez ;D

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » May 1st, 2011, 4:22 pm

Glad it helped :)
-