how do I change my FPS?

Have a question you need to ask? Need help? Ask here!

Moderator: Core Staff

kingXrated
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe
Gamertag: I x UnLuCkY

how do I change my FPS?

Post by kingXrated » April 25th, 2011, 9:37 am

hey guys I keep seeing videos saying 125 fps ETC and I have noticed alot of bounces you can't do in normal fps so can someone explain how I change the FPS?

Badeendnl
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Re: how do I change my FPS?

Post by Badeendnl » April 25th, 2011, 9:49 am

Start with first pressing the key left of the 1/! that is ~. That should open your console, if that doesn't work go to multiplayer options--> console enable and make that yes. If you did that, open your console and typ /cg_drawfps 1 and press enter. When you have done that you can see your fps in the right upper corner. After that you need to open your console again and that typ /com_maxfps 125 that will do that your maxfps is now always 125. It is also possible to switch fps/bind them but for that search on the forum there are many topics about. (i hope everything i wrote is correct beccause i haven't used these cmds for a while

kingXrated
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by kingXrated » April 25th, 2011, 9:54 am

Badeendnl wrote:Start with first pressing the key left of the 1/! that is ~. That should open your console, if that doesn't work go to multiplayer options--> console enable and make that yes. If you did that, open your console and typ /cg_drawfps 1 and press enter. When you have done that you can see your fps in the right upper corner. After that you need to open your console again and that typ /com_maxfps 125 that will do that your maxfps is now always 125. It is also possible to switch fps/bind them but for that search on the forum there are many topics about. (i hope everything i wrote is correct beccause i haven't used these cmds for a while
so what does the fps do? does it make me jump further or what? also when I do cg_drawFPS 1 but it my fps only shows around 30 to 60... should I try to overclock my gfx card and cpu?

Badeendnl
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Badeendnl » April 25th, 2011, 9:59 am

With certain sort fps you can jump further/higher/better for bouncing. but setting maxfps isn't enough, your computer also need to reach that fps. To get better fps you can use a program: yitch, search on google for it and you will find it. What you also could do is pressing ingame b+2 and turns all graphixs down. For the overclocking part, you can do it but i wouldn't do it if i hadn't got the knowlegde for it. By overclocking wrong/to much you have a change to screw whole your system up.

kingXrated
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by kingXrated » April 25th, 2011, 10:08 am

Badeendnl wrote:With certain sort fps you can jump further/higher/better for bouncing. but setting maxfps isn't enough, your computer also need to reach that fps. To get better fps you can use a program: yitch, search on google for it and you will find it. What you also could do is pressing ingame b+2 and turns all graphixs down. For the overclocking part, you can do it but i wouldn't do it if i hadn't got the knowlegde for it. By overclocking wrong/to much you have a change to screw whole your system up.
do you mean yitch as in the yitch3 configuration?

Badeendnl
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Badeendnl » April 25th, 2011, 10:11 am

yes that is what i mean

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » April 25th, 2011, 11:19 am

If you're reaching 30 fps your PC is shit.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

$hadow
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by $hadow » April 25th, 2011, 11:51 am

Here are some console commands that may bring your fps up:
/r_fullbright 1
/r_drawdecals 0
/r_drawsun 0
/r_drawwater 0
/r_detail 0
/fx_enable 0
/r_fog 0
And I'm not sure if lower ping = higher fps but I'll put it in anyways:
/cl_maxpackets 100
And here are fps binds:
/bind *key* toggle com_maxfps *number* *number*
Hope these help, I also have ele binds, and many other binds if you need them to :D

iCYsoldier
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by iCYsoldier » April 25th, 2011, 12:33 pm

$hadow wrote:/r_fullbright 1
/r_drawdecals 0
/r_drawsun 0
/r_drawwater 0
/r_detail 0
/fx_enable 0
/r_fog 0
These are cheat protected (except for r_drawDecals and possibly r_detail) commands and can't be used in public servers without devmap enabled. However, in the codjumper mod, there is a menu allowing you to toggle these commands, which allows your FPS to greatly increase. Without this, many people couldn't get the FPS required to do some jumps. In a public server NOT running the codjumper mod, the best you can do is use a specific config to increase your FPS, such as yitch3, and you said earlier.

Changing your FPS uses the command 'com_maxfps' which takes a value between 1 and 1000.

kingXrated
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by kingXrated » April 25th, 2011, 10:37 pm

well when I check like a system scanner to see if my pc can run cod4 it says it passes the highest settings... i also changed the settings on cod4 using the codjumper mod and my fps is now at around 80-90 is there anything else I can use to boost my fps up?

iCYsoldier
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by iCYsoldier » April 26th, 2011, 6:35 am

kingXrated wrote:my fps is now at around 80-90
If you have used the yitch3 configuration and have put fullbright on, fx off, and decals off, and are still only getting 80-90, then you will need to upgrade your PC. Also, 85 is the default FPS, so make sure you've changed it with the '/com_maxfps *value*' command. If you wanted 125 fps, type /com_maxfps 125 into the console and hit 'enter'.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » April 26th, 2011, 11:52 am

There's also a specific option which caps FPS at 60 or so by default. I'm not sure how it's named but that needs to be switched.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

iCYsoldier
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by iCYsoldier » April 26th, 2011, 12:01 pm

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:There's also a specific option which caps FPS at 60 or so by default. I'm not sure how it's named but that needs to be switched.
Ah, that's "Sync Every Frame", and yeh, that needs to be turned off for more FPS.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » April 26th, 2011, 1:53 pm

Thanks. That's it. Try that option and then come back to us :) If you've done that and you still lack FPS (On lowest settings) then it's 99% certain that your PC needs upgrades.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

BeZZo
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by BeZZo » April 26th, 2011, 1:58 pm

Post your PC specs.