Manics-jumper-b1 beta map release. COD4 BY ME...

Have a jump map that we don't have on our site? Let us know!

Moderator: Core Staff

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Manics-jumper-b1 beta map release. COD4 BY ME...

Post by steveuk » April 16th, 2011, 9:43 pm

Manics-jumper-b1 beta map release. COD4

New map ive just created, in beta stage, as i be adding more stuff to it later, there is 1 area in there that is just a large box,and should be un accessable for now.

Map is Multiplayer and should be put in jump servers as it is a jump map.

A few places with weapons on it, good selection of weapons at end.

maybe a few bugs around, and would like help with any bugs you may find,so please report any to me... As i say this is beta version 1 ,as im going to add more later to it.

here some images.

Here on this lev, you crouch and enter..

Extract folder mp_manics-jumper-beta1 to your
C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\usermaps so it will show as
C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\usermaps\mp_manics-jumper-beta1

There should be 3 files inside the folder, 2x FF files and 1 other file thats not realy needed, but i put there anyways...

Download link.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OFGXI8HV

Anyone who want to fix any bugs/errors or help upgrade it please let me know and we can work on it together, and i will give you the .map file.

Anyone putting on a server can do so, please just let me know which server your using so i can join in with other jumpers.. :wink: :P

REMEBER This is a BETA and proberly some bugs still in it..
Last edited by steveuk on April 17th, 2011, 7:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Manics-jumper-b1 beta map release. COD4 BY ME...

Post by Pedsdude » April 16th, 2011, 10:00 pm

I'm personally not a fan of 'floating platform' maps like that, but each to their own, I suppose.

lol @ "How do you get out of window mode in Call of Duty 4?" in the first picture. Open your config_mp.cfg (in "CoD4/players/profiles/<your username>"), find the line 'seta r_fullscreen "0"' and change the 0 to 1.

When you're fully happy with releasing the map as a finished product (i.e. not a beta), then please post it in this topic (following the instructions): http://codjumper.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4925

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » April 16th, 2011, 10:09 pm

Pedsdude wrote:I'm personally not a fan of 'floating platform' maps like that, but each to their own, I suppose.

lol @ "How do you get out of window mode in Call of Duty 4?" in the first picture. Open your config_mp.cfg (in "CoD4/players/profiles/<your username>"), find the line 'seta r_fullscreen "0"' and change the 0 to 1.

When you're fully happy with releasing the map as a finished product (i.e. not a beta), then please post it in this topic (following the instructions): http://codjumper.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4925

Well as you say each of there own..lol im going to do another map soon, but a town/village type one like Strike, Backlot, ect, kinda map. Will start it ext week and then after that release i go back to my jumper-beta1 maps and update that.

oh and to the screen thing, yea i know i just forgot to change it..lol

i use.
/seta r_fullscreen 1

Then type:

/vid_restart
That then puts it back to full screen.

oh reason for the name is im normaly called manickiller on cod4 so i named this one Manic-jumper this time around... :lol:
Last edited by steveuk on April 16th, 2011, 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » April 16th, 2011, 10:30 pm

ok link download via megaupload..

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L7J0O1JU

try it/test it/ report bugs/errors, even critasize i dont care, only took me 6 days to do..
Last edited by steveuk on April 17th, 2011, 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » April 17th, 2011, 12:32 am

OK I FOUND A FEW PROBLEMS WITH THE MAP, i need to sort out some clipping on 2nd lev an jump distance on lev 4(underground lev) and a few other items there, also i need to redo the weapons pm the ending plust the ending platform as it a bit far to jump.lol
will do these ASAP and repost new link soon if not tonight then tomorrow

EDITED:
jumps mostly sorted out, i also need to fix the hidden weapon stash, as i found out t hat they are static and cant be picked up AND USE.LOL, SO I WILL DO THAT TOMORROW AND THEN REUPLOAD THE BETA, IVE ADDED SOME EXTA SIDE WALL AND BETTER STIPPED BOUNCE WALL,AS SOME WAS NOT BOUNCING ALL THAT WELL

SORRY FOR CAPS, KEYBOARD JUST BROKE.... :cry:

H0mie
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe
Gamertag: H0mie@MP3

Post by H0mie » April 17th, 2011, 12:08 pm

well i just jumped the map and there are some stuff u need to correct.

i assume that the map is for beginners cause of the average difficulty.
but some bounces are just too tricky for beginners.

in my oppinion the last bounce is not possible on hardcore...i figured out a shortcut in order to skip that bounce and reach the finish...as u can see in this vid

other thing is that u can skip about 70% of the whole map after passing the first room.

u should spend more time on it to gain a decent map and not rushing through it in 6 days.
There is no hard or easy, its all about skill!

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » April 17th, 2011, 2:40 pm

F*ck me H0mie, nice jump but that was'nt ment to be the last jump,lol where you was ya men to go straight ahead,lol so shows ya gound a short cut,lol

It is more of a beginners map yes..how you did them,can you post a VID of you jumping them. i did do bouth but i could do better jumps on the one nearest to the one nearest the end side of the map?

How did you get past the 2nd lev(the lower lev) when there was a problem with the clip blocking the ladder.??? lol did you cheat.. lol, thats now been fixed and will be on the updated beta later today...

I think messing around you could find other jumps to?

Im going to keep the map as it is, just make a few adjustments, i postd it up as a betA so people can tell me what needs fixing,lol, i dont want to take 70% of the map off,i rather fix or amend stuff even change it with help.

I just got fix the weapons...then zip it up and post new link.

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » April 17th, 2011, 3:58 pm

updated version a few changes again..
download.

1 bounce jump removed, weapons changed and a few other adjustments made.
Last edited by steveuk on April 17th, 2011, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Husker
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Husker » April 17th, 2011, 4:25 pm

i found like 30 huge shortcuts... ill post demos later
My Youtube---->http://www.youtube.com/user/BSGhusker
Add me as a friend on Xfire---->username: Husker3011

PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: hairdresser in my house
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: she comes round to cut my mum's hair
HuÅŸker@DeadMouse: your mum's "hair" xD
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: oh dear.

PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: I'm making a joint map with KS
HuÅŸker@DeadMouse: joint?
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: fine, weed map

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » April 17th, 2011, 5:23 pm

Husker wrote:i found like 30 huge shortcuts... ill post demos later
30, lol my god i didnt think it was that bad..lol i did find 1 massive shortcut and a few small miner ones ive now fixed and another update to be posted later, i like to see your demo to see what you found.. hopefully another update within the hour..lol

Updated version + new link as of 7:10pm today

Last edited by steveuk on April 17th, 2011, 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » April 17th, 2011, 6:50 pm

Shortcuts will be plentyful on a map like this:P
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

H0mie
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by H0mie » April 17th, 2011, 7:52 pm

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:Shortcuts will be plentyful on a map like this:P
true story.

after the first room i skiped all except the last room.....then i took the first bounce as shortcut to get on the higher level ....jumped to the shortcut i already posted.....finish

H0mie
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by H0mie » April 18th, 2011, 1:31 pm

heres a vid of me going throught mp_manics-jumper-beta1

the shortcut after the first room realy need to be fixed....maybe u already fixed it

in my oppinion u should keep the last room as it is, so more experienced players can find some new bounces and dont get bored
and beginners can improve their skills by trying these bounces ;)

take care

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » April 18th, 2011, 6:52 pm

One of the many reasons not to make floating platform maps.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » April 18th, 2011, 8:31 pm

H0mie wrote:heres a vid of me going throught mp_manics-jumper-beta1

the shortcut after the first room realy need to be fixed....maybe u already fixed it

in my oppinion u should keep the last room as it is, so more experienced players can find some new bounces and dont get bored
and beginners can improve their skills by trying these bounces ;)

take care
LMFAO.
i see the reason it was only a 2 min video, lol ya did some major shortcuts and missed out like 3 quarters of the map.lol
Now i wounder if you could ever do the full map without short cutting and do every jump placed in the map, included the lower hiddedn lev where you can only enter via the arrow markup? (well not realy a hidden lev.lol)

will work on the shortcuts later this week, and alter a few other things,befor i make it final, but thanks for testing it, least it shows me what needs fixing..

Maybe a few more idears what i should add in jump wise, as im not to sure if both vans are jumperble i did jump them mtself, but the van nearer the middle of the map was a little hard for me to do, but i did make a bounce from it...

where the big block is over to the left where the ending is ,will be another jump section, but mostly for messing, will have more vans, cars, barrier jumps, and no real jumping beginning or eng, just a room for doing what ever possible jumps can be done in there more for pros like you.lol