For jump related chat that is specific to the PS3

Moderators: Core Staff, PS3 Team

Rughead
CJ Fan
CJ Fan
PSN ID: Rughead

What will happen to CoDJumping?

Post by Rughead » November 12th, 2010, 9:09 pm

Im just wondering, with CoD4 we had endless possibilities and still have (sorta) CoD WaW it had the most potential but then Treyarch either patched bouncing directly or did collateral damage when they patched the Bayonet jumping :( either way it narrowed it down a lot. In MW2 which was made by IW there were no bounces but there were some fun jumps and hardly anything was clipped. Now we have BO which is Treyarch's making, and although i havn't fully looked for a huge number of jumps i know that it is quite bare and more things have been clipped. We do plan to make some BO jump vids but there wont be many.
In my opinion i think we should look forward to the CoD games being made by IW/Respawn or any other new company to enter the scene, as we all know by now that Treyarch are not fans of jumping.

But what happens if after BO everything is clipped on future CoD games? what happens to CoDJumping then? :(

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What will happen to CoDJumping?

Post by Pedsdude » November 12th, 2010, 9:29 pm

In short: we rely heavily on custom maps.

I wouldn't say that bounce patching is a massive blow, the community had been strong since way before that was possible, but with there being very little stock jumps, it doesn't help at all.

In short, as long as they release map creating tools we should be OK. After all, most of the busy servers for CoD4 jumping these days are entirely jump map oriented - very few run stock maps because people have lost interest in them.

Rughead
CJ Fan
CJ Fan
PSN ID: Rughead

Post by Rughead » November 12th, 2010, 9:31 pm

i know on PC it will be around for a very long time but what about console when we rely on new maps being with the release of a New CoD game :(

.:iSpawn:.
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by .:iSpawn:. » November 14th, 2010, 4:40 am

Rughead wrote:i know on PC it will be around for a very long time but what about console when we rely on new maps being with the release of a New CoD game :(
This is a good point. But as climbbouncing has shown, things can come about over time. Just think of how long that took.

And to what Peds was talking on.. Personally, i still enjoy jumping on stock maps. I never really moved into jump maps. I enjoyed the few big ones like lighthouse and rocket, but they just werent my thing. I dont jump on either very often now a days. But I still watch every CJ video released and enjoy them. And when I get time (rl comes first) I get on a do some jumping on stock maps to pass the time or when im totally stressed over something.

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » November 15th, 2010, 6:31 pm

There are more jumps on BO then you would think. Already found a few without really trying. I'll start making videos/playing the game once this FPS lags are fixed.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » November 15th, 2010, 9:43 pm

Hoogie wrote:There are more jumps on BO then you would think. Already found a few without really trying. I'll start making videos/playing the game once this FPS lags are fixed.
Doesn't say a lot when my thoughts say there are no jumps in this game.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » November 16th, 2010, 2:40 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:
Hoogie wrote:There are more jumps on BO then you would think. Already found a few without really trying. I'll start making videos/playing the game once this FPS lags are fixed.
Doesn't say a lot when my thoughts say there are no jumps in this game.
You'll see.
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » November 16th, 2010, 3:22 pm

I look forward to seeing that video, Hoogie! :)

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » November 16th, 2010, 8:52 pm

Pedsdude wrote:I look forward to seeing that video, Hoogie! :)
Same, because at the moment I have no hope.
-

ConnoR
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper
Gamertag: conz0rz

Post by ConnoR » November 16th, 2010, 9:43 pm

madnesslink5 wrote:
Pedsdude wrote:I look forward to seeing that video, Hoogie! :)
Same, because at the moment I have no hope.

IzNoGoD
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by IzNoGoD » November 16th, 2010, 10:07 pm

On the lagg issue:
Skidrow seems to have disabled all the steam checks in Singleplayer, and now fps is up by almost 50%!

Seems like cracked versions run higher fps than legal copies... WAY TO GO TREYARSE!
LMGTFY!

Its not a glitch... Its the future!

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » November 17th, 2010, 12:01 am

IzNoGoD wrote:
On the lagg issue:
Skidrow seems to have disabled all the steam checks in Singleplayer, and now fps is up by almost 50%!

Seems like cracked versions run higher fps than legal copies... WAY TO GO TREYARSE!
Yeh, fuck you Treyarch, even though I had no intention of buying your game or supporting your product.
Not only did you download the game giving you NO RIGHT to have an opinion on the state of the game, but you are also blaming Treyarch for the problems being fixed by the removal of STEAM?

And before you blame Treyarch for the decision to use Steam in the first place, consider the fact that VAC > PB and Publishers probably had the bigger role in the decision.

So, well played on that front :roll:

Also, forgot to add, since when was SP running badly?
I have a legit copy and playing on highest quality perfectly...
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » November 17th, 2010, 10:03 am

Drofder2004 wrote:Also, forgot to add, since when was SP running badly?
I have a legit copy and playing on highest quality perfectly...

IzNoGoD
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by IzNoGoD » November 17th, 2010, 11:50 am

Well, i did indeed download it, but i bought mw2, which was shit compared to cod2. So i have no intention to further support the company creating these games.

And about the 50% more fps stuff: Im just reporting info from the .nfo file posted on the webs, so, you can do with it whatever you like.

Altogether, threyarch did accept the steam checks, while they should have known it made the game run shit.
LMGTFY!

Its not a glitch... Its the future!

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » November 17th, 2010, 3:56 pm

She's a nice pirate.

But if you didn't like MW2 you won't like BO.

If you like BO, you'll like MW2 :roll:
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol