Strafing help? (console)

For jump related chat that is specific to the Xbox 360

Moderator: Core Staff

KoBron83
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Strafing help? (console)

Post by KoBron83 » October 24th, 2010, 11:10 pm

I've been glitching in cod4 for about 2 years, but didn't start getting into bounces and strafes until about six months ago. I can do almost every hard strafe in the game, but the problem is that I'm very inconsistent with my strafe and it may take me up to an hour to finally land the chinatown strafe to the wooden plank.

The problem is that I know the basic fundamentals of strafing, but I don't understand what it takes to have the best strafe possible. It's like I make all the hard stafes just by luck.

For example, I don't know the correct time to start pushing diagonal up left before you jump. Some of you may say just to practice more, but trust me I've practiced enough. I'm obviously doing something wrong but I don't know what. Right now I don't have access to live so if you could just help me through text that would be awesome. Thanks.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Strafing help? (console)

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » October 25th, 2010, 2:57 pm

I don't play on consoles but I guess strafe jumps on consoles are practically the same, you just use different controls. Have you looked at our strafe tutorials ?
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » October 25th, 2010, 5:59 pm

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:I don't play on consoles but I guess strafe jumps on consoles are practically the same, you just use different controls. Have you looked at our strafe tutorials ?
Sort of, I don't play on console either but I've seen alot of videos, and there seems to be a quite commonly used strafe which is nearly a 180 degree turn, which gets big distances anyway.
-

Rughead
CJ Fan
CJ Fan
PSN ID: Rughead

Post by Rughead » October 25th, 2010, 7:42 pm

i really wouldnt too much with how you strafe,
Hardstrafing is not a "thing" like bouncing or stacking its just a term for something that people associate alot of people doing.
A lot of people use a 180 degree turn and they have no need too. i can perform the hardest with a good old classic 90 degree and im not the only one. dont be afraid to use your own style
Your type of Strafe is like your fingerprints Everyones is different (Pretty much)

KoBron83
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by KoBron83 » October 25th, 2010, 9:47 pm

Rughead wrote:i really wouldnt too much with how you strafe,
Hardstrafing is not a "thing" like bouncing or stacking its just a term for something that people associate alot of people doing.
A lot of people use a 180 degree turn and they have no need too. i can perform the hardest with a good old classic 90 degree and im not the only one. dont be afraid to use your own style
Your type of Strafe is like your fingerprints Everyones is different (Pretty much)
I know that each stafe has a little personal style to it, but what I'm asking is what's the best form for a strafe in general. Like, for a righty 90 degree pc, when do you start pushing diagonal up left on the left analog stick for maximum distance? Is it exactly when you press the jump button, or is it a little bit sooner? You know, stuff like that.

@Zaitsev: I did watch your tutorials, but they were very basic and didn't help me out too much. Maybe make a more specifc strafe tut for max distance?

EDIT: You know what I think I might just suck and I'm hopeless lol.

iCYsoldier
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by iCYsoldier » October 26th, 2010, 10:57 am

I'd say the best strafe comes from a smooth, fairly quick turn all in one fluid motion. And you should jump when you almost facing your landing and keep turning in the air, but alot slower for more speed.

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » October 26th, 2010, 11:02 am

Maybe a idea for one of the xbox 360 guys to make a sticky about strafe jumping on console?
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

MotiionzzHD
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie
Gamertag: o MotiionzzHD o

Post by MotiionzzHD » October 26th, 2010, 6:31 pm

as many may think, strafing on console is a lot different than strafing on pc on pc people play in a completely different sensitivity
their lowest sensitivity is like an 8 for us while most of them line up 180 degrees most of us console jumper line up 90 or less if you are inconsistent than maybe i could point out what you maybe doing wrong GT:
o MotiionzzHD o

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » October 26th, 2010, 9:07 pm

MotiionzzHD wrote:as many may think, strafing on console is a lot different than strafing on pc on pc people play in a completely different sensitivity
their lowest sensitivity is like an 8 for us while most of them line up 180 degrees most of us console jumper line up 90 or less if you are inconsistent than maybe i could point out what you maybe doing wrong GT:
o MotiionzzHD o
You could write a tutorial about it?
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

KoBron83
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by KoBron83 » October 26th, 2010, 9:36 pm

MotiionzzHD wrote:as many may think, strafing on console is a lot different than strafing on pc on pc people play in a completely different sensitivity
o MotiionzzHD o
Thanks for the offer, but I don't have live right now. :(

@iCYsoldier: Yeah that might be it, maybe my strafe is just too choppy. Imma go and practice my strafe. :)

EDIT: I definitely seem to be getting better. I think my probelm was that I was making it too complicated, which made my strafes unsmooth and inconsistent. I just recently made the chinatown strafe 3 times in 20 minutes and I made the pipeline window strafe 3 times in a row, although it's not really that hard lol. I think it's possible with a sniper... Thanks for the help everyone!

MAGIKMAN11
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe
Gamertag: BBobcat

Post by MAGIKMAN11 » November 6th, 2010, 11:04 pm

i can help you guyys out just say ur from codjumper and ill help u :lol:

gt=BBobcat

KoBron83
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by KoBron83 » January 4th, 2011, 1:52 am

I have another question. From watching vids of xcj, fg, etc, I've noticed that you guys almost never do a pure pc strafe. Like when you begin to strafe you start out sprinting to the right or left a little bit like you are about to do a console-pc, but it usually ends up being a 90-180 degree strafe, so it looks like some sort of combination of both methods. Do you do this because it lets you strafe further than normally or is it just a preference for a better positioned jump?

MotiionzzHD
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie
Gamertag: o MotiionzzHD o

Post by MotiionzzHD » January 6th, 2011, 3:30 am

well the way you strafe on Xbox (dont know if its the same as ps3) but you do less turn, what we call it is precisely what you said a mix of both methods, its called a PC console strafe. i think it would be a good idea if i made a tutorial showing all the strafes on xbox so look for that this weekend maybe it will even get uploaded to CJ it ll be good xD so look for it on like Saturday

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » January 6th, 2011, 3:52 am

MotiionzzHD wrote:i think it would be a good idea if i made a tutorial showing all the strafes on xbox
Yes, do it and we'll put it up on CJ!

KoBron83
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by KoBron83 » January 6th, 2011, 4:47 am

MotiionzzHD wrote:well the way you strafe on Xbox (dont know if its the same as ps3) but you do less turn, what we call it is precisely what you said a mix of both methods, its called a PC console strafe. i think it would be a good idea if i made a tutorial showing all the strafes on xbox so look for that this weekend maybe it will even get uploaded to CJ it ll be good xD so look for it on like Saturday
Okay, thanks man. So do you strafe farther with a pc console than with just a pc?