Cod 1 skinning player models?

Have a question about modding, modelling or skinning? Have a tutorial to post? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

towelie
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Cod 1 skinning player models?

Post by towelie » September 13th, 2010, 7:55 am

I wanted to know if it's possible to change the skin of your player models in cod 1. I want to change the way like an German or American and stuff like that look. Nothing complicated. In fact I just want them solid bright colors like neon green or yellow. I want it to be for just my game. Not a server mod or anything like that. I did this for c:ss but cod 1 isn't nearly as popular so I don't know if it's possible. If it is can someone either tell me how to or do it for me:) thanks. Xxfire - holyfat

megazor
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Re: Cod 1 skinning player models?

Post by megazor » September 13th, 2010, 12:13 pm

its possible. but im being too lazy to explain, thats a long story to tell. in short, u need to extract skins from .pk3's, change them (the skins) and place to a new .pk3 file. u will probably have to recompile a model u changed the skins for, im not sure of this point.

the following article may help u:

http://modsonline.com/Tutorials-read-208.html

towelie
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by towelie » September 13th, 2010, 1:21 pm

I'm sorta on the go so I skimmed over that linked you sent me... Wow seems verrrry complicated haha. In CSS I just used some editor program and painted it all blue and orange

towelie
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by towelie » September 14th, 2010, 10:47 pm

I looked over that again and it proved to not be very helpful that was for modeling and mapping and I'm Just trying to make a skin to replace the characters no mods or anything. Plus the websites to download those programs in the link you gave me were down