Oh dear...

General chat area for anything whatsoever

Moderator: Core Staff

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Oh dear...

Post by F |Madness| U » September 10th, 2010, 5:56 pm

"The game has a reporting system. Report boosters and let's make examples of them. Once you lay the ban hammer on enough bad people word will get around that we don't take too kindly to this sort of thing."

http://bashandslash.com/index.php?optio ... Itemid=131

This is talking about Black Ops btw, and talking about tactical insertion, saying that there is a report system to get boosters banned. This could mean that, if by some chance there IS an opportunity for jumping, we MAY be able to be reported for it. (I'm not sure if the report system is just for boosting or not).
-

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Oh dear...

Post by Pedsdude » September 10th, 2010, 6:08 pm

Tbh, given the amount of unneccesary clip used in WaW, I doubt there will be many good jumps available in BO anyway.

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » September 10th, 2010, 6:34 pm

I don't see how this could work anyway.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » September 10th, 2010, 7:15 pm

Indeed, presumably it would use some sort of server info to prove that they're boosting as opposed to just ban based entirely on what people say. You get a bad enough problem with vote kickers at times on CoD games, they must be fully aware that the same prospect with bans would be ridiculous.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » September 10th, 2010, 7:55 pm

KillerSam wrote:
Pedsdude wrote:Indeed, presumably it would use some sort of server info to prove that they're boosting as opposed to just ban based entirely on what people say. You get a bad enough problem with vote kickers at times on CoD games, they must be fully aware that the same prospect with bans would be ridiculous.
Maybe servers store a "demo" when a report is made or similar.
Yep, that's what I meant by "server info", for example a log showing that someone used a tactical insertion and then was killed instantly after, and this happening repeatedly etc.

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » September 10th, 2010, 7:56 pm

They're not even able ban all the hackers and now they are planning on banning the glitchers? It will fail.
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » September 10th, 2010, 8:16 pm

Boosting = A method used in MW2 which allowed people to have one guy camp in a place where no one would go in usually an FFA game, and have their friends lay down Tactical insertions nearby, and let the main person kill them until they got a nuke to end the game. There are other methods of boosting, but this is one of the main ones.

What I'm trying to point out is that boosting doesn't mean stacking (Or glitching/jumping, whatever you care to call it). However, the points made in this topic still apply, I suppose. I thought that I'd at least point out what appears to be a misconception.
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: infinate
[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: u r smarter than me

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » September 10th, 2010, 8:42 pm

Oh.. well it will still fail but i don't care about this meassure then xD

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » September 10th, 2010, 8:53 pm

Why the hell can't they just...oh, I don't know, FIX IT?
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » September 10th, 2010, 8:54 pm

So us people get their asses kicked by using flaws in the mappers design ?
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » September 10th, 2010, 9:33 pm

Yeah I didn't mean that they confirmed jumping will be `reportable` aswell, sorry if I misleaded anyone. But I assume that if there is this report feature in the game i wouldn't think it would be soley to stop boosting. Eg. it could be used to report hackers, and maybe even jumping/glitching.
-

pyrq
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by pyrq » September 10th, 2010, 11:01 pm

I guess they can easily check the "demos" that are saved in each players profile and that are accessible through the theater mode or w/e its called. By watching ppl's games they can see whether they are boosting or not.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » September 11th, 2010, 1:51 pm

As Inifinite saide, BOOSTING IS NOT A JUMPING ISSUE.

Boosting is stat padding. Basically, you start a private ranked game. If you do this on a certain gametype, you are able to keep the game from ending by time out (there are no kill limits), so two people constantly arm and defuse the objective, the rest of the players are either assigned to kill or to die. You basically keep killing people and gain a huge K/D ratio.
Other types of boosting are as Infinite said, getting a Nuke the easy way.

Read the article before you start talking...
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » September 11th, 2010, 3:41 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:As Inifinite saide, BOOSTING IS NOT A JUMPING ISSUE.

Boosting is stat padding. Basically, you start a private ranked game. If you do this on a certain gametype, you are able to keep the game from ending by time out (there are no kill limits), so two people constantly arm and defuse the objective, the rest of the players are either assigned to kill or to die. You basically keep killing people and gain a huge K/D ratio.
Other types of boosting are as Infinite said, getting a Nuke the easy way.

Read the article before you start talking...
I read 'boosting' as jumping at first, but then I read the article and realised it wasn't related to jumping. I then re-read the OP and he doesn't really say it's jumping either, he merely states that because people will be able to report for boosting, perhaps they will also be able to report for jumping.

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » September 11th, 2010, 6:40 pm

KillerSam wrote:na I knew bosting was "boosting stats" e.t.c, but it's obvious to me that any report system will be designed to tackle multiple things...jumping / glitching / unfair advantage will be on that list in one way or another tbh.
That is exactly what I meant, I knew from the start that the boosting was referring to ranking up using, but to me it seems stupid that they would go through the hassle of making a report system just for reporting boosters.. from their perspective it would make much more sense to make other things reportable aswell whilst they're at it.
-