Elevators possible?

Forum for all kinds of CoD2 jumps.

Moderator: Core Staff

JuMPZoR
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Re: Elevators possible?

Post by JuMPZoR » July 7th, 2010, 1:13 am

Lol I remember trying this in cod2. Couldn't even find anywhere to crouch. Cod 1 and 2 really pissed me off without sprint. Lol, it's really hard to play without it.

KoBron83
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by KoBron83 » July 7th, 2010, 2:20 am

I found a good spot to try an elevator on xbox that someone can try out on pc. In Railyard, do the jump where you climb up the ladder on the train car and then jump (or nadejump depending on fps) to the long white platform. Then crouch underneath the higher roof part that's barriered and try to do an elevator.

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » July 7th, 2010, 6:45 am

But you can't elevator on cod2 AT ALL.
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » July 7th, 2010, 12:44 pm

Ok i fail. I see it does has to be answered multiple times for some people :(
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

Brody
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Brody » July 7th, 2010, 12:49 pm

KoBron83 wrote:I found a good spot to try an elevator on xbox that someone can try out on pc. In Railyard, do the jump where you climb up the ladder on the train car and then jump (or nadejump depending on fps) to the long white platform. Then crouch underneath the higher roof part that's barriered and try to do an elevator.
I'll give that a try, might work.
EDIT; Didn't work.

Don't think is possible but I'll post it anyway.
You might be able to get higher with the addition of a grenade (which I doubt very much that it'll work), haven't tried it yet myself but I will soon. I'll post results when I've tried it.
EDIT; Grenade doesn't give a boost.

KoBron83
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by KoBron83 » July 8th, 2010, 8:55 pm

Brody wrote:
KoBron83 wrote:I found a good spot to try an elevator on xbox that someone can try out on pc. In Railyard, do the jump where you climb up the ladder on the train car and then jump (or nadejump depending on fps) to the long white platform. Then crouch underneath the higher roof part that's barriered and try to do an elevator.
I'll give that a try, might work.
EDIT; Didn't work.

Don't think is possible but I'll post it anyway.
You might be able to get higher with the addition of a grenade (which I doubt very much that it'll work), haven't tried it yet myself but I will soon. I'll post results when I've tried it.
EDIT; Grenade doesn't give a boost.
Before I let this thread die, how long did you try and did you ever get a lag/glitch spot if you know what I mean?

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » July 8th, 2010, 9:08 pm

You don't get it. CoD4 isn't just CoD2 with prettier graphics, the way both games handle physics is different and collision detection is what CoD4 seems to struggle with a lot(bouncing, stacking etc.). Elevators are one more bug in the way the game processes collision.
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

KoBron83
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by KoBron83 » July 8th, 2010, 10:37 pm

Rezil wrote:You don't get it. CoD4 isn't just CoD2 with prettier graphics, the way both games handle physics is different and collision detection is what CoD4 seems to struggle with a lot(bouncing, stacking etc.). Elevators are one more bug in the way the game processes collision.
Oh kay.
Pants.