CoDJumper.com Mod v3.1

News will be posted here by the CoDJumper team

Moderator: Core Staff

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Re: CoDJumper.com Mod v3.1

Post by Lancast » June 30th, 2010, 4:41 pm

Nice MORGOTH, I didn't think it would work if it wasn't in the mod folder. Will apply your method to my server right now.

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » June 30th, 2010, 5:40 pm

I take it all bad, that's wrong and dont do it. The iwds have to be in the mods folder. If the iwds are only inside usermaps and someone doesnt have that map, when that map comes up cod4 will crash for that person(I tried it 2 times and it always happens). The iwds have to be in the mods folder, only there.

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » June 30th, 2010, 5:49 pm

Please let me know about any complaints or bugs. The mod has already undergone one hotfix since release but I'm not positive all the issues were fixed. It's hard to test an update like this, so unfortunately we'll have to deal with a few bugs before everything goes smoothly. Sorry for any inconvenience.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

MORGOTH
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by MORGOTH » June 30th, 2010, 5:50 pm

Lancast wrote:I take it all bad, that's wrong and dont do it. The iwds have to be in the mods folder. If the iwds are only inside usermaps and someone doesnt have that map, when that map comes up cod4 will crash for that person(I tried it 2 times and it always happens). The iwds have to be in the mods folder, only there.
For me this work great. No one crash on certain maps end the system makes you download all files in the proper folder. Try yourself: 95.141.32.209:20008

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » June 30th, 2010, 5:54 pm

Here some things:
cj_voteduration
cj_votelockout
They do not work at all, after a vote I can vote right away and I cant change the vote duration time.

Voting glitch, you can put a vote, vote yes or no, then reconnect and vote again...You can keep on doing that until the vote ends, needs fixing.

The admin menu is a bit weird too, for some reason, on the clients I cannot use mouse, I have to press enter to get the client and sometimes the client ids are not updated and are wrong, like I click on someone but it gives me someone else.

Last thing, not sure if this is a bug, what are all the ranks? Many people seem to have rank called "Unknown", is that one of the ranks or some bug?

MORGOTH
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by MORGOTH » June 30th, 2010, 6:37 pm

there are some problem in selecting people from the admin menu... I found it very difficult... Sometimes it takes the upper or the lower one... sometimes it takes no one...

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » June 30th, 2010, 7:16 pm

Lancast wrote:Here some things:
cj_voteduration
cj_votelockout

Voting glitch, you can put a vote, vote yes or no, then reconnect and vote again...You can keep on doing that until the vote ends, needs fixing.
These issues will be looked into after Soviet has finished with the 'mini' (used loosely) project.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » June 30th, 2010, 8:43 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:
cj_voteduration
cj_votelockout
These issues will be looked into after Soviet has finished with the 'mini' (used loosely) project.
Were those issues there before my release?
Lancast wrote:Voting glitch, you can put a vote, vote yes or no, then reconnect and vote again...You can keep on doing that until the vote ends, needs fixing.
Yeah, I'm not sure how to approach that issue. There are several solutions I can think of, but none will be that simple.
Lancast wrote:The admin menu is a bit weird too, for some reason, on the clients I cannot use mouse, I have to press enter to get the client and sometimes the client ids are not updated and are wrong, like I click on someone but it gives me someone else.
The first part of this issue occurs with certain resolutions. As of now we have no idea what causes it. You should be able to still click on them if you click the very left hand side of the button. As for the other issues, those have been addressed and fixed already. Since they aren't a big deal I'll release that fix in a bit once I've fixed the other stuff. Additionally, make sure you are using the 3.11 hotfix which should be up on the site now. It addresses a number of issues with the original release.
Lancast wrote:Last thing, not sure if this is a bug, what are all the ranks? Many people seem to have rank called "Unknown", is that one of the ranks or some bug?
Roach
Unknown
Noob
Novice
Amateur
Learner
Apprentice
Recruit
Regular
Adept
Skilled
Experienced
Talented
Veteran
Expert
Pro
Wicked
Sick
Elite
Hacker
Demi-God
God
VIP
Admin
ImageImageImage

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » June 30th, 2010, 11:58 pm

Soviet wrote:
Drofder2004 wrote:
cj_voteduration
cj_votelockout
Were those issues there before my release?
Yes. Lancast reported them mid way through your development, so just kept them in hat for the time being.
The vote situation is a simply solve.

You create an temporary array, each person who votes has their GUID placed into this array,
Each time you attempt to vote, you are checked against the array. If a match is found, no vote is counted and the player is given a status of "voted".

If you want to have a go at doing it, feel free.

cj_voteduration and votelockout I have not personally confirmed as bugs, bad coding or simply server errors.
(I have a feeling it is related to the semi-hidden default dvars but not sure).

For now, finish current project.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » July 1st, 2010, 12:18 am

Lancast wrote:The iwds have to be in the mods folder, only there.
So you removed them from their respective usermaps/<map name> folders and have them ONLY in codjumperv3?

JuMPZoR
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by JuMPZoR » July 1st, 2010, 8:09 am

ooooo i want teh 1337 rank :D

Nice mod guys.

Lol, i remember when u guys couldnt even save and had to noclip back to the jump, now can can teleport to people, lol.

MORGOTH
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by MORGOTH » July 1st, 2010, 9:06 am

Pedsdude wrote:
So you removed them from their respective usermaps/<map name> folders and have them ONLY in codjumperv3?
it is tested that if you don't have the iwd but only the 2 ff files of a certain map and you are on the server and that certain map is loaded via rcon your game will crash. Btw on my server i have all iwd in usermaps folder and i didn't notice this crash thing since lancast make me notice it...

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » July 1st, 2010, 11:18 am

Pedsdude wrote:
Yes

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » July 11th, 2010, 8:37 pm

Minor update available on mods page and live on server 1. The update includes a number of minor fixes to the admin menu, rank system, and overall menu logic. Vote system and dvar for free running hands have not yet been added.
ImageImageImage

JuMPZoR
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by JuMPZoR » July 11th, 2010, 10:14 pm

Soviet wrote:Minor update available on mods page and live on server 1. The update includes a number of minor fixes to the admin menu, rank system, and overall menu logic. Vote system and dvar for free running hands have not yet been added.
I hope that didn't reset the ranks D: