Matty's CoD4 Video Rendering Tutorial

The graphics forum (images and design) - self explanatory really!

Moderator: Core Staff

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Matty's CoD4 Video Rendering Tutorial

Post by Rezil » May 22nd, 2010, 5:25 pm

Shush, we're arguing here!
As a video container, MKV has much more posibilities
Again, such as? Multiple video, audio and subtitle tracks don't count(this is after all a tutorial mostly aimed at people making frag/jump movies so the output is in most cases an online video site such as Wipido or YT as stated before, you know, the part which you forgot to quote).
it's much more powerful than MP4
In what way?
it's just a superior container.
It's better in the sense that it has multiple track support + it supports AC3 codec whereas .mp4 doesn't iirc. .mp4 on the other hand can be played in WAAY more devices than .mkv so .mkv is not better allround.
What's more to discuss?
Your bullshit?

I'm not really disagreeing with you, I'm just saying that both file types are equally good when it comes to the purpose for which they're intended(encoding video in HD by using x264). FOR THIS PARTICULAR PURPOSE, both file types are equally good. Of course for other puposes(such as being a dirty little pirate for example) .mkv would be considered better.
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » May 22nd, 2010, 5:44 pm

Na Rez, you're just talking because you have to say something otherwise my posts would make you completely look bad.
Rez|l wrote:
Lancast wrote:As a video container, MKV has much more posibilities
Again, such as? Multiple video, audio and subtitle tracks don't count(this is after all a tutorial mostly aimed at people making frag/jump movies so the output is in most cases an online video site such as Wipido or YT as stated before, you know, the part which you forgot to quote).
Obviously they do count, those are the posiblities which I'm aware of, but if you went to videohelp.com they'd suply you with other features. Unlike MP4, MKV is being updated often.
Rez|l wrote:
Lancast wrote:it's much more powerful than MP4
In what way?
In the way of being able to handle much more video and audio codecs and being able to have many audio and sub tracks?
Rez|l wrote:
Lancast wrote:it's just a superior container.
It's better in the sense that it has multiple track support + it supports AC3 codec whereas .mp4 doesn't iirc. .mp4 on the other hand can be played in WAAY more devices than .mkv so .mkv is not better allround.
Ok, that's a random fact to state, not needed at all. I already said that MKV has poor playback support if you read few posts back. It's obvious isn't it, MKV being superior, having the posibilities of codecs which MP4 doens't suport and multiple audio and sub tracks, obviously it's not that supported. Only some very expensive dvd players support MKV. But as a container, with MKV you can do more things, that is what it makes it better than MP4. We are PC users, for us it doesn't matter which container it is, MP4 h264 is not all that super supported too, nothing compare to AVI. Scene groups use MKV for blueray encodings, they don't give a shit whenever it's suported for your PS3 or Xbox, they have more posibilities to do with MKV that is why they use it.
Rez|l wrote:
What's more to discuss?
I'm just saying that both file types are equally good when it comes to the purpose for which they're intended(encoding video in HD by using x264).
I said that myself many times...All I stated before at the begining of the topic to use MKV instead of MP4 because in the past when I did some test on youtube, youtube seemed better with MKV but since the past youtube changed a lot and I'm not sure how it's now.
Rez|l wrote:
Lancast wrote:What's more to discuss?
Your bullshit?

I'm not really disagreeing with you,
Haha.

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » May 22nd, 2010, 5:55 pm

Na Rez, you're just talking because you have to say something otherwise my posts would make you completely look bad.
I lol'd.

Anyway, what we've established:

- .mkv is better than .mp4 but when using x264 to encode movies it's better to use .mp4 because it is more supported than .mkv.

- comparing PS1 to .mp4 and PS3 to .mkv is bullshit.

- Lancast likes to argue(so do I :))!
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » May 22nd, 2010, 5:57 pm

Finally, an agreement! :D

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » May 22nd, 2010, 6:27 pm

Ch4vioN
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Ch4vioN » May 22nd, 2010, 6:35 pm

wow theres just so much here. as my opening statment says it's like i said mkv and mp4 handle x264 the same. i dunno why you would wanna add subs or multiple sound tracks to youre cod4 frag movie but if you wanna do that then mkv is youre best option LOL at lancast

matt101harris
PC Team
PC Team

Post by matt101harris » May 22nd, 2010, 7:12 pm

Lancast face it Ch4vion is a better movie maker than you, and you are wrong... now fuck off. I win!

Bloodz latest teaser (his new movie will be out soon) http://www.wipido.com/video/D93sGyCGngvo
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: put your cock away, you sick man
Matty@CoDJumper.com: hahaha
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: (while i whip mine out)
Matty@CoDJumper.com: lol
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: just kidding
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: ... i don't have one :(

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » May 22nd, 2010, 7:36 pm

matt101harris wrote:Lancast face it Ch4vion is a better movie maker than you, and you are wrong... now fuck off. I win!
It's things like this that make me not really blame Lancast for arguing all the time.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

matt101harris
PC Team
PC Team

Post by matt101harris » May 22nd, 2010, 7:45 pm

Soviet wrote:
matt101harris wrote:Lancast face it Ch4vion is a better movie maker than you, and you are wrong... now fuck off. I win!
It's things like this that make me not really blame Lancast for arguing all the time.
but i hate him so i dotn care :D.

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » May 22nd, 2010, 7:48 pm

But you hate him because he says provocative and mean things...which he does because you provoke him. You see the cycle here?
ImageImageImage

matt101harris
PC Team
PC Team

Post by matt101harris » May 22nd, 2010, 7:54 pm

Soviet wrote:But you hate him because he says provocative and mean things...which he does because you provoke him. You see the cycle here?
and i dont care :D. He dosent have to argue back, its his choice, earlier he started to argue without being provoked. He is just a horrid person, thats all.

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » May 22nd, 2010, 8:04 pm

matt101harris wrote:
Soviet wrote:But you hate him because he says provocative and mean things...which he does because you provoke him. You see the cycle here?
and i dont care :D. He dosent have to argue back, its his choice, earlier he started to argue without being provoked. He is just a horrid person, thats all.
Matty you didn't understand a thing Soviet just said, give up, you don't have what it takes to understand WORDS.
http://tinyurl.com/29lh959

matt101harris
PC Team
PC Team

Post by matt101harris » May 22nd, 2010, 11:12 pm

Lancast wrote:
matt101harris wrote:
Matty you didn't understand a thing Soviet just said, give up, you don't have what it takes to understand WORDS.
http://tinyurl.com/29lh959
lol ok so we all agree im thick, every1 knows it, but face it your wrong... lol.

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » May 23rd, 2010, 2:49 am

matt101harris wrote:lol ok so we all agree im thick, every1 knows it, but face it your wrong... lol.
ImageImageImage

jakek95
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by jakek95 » May 27th, 2010, 10:03 pm

how big is like a 10 sec file??