Dual Monitor

The graphics forum (images and design) - self explanatory really!

Moderator: Core Staff

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Dual Monitor

Post by Hoogie » May 8th, 2010, 2:19 pm

Yoo

I have a old monitor that is not used for anything so i thought i would connect it to my pc and see how it looks and stuff. But the wire has a different end then the connector in the pc (hope i made that clear xD), so i have to go buy a piece for it in between. But before i buy anything i want to make sure it'll work.

So my question is, is there something special you need to connect 2 monitors? Like 2 graphic cards or something (which i don't have anymore).
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

R4d0xZz
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Re: Dual Monitor

Post by R4d0xZz » May 8th, 2010, 2:31 pm

if you want to connect 2 monitors so your pc think´s it´s ONE you´ll need that:
http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/dh2go/
Image|Image
Image|Image
Image|Image

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » May 8th, 2010, 3:44 pm

Check the ports on your video card. Most video cards nowadays have two vga connectors for your monitor. If you've got two, all you have to do is get an adapter and it'll work without any issues. If not, then you'll have to look into what R4d0xZz mentioned.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » May 8th, 2010, 5:01 pm

KillerSam wrote:Yep as long as your graphics card has at least 2 video out ports (dvi / hdmi / vga) it doesn't matter. Just adapt your monitors to fit into 2 of the ports and it should work.

My card has one of each of the connectors so I have monitors in the dvi + vga port.
Yes it has 2 ports, not sure which. I'll buy the piece between it soon then ;)
Thanks!
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » May 8th, 2010, 5:09 pm

KillerSam wrote:
Hoogie wrote:
KillerSam wrote:Yep as long as your graphics card has at least 2 video out ports (dvi / hdmi / vga) it doesn't matter. Just adapt your monitors to fit into 2 of the ports and it should work.

My card has one of each of the connectors so I have monitors in the dvi + vga port.
Yes it has 2 ports, not sure which. I'll buy the piece between it soon then ;)
Thanks!
a lot of graphics cards / monitors come with the adapters. I've certainly got about 4-5 myself.
Yes but this monitor is actually from another pc and you didn't need a piece to connect it to that PC but you do for this one so i'll have to go and get it.

It's actually a shit monitor, about 18 inch, but better then nothing :P

R4d0xZz
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by R4d0xZz » May 8th, 2010, 5:25 pm

if i understand you right you also can use a dvi to vga adapter (i hope its the right word for it :D)
here is a screen:
http://www.tvcables.co.uk/images/items/vga-to-dvi.jpg
Image|Image
Image|Image
Image|Image

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » May 8th, 2010, 5:46 pm

R4d0xZz wrote:if i understand you right you also can use a dvi to vga adapter (i hope its the right word for it :D)
here is a screen:
http://www.tvcables.co.uk/images/items/vga-to-dvi.jpg
Yes that's what i need :D
I already got one for my first monitor ;)