mp_svt_factory

Have a jump map that we don't have on our site? Let us know!

Moderator: Core Staff

Badeendnl
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Re: mp_svt_factory

Post by Badeendnl » March 12th, 2012, 8:46 pm

But are you planning to start working on it again?

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » March 12th, 2012, 10:39 pm

If I get a 3.6 GPA this semester I won't have to take summer classes. Under that circumstance, I'll be working on it again.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » March 12th, 2012, 11:12 pm

That's a no.
Hoogie wrote:Slacker.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

Mirko
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Mirko » March 13th, 2012, 1:51 am

how can u NOT finish this
fuck college. just finish this map XD

scott
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by scott » March 13th, 2012, 1:59 am

can you just release a beta now? that is all we ask :S then by the time we rape your beta some time will of passed and you might have started again:P
Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/CodGlitchesHD

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » March 13th, 2012, 2:28 am

It's not currently releasable as a beta. I've got detours that turn into dead ends at random points during the map along with some other issues that basically make it unplayable. Also, I don't really want to release it at its current quality level. I guess there's a bit of a chance I'll go back to it before the summer, but I'm not making any guarantees. The majority of my professors this semester are assholes.
ImageImageImage

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » March 13th, 2012, 3:47 pm

One day you will finish it. Imagine the praise you will receive :D

Peds might even offer to give a blowjob for the awesomeness that is this map.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » March 13th, 2012, 5:17 pm

KillerSam wrote:
[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote: Peds might even offer to give a blowjob for the awesomeness that is this map.
We want him to finish the map, not delete it.
:lol: :lol:
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

scott
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by scott » March 14th, 2012, 1:26 am

KillerSam wrote:
[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote: Peds might even offer to give a blowjob for the awesomeness that is this map.
We want him to finish the map, not delete it.
LOL
Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/CodGlitchesHD

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » March 15th, 2012, 6:34 pm

I've beta tested it, so the joke is on you guys!!!

Infekt
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Infekt » October 20th, 2012, 2:33 pm

I know it's old, but BUMP!! You should finish this map ( if you have time) it would be very much appreciated :D

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » October 20th, 2012, 2:52 pm

Indeed, it's just too good to be true :( Soviet if you don't think you'll ever get around to finishing it, what about passing it onto another very experienced mapper (ie. Rezil) to finish. Obviously you wouldn't want it to be given to a randomer who makes mediocre maps, but somebody with a consistent high quality could possibly finish the map.
-

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » October 20th, 2012, 8:38 pm

Honestly, while it looks pretty good, the actually quality of jumps just isn't there. I put far too many invisible walls and focused way too much on the wrong things when I was working on it. I would have to do a complete overhaul of the design before I could even continue on it.

I don't want to hand it over (even to anyone as good as Rez) because I have a very specific vision for it. It's just not practical as a jump map. I was spending around 4 hours making a single strafe jump. Nevertheless I might still go back to it, but not this semester. I'm far too busy with school.
ImageImageImage

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » October 21st, 2012, 9:38 pm

F |Madness| U wrote:ISoviet if you don't think you'll ever get around to finishing it, what about passing it onto another very experienced mapper (ie. Rezil) to finish. Obviously you wouldn't want it to be given to a randomer who makes mediocre maps, but somebody with a consistent high quality could possibly finish the map.
I'm flattered but my situation is similar to Soviet's as I have to balance work, school and my private programing projects. I'm left with little time to do any mapping or scripting. The only actual time I can get any mapping done is during the weekends, mostly in the morning as the afternoons + evenings are already booked for the aforementioned projects.

Plus I'm exclusive to CoD2, so there's that as well. :)
Honestly, while it looks pretty good, the actually quality of jumps just isn't there. I put far too many invisible walls and focused way too much on the wrong things when I was working on it. I would have to do a complete overhaul of the design before I could even continue on it.
There's only so much you can do when it comes to jumps. The way to 'break the monotony', so to speak, is to engage the player further by making him interact with your map more. I've always thought of jump maps as platformer levels, platformers only have a few actual 'jumps', the rest is interacting with the enemies, pushing levers, collecting items, evading hazards etc.

This is by no means an objective analysis, it's just what I usually take into consideration when making a jump map.
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » October 22nd, 2012, 5:41 am

Yeah, I took that approach on my last two rooms I made before college started. Unfortunately the 3ish rooms before that still have to be updated.
ImageImageImage