New Project - CoD4 Jump Map Walkthroughs!

News will be posted here by the CoDJumper team

Moderator: Core Staff

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Project - CoD4 Jump Map Walkthroughs!

Post by Pedsdude » April 29th, 2011, 8:31 pm

Soviet wrote:Soooo, you want to make a walkthrough but are only willing to do half the work?
Isn't that what was done for most of the Hoogie walkthroughs anyway? ...

I would be willing to do all of the work, but I'm not that good enough jumper to do many of the jumps in the map without failing and having to try again. If someone who is better than me is able to do it then it saves a lot of hard drive space (which frankly I need!) because the cl_avidemo will take up less time.

Also, I would say that the half I'm willing to do is definitely the half which requires the most time and effort.

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » April 29th, 2011, 10:55 pm

Pedsdude wrote:
Soviet wrote:Soooo, you want to make a walkthrough but are only willing to do half the work?
Care to explain?
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

H0mie
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe
Gamertag: H0mie@MP3

Post by H0mie » April 30th, 2011, 12:25 pm

Pedsdude wrote:...because the cl_avidemo will take up less time.
i would recommend u to use fraps instead of cl_avidemo. it saves even more time in the postproduction and the quality is the same.
There is no hard or easy, its all about skill!

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » April 30th, 2011, 12:26 pm

Hoogie wrote:
Pedsdude wrote:
Care to explain?
I was under the impression that you made the videos and Zaitsev got demos for the footage.

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » April 30th, 2011, 12:44 pm

Pedsdude wrote:I was under the impression that you made the videos and Zaitsev got demos for the footage.
Oh right. Yes i basically did the harder jumps and made the videos and Zait the rest of the jumps ;)
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » May 2nd, 2011, 11:25 pm

Did it all myself in the end ;)

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » May 2nd, 2011, 11:44 pm

Great movie, enjoyed watching that. Downside is the music with the same boring tone for most of the 7 minutes though >_> Pick something more varying next time (If there's a next time).
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » May 3rd, 2011, 3:10 pm

Hmm, how did you render this?

Well done anyways.

waywaaaard
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by waywaaaard » May 3rd, 2011, 6:08 pm

Why is there 1 min useless text at the end? Despite that I liked some of your scripting ideas in the map.
THAT HANDS WERE NOT TRACED!
visit my blog: Link
Soviet wrote:Yeah, watch out, Peds will hit you with his +5 D-Battleaxe of homosexuality :roll:

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » May 3rd, 2011, 7:49 pm

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:Great movie, enjoyed watching that. Downside is the music with the same boring tone for most of the 7 minutes though >_> Pick something more varying next time (If there's a next time).
Each to their own - you get your boring death metal stuff I get my drum and bass! :P I'll admit that particular tune is very repetitive, but I listened to it a lot during the creation of the map so I felt it was a fitting tune to use.
Hoogie wrote:Hmm, how did you render this?
.wmv, HD 8mbps, 1440x1080
waywaaaard wrote:Why is there 1 min useless text at the end? Despite that I liked some of your scripting ideas in the map.
That was my mistake - I cut the end off the song and muted it but didn't realise it would still render that period in the final render. Cba to re-render, so added "end of video" in annotation on video.

As for scripting ideas, Sam can take credit for most of them.

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » May 3rd, 2011, 8:12 pm

I quite liked the song used, an extra song to add to my itunes! :)

Yeah as said by others the quality was lacking a little (still as good/better than some of the other walkthroughs).

The actual jumps were done well, and it looked like you did it all in one go (I'm guessing you didn't?) :D
-

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » May 3rd, 2011, 9:45 pm

xSnipeZx wrote:The actual jumps were done well, and it looked like you did it all in one go (I'm guessing you didn't?) :D
Hah, definitely not! Especially towards the end!

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » May 3rd, 2011, 10:39 pm

I didn't hate on the music itself, it's just repetetive that's all. Make your video, pick your music.

And the stuff I listen to isn't the same thing over again (With the exception of maybe a few songs). 'Metal' that's really boring and always the same stuff are genres like Deathcore and most cases Metalcore which is music for posers anyway.

Same boring guitar riff for 2 minutes. And this isn't metal but deathcore. People only listen to it because it sounds 'brutal'. There's a difference between just slamming your instruments (This) and listening to melodic/black metal (Amongst a few). This is repetitive and I thought of this crap when I heared your song :D I don't mind listening to other stuff but a bit of variation would be nice tbh.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » May 4th, 2011, 1:42 am

Pedsdude wrote:
xSnipeZx wrote:The actual jumps were done well, and it looked like you did it all in one go (I'm guessing you didn't?) :D
The fact that it also saves your view on the new mod really helps cover you're fails up :)

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » May 4th, 2011, 6:17 pm

Hoogie wrote:
Pedsdude wrote:
The fact that it also saves your view on the new mod really helps cover you're fails up :)
Yeah, before each difficult jump I stopped still and saved just to be sure :D