Advanced Strafe Jump Tutorial

News will be posted here by the CoDJumper team

Moderator: Core Staff

WorldDomoNation
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Re: Advanced Strafe Jump Tutorial

Post by WorldDomoNation » February 9th, 2010, 4:40 pm

omg... are you serious? i'm about to rage. and not just any normal rage, it'll be epic rage.

you gave the script to some noob that wants to use it so he doesn't have to learn for himself, yet you neglected to provide me with ANY material. i actually want to use it to prove something and not to cheat, because ONCE AGAIN i don't care about CoD anymore.

will somebody PLEASE post a script here or send me a dl link. if your too lazy to host it somewhere, just post the fucking contents of the script and i'll copy it to a text file myself! jesus christ, is it that fucking hard?!
that's a nice pic and all, but out of all the pictures you could have taken why'd you take a picture of a plant? :P
-Soviet
Because plants have some really small details. If a plant comes out nice in a photo, you have yourself a good camera ;)
-Drofder 2004
Yes, but if boobs come out really well in a photo you have a picture of boobs :wink:
-Soviet
Discussing Marshall's new camera lol^

Quit Humping And Start Jumping!

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » February 9th, 2010, 5:16 pm

It's more like: are all of you guys serious ?

Using a script, no matter what you're gonna use it for, is CHEATING.

Matty is giving the best example. Just to be sure he makes it 100% of the time. And for what ? To gain an advantage over the enemy. Grow some balls and do the jump yourself, without the help of some stupid script.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » February 9th, 2010, 7:02 pm

WorldDomoNation wrote:will somebody PLEASE post a script here or send me a dl link. if your too lazy to host it somewhere, just post the fucking contents of the script and i'll copy it to a text file myself! jesus christ, is it that fucking hard?!
Ask DanTheMan - I have it but I accepted it on the basis that I wouldn't send it to anyone else (and I have managed to keep that promise thus far :)).

Xfire: 7dantheman7

matt101harris
PC Team
PC Team

Post by matt101harris » February 9th, 2010, 7:11 pm

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:It's more like: are all of you guys serious ?

Matty is giving the best example. Just to be sure he makes it 100% of the time. And for what ? To gain an advantage over the enemy. Grow some balls and do the jump yourself, without the help of some stupid script.
It saves time... ALl you need in the game is time. ! second could determin a win or loose.
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: put your cock away, you sick man
Matty@CoDJumper.com: hahaha
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: (while i whip mine out)
Matty@CoDJumper.com: lol
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: just kidding
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: ... i don't have one :(

WorldDomoNation
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by WorldDomoNation » February 9th, 2010, 7:54 pm

Zait, I'm honestly beginning to doubt your mental abilities... I need the script for testing, as I've said COUNTLESS times. I'm using it to test strafe jump distance with and without switching your gun. Seriously how on earth do you mistake that for cheating? Are you retarded? It would be plain stupid to test it without a script, as any results would be invalid. That's like saying using a sterile environment for a biological test is cheating. Your stupidity makes me want to punch you in the face...

And if you think I would use it online, than you are still retarded. I haven't played CoD4 online (or in general) in at LEAST a year, and I don't plan on playing it in the future, except to conduct this test.

BTW thanks Peds. I don't use xfire so I guess I'll have to download it and create an account for something as simple as this... Is it that hard for someone to DM me the contents of the script?!

/epic facepalm
that's a nice pic and all, but out of all the pictures you could have taken why'd you take a picture of a plant? :P
-Soviet
Because plants have some really small details. If a plant comes out nice in a photo, you have yourself a good camera ;)
-Drofder 2004
Yes, but if boobs come out really well in a photo you have a picture of boobs :wink:
-Soviet

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » February 9th, 2010, 8:02 pm

So why do you need to test it while you kept going OMG OMG this method of strafing gets you further !?

And even if it does, what do you care about it... 'Just to test' ?

Have fun with your scripts since it downgrades jumping to a level when every moron can do it (Ofcourse, getting the script yourself probably is the hard thing). It just ruins the skill-level. That's not what jumping is about.
matt101harris wrote:
[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:It's more like: are all of you guys serious ?

It saves time... ALl you need in the game is time. ! second could determin a win or loose.
Then win the game by doing the jump yourself, not by having your computer do it for you. If you fail the jump then it's your own fault for taking the risk.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » February 9th, 2010, 9:23 pm

Fair enough that he needs it to test things out. But I'm not wrong about using a script to do that one jump you can't or sometimes can't do yourself.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » February 9th, 2010, 9:25 pm

If you are comparing a scripted new jump method, to a scripted old jump method, then that is fair.
If you are testing a scripted new jump method against a standard old jumping method, then you are changing too many variables.

Script vs script
Human vs human.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » February 9th, 2010, 10:00 pm

I'm about to piss various people off :D :

seta strafe1 "cl_yawspeed 100;+sprint;+forward;wait 15;+moveleft;+left;wait 30;cl_yawspeed 300;wait 35;+gostand;-gostand;vstr strafe2"
seta strafe2 "wait 20;cl_yawspeed 50;-left;wait 150;-forward;-sprint;-moveleft;cl_yawspeed 140"
bind x "vstr strafe1"

That's the script, and the screenshots are where you stand. Remember to use 125 fps and be up against the wall.

In the 2nd screenshot, I am leaning (so you need to be on the very edge), and you need to do the 2nd screenshot first, then stare at the exact place that the first screenshot is before you press x to activate the script.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: infinate
[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: u r smarter than me

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » February 9th, 2010, 10:20 pm

KillerSam wrote:I am fairly sure he just wants a bog standard strafe jump script.
To clarify, this script can only be done with spec ops and sniper classes. Assault, Demolition(?), and LMG classes will not work because they slow you down too much. Assault nearly makes it, so you can try it with that and if there is any speed increase from switching weapons, you should make it.
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

WorldDomoNation
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by WorldDomoNation » February 9th, 2010, 10:27 pm

are there any mods that show your jump distance? in css there is a mod that shows a bunch of stats from a jump, like distance, speed, amount of air-strafes, and more.
-Soviet
-Drofder 2004
-Soviet

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » February 9th, 2010, 10:30 pm

WorldDomoNation wrote:are there any mods that show your jump distance? in css there is a mod that shows a bunch of stats from a jump, like distance, speed, amount of air-strafes, and more.
I could make one, but I believe dan has made something similar :S. Ask him about it.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » February 9th, 2010, 10:37 pm

Easy to make but data is not always accurate.
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » February 9th, 2010, 11:28 pm

Preliminary testing suggests that switching guns actually DOES help, but it is only a small test and the distance mod is not that accurate. Without gun switching, the highest range was 318 units, and with gun switching the highest range was 321.
[17:23] Infinite: xD
[17:23] _DanTheMan_: 312-318
[17:23] Infinite: yea
[17:23] _DanTheMan_: with it
[17:23] _DanTheMan_: 321
[17:23] _DanTheMan_: D;
[17:23] Infinite: wait
[17:23] Infinite: what's the RANGE with switching?
[17:23] Infinite: always 321?
[17:24] Infinite: about to make a futuristic HUD in AE btw :D
[17:24] Infinite: Andrew Kramer ftw
[17:24] _DanTheMan_: lol
[17:24] _DanTheMan_: nice
[17:24] Infinite: :D
[17:24] _DanTheMan_: and no not always 321
[17:24] _DanTheMan_: sometimes though
[17:24] Infinite: range?
[17:24] _DanTheMan_: 310-318
[17:24] Infinite: 321 is still higher than without
[17:25] Infinite: I shall make a post with this evidence on cj
[17:25] _DanTheMan_: please note that there might be slight miscalculations by lag
[17:25] _DanTheMan_: !
[17:25] _DanTheMan_: :p
[17:25] Infinite: kk

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » February 10th, 2010, 12:11 am

Were these results tested by calculating player origins and distance jumped, or by old fashioned scrupulous testing on a gap range?

A mod that is determined by origins, and is affected by fps, latency and timing is a very poor experiment.
The player origins can be slightly off, even when the player is only slightly turned to its side, fps can cause a slight increase in jump details and also server server fps can affect timings. Also, the mod would need to take into consideration a small amount of player slide, as well as the fact it is only timed to the nearest 0.05 seconds.

And finally, the big problem with scripts: who is too say script A is not more accurate than script B?
If the standard jump script is timed slightly wrong, and the newer script is timed to perfection, we have a potential false evidence.

Sorry, but this HAS to be tested by human hands, no script will ever be accurate enough.