Battlefield Bad Company 2

Discussion for other PC and console games

Moderator: Core Staff

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2

Post by Soviet » October 21st, 2009, 11:57 pm

I'm keeping my eye on it, but nothing more until lots of reviews. It's a console port and made by ea, two immediate strikes in my book. But I agree, it looks intriguing.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Shifty
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Shifty » October 22nd, 2009, 1:18 am

I can't see me ever playing any online shooter that is'nt Call of Duty, and at the moment that is quite worrying. Ever other shooter has up to this point sucked and I can't see that changeing. The problem is even if they are good they just are'nt Call of Duty. :cry:

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » October 22nd, 2009, 2:07 am

There are several shooters out there that surpass Call of Duty 4, and even a few that I'd dare to say pass Call of Duty 1 in quality. Team Fortress 2 is brilliantly balanced and has a lot of replayability, there is nothing like the comradery that you can get from a game of Left 4 Dead, and Battlefield has always stood out in its own way. Yes, these all vary greatly from the CoD formula, but that doesn't mean they aren't fun, addictive, or enjoyable.
ImageImageImage

Shifty
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Shifty » October 22nd, 2009, 9:13 am

I have TeamFortress 2 on Orange Box, played it once, never again. L4D is indeed awsome but I wouldnt want to play it multiplayer with some other retards that I am relying on to survive, single player is enough for me. And don't get me started on how poor and sucky everything Battlefield is. There is only one game that can beat CoD for online play and that is WoW no shooter is on the same planet.

Coontang
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Coontang » October 22nd, 2009, 10:10 am

Shifty wrote:I have TeamFortress 2 on Orange Box, played it once, never again. L4D is indeed awsome but I wouldnt want to play it multiplayer with some other retards that I am relying on to survive, single player is enough for me. And don't get me started on how poor and sucky everything Battlefield is. There is only one game that can beat CoD for online play and that is WoW no shooter is on the same planet.
You must be playing L4D wrong in my book :D

get 3 good friends who have L4D and play together and communicate well. Awesome if you play it right.
JDogg: 'I have a video of me pissing, wanna see?'

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » October 22nd, 2009, 12:15 pm

I disagree with Soviet on L4D. Sure it's a fun game, but the game is totally shit if you play with randoms and that they suck.

Also, Unreal Tournament is also one of the best shooters out there. Go play Instagib, it can't be more balanced then that. TF2 has many different classes, each class has weakpoints to a class, and strongpoints to another, but having multiple classes compared to only one gun in UT makes UT Instagib the most balanced game(mode) in my book. It all comes down to skill.

I started playing online FPS with UT99 Instagib only, moved to Medal of Honor and finally Call of Duty. With MW2 it seems that we, as a clan, should be finding a different game to play which isn't always as easy.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Shifty
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Shifty » October 22nd, 2009, 1:56 pm

Yeah I do know it's a good series and a friend once brought a copy of Battlefield 2 over installed it and I tried it out online. The problem was even though I could see why it is popular, when I played it myself it didnt feel like CoD and it didnt look like CoD. These are two things that I just can't get over. To me it's exactly the same kind of thing as Fifa vs Pro Evo. One is awsome and the other is for noobs. (no offence, I admit I am very set in my ways with rival games I tend to love one and despise all rivals)

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » October 22nd, 2009, 2:48 pm

It's not hard to get a good experience out of L4D. Even if you don't have friends, just take the time to play pubs for a while, you'll meet at least one good person every game. Add them to your friends list and before you know it you'll have plenty of people to play with. I have about 60 friends that are very heavily into L4D. Any time I want to play a game it's guaranteed that at least 5-6 of my friends are playing. Just because the gameplay requires more teamwork does not make it bad, in fact, that's what makes it better in my opinion.

As for UT being more balanced, this is true, I agree. The reason I said TF2 is brilliantly balanced is because they still managed to create balance in a much more difficult situation which is very impressive.
ImageImageImage

Daggerblade
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Daggerblade » November 10th, 2009, 5:24 pm

The battlefield series was amazing for pc...i played 1942, vietnam, 2, 2142...they were all awesome, and then they Flipped off pc gamers and made bad company for only consoles....kinda brings thoughts of MW 2 and no dedicated servers heheh Battlefield 2 was the best out of all of them....because in 2142 they took away one of the most fun things about battlefield 2, which was Airplanes/ jets....with really really good controls even for keyboard/ mouse. Yeah soo the game wasn't entirely realistic...but thats not what matters to me...its about the gameplay!! Battlefield 2 had huge maps, making it possible for snipers to actually somewhat hide and have a chance at getting long long distance kills. Although i will say this...the bullet physics probably weren't as sophisticated. Sooo idk wiilll bad company 2 be a good game? or have they turned their backs on pc gamers again?

Daggerblade
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Daggerblade » November 10th, 2009, 6:06 pm

hrmm well then, i think battlefield Bad company 2 will become my MW 2....if you get my drift :) because i always remember a very very nice modding community for the battlefield series...although i have never dabbled into it myself...i would assume the tools provided were well written. Battlefield 2 had sooo many good mods.....a lot of full conversions too!!...so it made 1 game turn into about 10 - 15 games...all very fun to play...even though a lot of the mods were just...new skins/ sounds, they were freakin awesome to play. Another thing i always liked about the battlefield series...was all the unlocks and upgrades you could get...and they make it sound like there's going to be no shortage of that in BC 2 :) Heres a quote straight from their website:

"Variety also extends into the range of customizable kits weapons and vehicles available. With 4 distinct character classes, and weapons, gadgets and specializations players have over 15000 kit variations to discover and master players will be able to fine-tune their preferred fighting style to give them the edge in combat."(quote taken from http://battlefieldbadcompany2.com/#/game-info)

and another quote:

"Excellence in the battlefield is rewarded with an extensive range of pins, insignias and stars to unlock along with 50 dedicated ranks to achieve." (quote taken from http://battlefieldbadcompany2.com/#/game-info)

They also claim to have huge online maps :) and by the looks of it...some great physics....This sounds like the game for me ;).

Btw that trailer video is freakkikkkin sweet....and at the end they zoom out and show players tags...so it probably was game play!with just cinematic camera angles and such. But also there's another game play video that's more first person It looks epic... Check it out: http://battlefieldbadcompany2.com/#/videos/id/1

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » November 10th, 2009, 7:16 pm

If I were to make one suggestion, use your own eyes for this game, EA are going to be jumping all over the anti-IW stuff and already have been.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » November 13th, 2009, 9:34 pm

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/arica ... -bad/58727

8)

EDIT: whoops, already posted. Anyways, I believe I just found my replacement for the CoD series.
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: infinate
[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: u r smarter than me

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » November 13th, 2009, 11:32 pm

Let's not make any rash judgments (except that it will be better than MW2).
ImageImageImage

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » November 25th, 2009, 8:04 pm

Oh snap, that's hot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9tZZSyI1YM&feature=fvhl

I'm really loving the sound in this game.
ImageImageImage

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » November 25th, 2009, 8:15 pm

Soviet wrote:Oh snap, that's hot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9tZZSyI1YM&feature=fvhl

I'm really loving the sound in this game.
Definitely pre-ordering this game
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: infinate
[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: u r smarter than me