someone help me please

Have a question you need to ask? Need help? Ask here!

Moderator: Core Staff

lilmatsi95
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

someone help me please

Post by lilmatsi95 » July 21st, 2009, 7:00 pm

well ever since i got vista it works perfectly except for one thing i get lagg spikes a lot i have a wired connection i use comcast modem and a linksys router any1 have a solution to this?i didnt have this prob with xp..this is the only thing thats really annoying me about vista so dont go saying vista sucks and stuff like that...

EDIT: I have just noticed its not only cod4 it happens when i watch youtube vids too so i guess it has sumin to do with network?its not my internet speed cause i had no lagg spikes on windows xp

EDIT AGAIN: okay this might help u guys out a little about finding out whats wrong okay i dont think its network because i just decided to go play a little half life 2 and it was happening there too so it has nothing to do with newtwork maybe hardware?idk but its really starting to annoy me

ANOTHER EDIT: Ok this is definately a hardware problem i was running music in the background and it didnt get effected at all wen i lagged...im gunna admit i was playing something runescape related(private server) i just started playing again...lol so i had music on background then all of a sudden my screen freezes..not my hole screen just the runescape screen but it seems to happen the same time between each lag...the only things i did was overclock my graphics card 10%...and put my fan at 50% so that it doesnt over heat...but i dont see how that can cause any damage so can some1 help me please
Last edited by lilmatsi95 on July 26th, 2009, 3:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

waywaaaard
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: someone help me please

Post by waywaaaard » July 22nd, 2009, 5:18 pm

It's caused by windows vista. Vista has a Wlan-Optimizing System and this can lead to those ping peaks. Maybe try

Code: Select all

netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=disabled
before playing or download Vista-Anti-Lag link. You have to run the program and it has to run all time while you are playing.
THAT HANDS WERE NOT TRACED!
visit my blog: Link
Soviet wrote:Yeah, watch out, Peds will hit you with his +5 D-Battleaxe of homosexuality :roll:

lilmatsi95
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by lilmatsi95 » July 22nd, 2009, 5:30 pm

tried vista anti lagg but right wen i run it it goes away

waywaaaard
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by waywaaaard » July 22nd, 2009, 5:32 pm

so Problem solved?
Soviet wrote:Yeah, watch out, Peds will hit you with his +5 D-Battleaxe of homosexuality :roll:

lilmatsi95
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by lilmatsi95 » July 22nd, 2009, 5:48 pm

no i mean like theres an error wen i try running vista anti lagg and it just closes itself

lilmatsi95
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by lilmatsi95 » July 22nd, 2009, 6:03 pm

this is getting me very angry im checking my ping with websites such as youtube that i have experinced lagg spikes on but it is runnning perfectly idk what it is my windows xp had no lagg spikes but for some reason wen i get vista it has issues it doesnt have anything to do with wlan because i have a wired connection not wireless.....so...

waywaaaard
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by waywaaaard » July 22nd, 2009, 8:30 pm

ah you have to run it as administrator -> right click -> run as admininstrator

lilmatsi95
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by lilmatsi95 » July 22nd, 2009, 9:16 pm

well i tryied that too...im not that dumb btw read my edit i dont think it has to do with network now

waywaaaard
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by waywaaaard » July 22nd, 2009, 11:03 pm

no it's not the network it's windows Vista itself - maybe google a bit for "vista ping peaks" and you will find a lot threads about that

lilmatsi95
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by lilmatsi95 » July 24th, 2009, 3:29 pm

ok i really need help with this some1 has to help me im not really sure if i didnt have these lag spikes on xp cause i got my new graphics card and i kinda got vista a little after that so i cant really like remember if there was any lag spikes but i really need help with this it laggs everything in my computer out of no where even wen im not doing anything online

waywaaaard
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by waywaaaard » July 24th, 2009, 6:20 pm

lilmatsi95
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by lilmatsi95 » July 25th, 2009, 12:14 am

this doesnt work for me gives me an error

waywaaaard
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by waywaaaard » July 25th, 2009, 10:05 am

please give me more information and not just doesn't work for me. Ok did you try to start Vista Anti Lag without admin - just double click on it? Maybe turn off the UAC or on a lower level and try again

lilmatsi95
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by lilmatsi95 » July 25th, 2009, 7:58 pm

its not wlan i went into services and disabled wlan and internet works it has nothing to do with network i uninstalled all my drivers for my graphics card and it didnt get lagg spikes anymore so it has sumin to do with graphics card...maybe it has sumin to do with ati control center giving me a error wenever i try opening it?i am trying to fix ati control panel it seems that wen i updated to vista i have to update almost all software to work with vista so.. yea..

ultralala
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!
Steam: ultralala

Post by ultralala » July 26th, 2009, 8:38 am

i prefer xp... 8)
I've been watching you
A lalalala long
A lalalala long long lee long long long