[COD2] Unreal Wasteland DEMO - release

Have a jump map that we don't have on our site? Let us know!

Moderator: Core Staff

Jeffro
CJ Donator
CJ Donator

Post by Jeffro » November 20th, 2007, 8:33 am

Get out there and work out the new final version :P

I also would like to be a tester too! :)

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » November 20th, 2007, 1:31 pm

floater wrote:lol why don't you tell me a map which s designed to be played withou save mod
Bitch? :P
What I meant was there are areas you get stuck if you fall. No way of manually going to the start. You are not killed, and you cannot move. Most maps have a crate to get back to a previous jump to start again.
floater wrote:There arent places where you can get stuck...
There are many. Tell your testers to stop worrying about if the map is possible to complete and start looking into if the map contains problems. they are easy to find.
floater wrote:The demo is easy version - all jumps are easy, less than 220. Where did you see hard jumps? :shock:
It is not the length but more the style of jump. For example, jumping from a cylinder is hard due to the way a cylinder is shaped (octagon). When people make cylinders in their map, they always have the point facing upwards. Turn the cylinder a little and have a flat surface on the top, or better yet, clip it as a square >.>
floater wrote:Kill triggers are VERY few and there's only 1 maze with invible walls (some ppl as me and Atze for e.g. like mazes)
I can recall at least 3 places where I died for no apparent reason, namely the part where you must jump the walls which each have an invisible trigger on them.
As for the maze, mazes are very annoying when you CAN see the walls. Make the maze invisble and you are just asking to piss people off, then you decide to make the maze underwater and you drown...

So, I have about 30-60 seconds, to somehow navigate an invisible maze or I die?
I challenge ANYONE to complete that first time (who has not seen the .map)
floater wrote:The gaps are CROUCH gaps (Atze loved them) , not just ordinary ones, but I see you havent even tried them
Why would I want to test gaps? Once you have done one set of gaps you have done them all.
If your gaps are different, make sure people no why when they load the maps...
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

floater
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by floater » November 20th, 2007, 6:51 pm

Why don't you just test the map with me and show me the things you don't like because I don't understand some 'errors' you've found

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » November 20th, 2007, 11:49 pm

floater wrote:Why don't you just test the map with me and show me the things you don't like because I don't understand some 'errors' you've found
The only errors are where you get stuck, the rest are personal preference.

This was a one off, I do not jump CoD2 anymore (I barely jump at all to be honest).
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Kryptonic
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Kryptonic » December 23rd, 2007, 9:41 pm

Very nice map Floater, I really love it :D

I just would be very happy if you complete it! (so please do that! :P)

Maybe you could add something like a Blueprint for the Maze that can be read before you get in the Maze, otherwise it's hard to find the way by yourself, especially with the new underwater-max-time.