mp_jump -> hard version

Have a jump map that we don't have on our site? Let us know!

Moderator: Core Staff

De$t!ny
Past/Inactive Team Member

mp_jump -> hard version

Post by De$t!ny » April 15th, 2007, 12:55 pm

i was on the cj server this morning and i heard people saying they would like a hard version of the still popular mp_jump map. so i decided to talk to Grom about it who did the cod2 remake of the map, and he is interested in modifying the map to make it more challenging.

so this is where you all come in. obviously so many of you enjoy the map so what would u like to see improved or changed in the map if it were to be remade to be harder? feel free to post any ideas no matter how silly it may sound (ok not too silly :wink: )!!!

Coontang
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Coontang » April 15th, 2007, 3:59 pm

oh i was going to ask permission for me to try to make the map again lol :oops:
JDogg: 'I have a video of me pissing, wanna see?'

!Zaitsev!

Post by !Zaitsev! » April 15th, 2007, 7:36 pm

the Jump in House 3 is much to easy :P

Coontang
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Coontang » April 15th, 2007, 9:21 pm

which jump?? Im confused :?

Grom

Post by Grom » April 15th, 2007, 10:32 pm

In the third house, the house with only one jump :wink:

As said, just post suggestions here, anything :D

smarnca
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by smarnca » April 16th, 2007, 12:20 am

i like jm_jump very much....it's a classic.....i think the jumps in hard version should be longer and higher obviusly:) The onli thing i don't like on map is the 3 high jumps on the peace of wood placed at angle, if u know what i mean....jumps are 1 in first house and 2 in last....don't know whi, but i just hate them:)
It would be good allso to put some crunch jumps in it and others as well that you jump around some obsticle, like jm_garden shotcut 3 house....

Coontang
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Coontang » April 16th, 2007, 10:06 am

yeah i never liked them...you never had a technique....it was basically trial and error for me. But then theres one thing, if this is a remake, what else would you want instead of those slidey things for it to still be like mp_jump? in my opinion, a lot of space in mp_jump house near those slidey things is wasted.... There could be like 2 ways up, one with a slidey, and the other with about 3 235 strafes or something...

EDIT:

The actual thing is that some cod 2 maps although they might be legendary, are a little simple, and dont let you actual gain much skill. Obviously you get a little bit better because you are actually jumping but youre doing things youre capable of...if you understand me? If there was a remake with the same / similar textures, platform shapes ETC, you would stil get the great map but it will test your abilities. I bet if all maps were remade, we would all end up jumping 255 with 125fps lol (or maybe not....)

Coontang
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Coontang » April 16th, 2007, 1:38 pm

Do you think it is important to leave things the same in remakes or not? I cant complain if the slidey things are taken from the map.

waywaaaard
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by waywaaaard » April 16th, 2007, 2:37 pm

Actually i'vent got any problems with those ramps, just make the jumps harder and maybe more spawnpoints
THAT HANDS WERE NOT TRACED!
visit my blog: Link
Soviet wrote:Yeah, watch out, Peds will hit you with his +5 D-Battleaxe of homosexuality :roll:

Neo Snipe
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Neo Snipe » April 16th, 2007, 3:02 pm

Yea the slidey things do piss me off to coz I don’t really know the technique for them or if there is one they just get in the way and I would be happier to see them gone.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » April 16th, 2007, 8:01 pm

They are there for a reason, I like those :) There aren't a lot so live with it imo.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Coontang
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Coontang » April 16th, 2007, 8:16 pm

why not make a poll about it?

aicaramba

Post by aicaramba » April 16th, 2007, 8:35 pm

The ramps are a thing from the original map.. keep them. there is a technique to do them (atleast it works for me). Its using the 'old' way of strafejump up them.. and time your jump right.

As for harder maps, ive been having some thoughts about making a map, I started it in cod1 radiant (since current pc cant handle cod2radiant). But will port it when we got the new pc running properly.
I will make a hard version, and the idea of this is to find several different ways of jumping or different jumps.. And make them as hard as I can possible do (unlike jm_caramba_hard where i still had quite some reserves). And will make a normal version for the mainstream jumper, just dont expect this to be easy.
P.S.V. Kampioen!

GoldenEye
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by GoldenEye » April 16th, 2007, 9:46 pm

I never use strafejump on those ramp things. I just run straight towards to it and jump, and it usually takes 1-3 attempts to get it. 125fps.

Coontang
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Coontang » April 17th, 2007, 9:08 pm

tried that before, i havent got the timing for it. I just strafe onto one of those little chunks. on a good day i can get them forst/second time, on a bad day around 20 :oops: