A Singleplayer jumpmap

Have questions about CoD2 mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Shall you like/play it?

Yes
69%
No
31%

Total votes: 13

All-Killer
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

A Singleplayer jumpmap

Post by All-Killer » January 3rd, 2007, 8:33 pm

Hi im planned to make a singleplayer jump map. But first of all i want to know if people like it to play it, and if they think its a good idea. The second thing is can i use someone's map because i dont have time/idea's to start over a whole map.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » January 3rd, 2007, 9:14 pm

Isn't that the same as a MP map which you play when you create your own server ?
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Nightmare
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Nightmare » January 3rd, 2007, 9:26 pm

I have already thought of making something like that and it is not a great of an idea. I mean, jump maps are also there to show to your friends your stuff and skills, if you are going to play it on sp all by yourself, whats the use?
Coding is Poetry. Mapping is Art.
"Cause im the sexiest mapper ever...except for nm, that sexy man" - Soviet

-=[CoDJumper.com Movies]=-
[Ambush] || [Backlot] || [Bloc] || [Bog] || [Broadcast] || [Chinatown] || [Countdown]
[Crash] || [Creek] || [Crossfire] || [District] || [Downpour] || [Killhouse] || [Overgrown]
[Pipeline] || [Shipment & Wetwork] || [Showdown] || [Strike] || [Vacant]

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » January 3rd, 2007, 9:32 pm

besides showing off the point of a jump map is to have fun. If you can incorporate various things into that could not be in a mp jump map then i would certainly play it
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Luke
Past/Inactive Team Member
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by Luke » January 3rd, 2007, 10:17 pm

^ i think the same...if you think you can make something more interesting and a bit different by making an sp map, then go for it.
Watch this before posting a question: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » January 3rd, 2007, 11:05 pm

I would love to see a single player jump map, but what kinda jump map will it be,lol Jumping houses. buildings ect would be great, not more of these kinda jump maps like MP_Jump, MP Trevy, MP_ toilet. ect, make it a decent building jump map.

If you do this i will play it,

Just some idears to add.

climbable & Jumperble Trees, Telephone polls, High Buildings like 5 stories high.lol
Many blown out houses, some intact houses.. House that are differnt to ones already used on maps.

Well thats my 2 pennies worth..

Let know what this map will be like soon.

Question.. Can SaveMod & Nade MOD & No hert mod work on SP Maps.?

SteveUK. 8)

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » January 4th, 2007, 3:20 am

If you make it, I will play it ;)
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

All-Killer
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by All-Killer » January 4th, 2007, 11:40 am

Hmm oke i start thinking for some idea's then, any good sugestions?

Nightmare
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Nightmare » January 4th, 2007, 9:34 pm

a plus with sp is having objectives put in easily, also you can add enemies and allies, which could help you or fight against you while you jump. Those are my ideas.
Coding is Poetry. Mapping is Art.
"Cause im the sexiest mapper ever...except for nm, that sexy man" - Soviet

-=[CoDJumper.com Movies]=-
[Ambush] || [Backlot] || [Bloc] || [Bog] || [Broadcast] || [Chinatown] || [Countdown]
[Crash] || [Creek] || [Crossfire] || [District] || [Downpour] || [Killhouse] || [Overgrown]
[Pipeline] || [Shipment & Wetwork] || [Showdown] || [Strike] || [Vacant]

Creep
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Creep » March 19th, 2007, 1:19 pm

I have already thought of making something like that and it is not a great of an idea. I mean, jump maps are also there to show to your friends your stuff and skills, if you are going to play it on sp all by yourself, whats the use?
I think the same:)

BUT I think an sp map with enemies are god too:) You need to escape somewhere. You start without weapons, then later you get nades, for nade jump, etc:) And it can be more than 1 map. On the first you escape, on the second, you run across the forest or something, and the soldiers following you, then a finishing map, whereyou go across an impossible jump for soldiers, then you escape forever :DxD As a movie! :)
I'm thinking about this, but I haven't enough time, to make it :S So I didn't start it:) But I can help you in mapping:)) 8) :wink: