New Custom map help

Have questions about CoD2 mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

New Custom map help

Post by steveuk » November 21st, 2006, 2:54 pm

New Custom map help..

Hi guys i have a new map ive drawn up in pen & paper, but tryed to design with cod2 map util and man, im stumped with that, even at the beginning.

Is there anyone fancy a challenge ad make this map for me. it base on a small village surrounded by fileds all mined, a road leads in and out but is barred off. the village contains a church with a tunnel that splits into 2 parts. 1st part leads out to the grave yard, while the 2nd longer part of the tunnel leads off to the Hotel.

The map contains climbable trees and telephone polls, along with others that ya cant climb. many bushes, farm with barn, barn has machine gun post, farm house has windows which you can climb out onto roof. many houses, intacted and blownout, some with climbable walls,leading to roof tops,ect.

A couple of bunkers, 1 totaly destroyed 1 in tacted. chuch with the tunnel and able to get to bell tower by ladder, also hidden side jumps from out side of church that allows people to climb to church roof, as you wont be able to jump from bell town onto the roof.

Hotel with 4 floors partly destroyed at one of the sides. stairs to 3 levels, 4 level and roof only reachable by jumps. able to jump to roof if good enough.. idear with hotel is get to the roof and find a hatch witch leads to a hidden ammo room where it has many rifles, gun,s grenades, panter rockect launcher, ect/ with this jump it can be done without nadeing from damage wall but need to be good jumper to get to roof.

Raido room in hotel to.

if trying to leave viallage you get blownup by mine fields, via fields and barred of roads.

Many houses you can get into, some where you can climb out of window and strafe jump to roofs 1 (like one in burgendy), get to roof enter blocked window to enter hidded /invisable room good for snipering, ect.

A couple of pill boxes on roofs or and sandbags. A silo building with ladder to get to machine gun. scatters tanks, jeeps, lorries, some totaly destroyed thoughout vilaage.

i did say climbable telephone polls, some with walkable line cables, maybe a way to reach other buildings that are hard to reach roofs.?
Trees that some can climb like as in CHK Sniper village Map.. ideal for snipering.

This map i would live to see, it may sound big and could take time to do, but couuld be a challange to a good map maker.

I realy would love to see this map be made, even as a birthday pressent to me from another cod player...lol My Birthday is in 2 weeks..lol.....or as a Xmas gift...hehehehe..

Extra items can be added or items can be changed. i have rought maps drawn and could scan and csend via email if anyone is intrested in do this map. Map name not known yet, but desinger /builder could descuss name with me.. i think this map would be a fab map and many people will play it.. Map type. Teamdeath, Dethmatch S/D ect

So if anyone wants to take this project on please email me or contact me on Xfire.. Xfire name manickiller. my Email. steveukguy@hotmail.co.uk

Hope someone is willingto make this map, and make it look good with latest building graphics, ect

Oh 1 question how long does a map take to Build...??

steveukGuy

ADMIN ..sorry think i may posted in wrong section please move to right loctaion of forum..Thanks

Luke
Past/Inactive Team Member
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by Luke » November 21st, 2006, 4:18 pm

Moved to CoD 2 Mapping help. If you would like start mapping yourself, then I would suggest going to http://www.modsonline.com and checking out their tutorials section.
Can't really say, it's a bit like asking how long is a piece of string. The map you want sounds like a pretty big map with lots of details, and to make something like that from scratch could take many months and a lot of work.
If you have a good clear design then that will help a lot and speed things up, but unless you made this map with a lot of prefabs then it is gonna take a long time.
Watch this before posting a question: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » November 21st, 2006, 5:08 pm

Luke wrote:Moved to CoD 2 Mapping help. If you would like start mapping yourself, then I would suggest going to http://www.modsonline.com and checking out their tutorials section.
Can't really say, it's a bit like asking how long is a piece of string. The map you want sounds like a pretty big map with lots of details, and to make something like that from scratch could take many months and a lot of work.
If you have a good clear design then that will help a lot and speed things up, but unless you made this map with a lot of prefabs then it is gonna take a long time.
hI, THANKS FOR MOVING POST TO RIGHT PLACE FOR 1. sorry caps lock got stuck. lol

the map would take time i understand, and maybe shortend in some way, it's an idear i would like to see have done tho, i cant do mapping myself ive tryed and failed..lol

in the map itself i drawn up it had like 20+ houses, maybe half could be removed, the telephone climbing could be scraped, but would like some climbable trees. like to have the tunnel even if only from church to hotel, the 2nd tunnel could be scraped to graveyard to.

Would like the hidden room via roof trapdoor. dont needto be many bunkers or machine posts on houses, just 1 or two.
farm house and bard would like to keep to with machine gun in barn.

Silo could be scraped, but would like it if possible. map could be smaller by removing the above so less time it would take.

Still anyone intresed i try and draw a better map this weekend and post it on filefront so people can view my idear.

SteveukGuy

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » November 21st, 2006, 6:08 pm

If everytime we fail, we gave up, nothing in life would get done ;)
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » November 21st, 2006, 8:07 pm

wow drofder...thats deep :P
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude