Chat area specifically for CoDJumper

Moderator: Core Staff

Marshall
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

New Codjumper Mod

Post by Marshall » August 5th, 2006, 9:46 pm

hi,

just concerns with the new cod2 jump mod..

Is it just me or is this new & second load ban f*kkin annoying...

I practically smash my keyboard to bits when i cant load the position...

Its so bloody frustrating..

Ok so itsvery well scripted ect, but please take it off...

To be honest, theres no point in it being there...

If youre like jumping, and not taking turns, theres already part of the mod that doesnt allow to spawn with

other people in theway..

please take it away,

i can completely understand the meaning of it, but people very rarely block each other..

and it gets particularly sh*ttying annoying on gap training...

So is it just me or..?

p.s just thought id let u know wat i thought

Marshall

Lisa
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lisa » August 5th, 2006, 10:15 pm

I don't care for it either Marshall but I was told "You cant make everyone happy" so I think you are talking to a brick wall here.
~Materazzi~

Marshall
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Marshall » August 5th, 2006, 10:18 pm

^^ ok we'll just have to live with it ay? :?

Marshall :twisted:

Lisa
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lisa » August 6th, 2006, 12:21 am

ay
~Materazzi~

Dan2k3k4
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Dan2k3k4 » August 6th, 2006, 12:55 am

It would be kool if somehow there was a mod that made everyone 'ghosts' so that people could just walk through other people, therefore they won't be able to block them ever... (but it should still have the can't load as player is standing on that position thing) :D

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » August 6th, 2006, 1:59 am

Lisa wrote:I don't care for it either Marshall but I was told "You cant make everyone happy" so I think you are talking to a brick wall here.
Thats offensive on my account tbh...

I went onto the server and asked for suggestions, I cam up with this suggestion and people liked the idea and thought it was worth trying.

If I was told DIRECTLY that the mod was not working then I would've removed it asap...
Now, I'm afraid I cba to do it, so either take it up with Grom to disable it via cvars or wait until I cba to care anymore :/
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Lisa
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lisa » August 6th, 2006, 2:48 am

Drofder, sorry you find what I say offensive but I cba to hunt you down to tell you that I don't like the mod. (Not that what I said to you would matter anyway) Even if I did, I am 100% certain nothing would have been done about it anyway.

Obviously the people who were in the server when you asked about the mod liked the idea so why would you think noone would dislike it?

As far as I am concerend, I could care less what mod is on the server, if I dont agree with it, well then I cba to go on that server, simple as that and if other people feel the same way, then so be it.
~Materazzi~

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » August 6th, 2006, 10:43 am

Well, tracking me down is as simple as clicking the "Message" button on my profile, and I have had many requests from people and I usually act on them within a week of getting them...

Whoever informed you of me being a brick wall is highly mistaken, I take constructive criticism very well, your criticism however is neither constructive nor factual.
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."

Marshall
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Marshall » August 6th, 2006, 11:35 am

Drofder, i had an idea, concerning dan question abaout ghost mode,

ill have a go, but maybe i could have a play around with the actors collmaps, to create a noclip effect wen walking through actors..

Just a thought :wink:

Marshall

Lisa
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lisa » August 6th, 2006, 1:53 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:Well, tracking me down is as simple as clicking the "Message" button on my profile, and I have had many requests from people and I usually act on them within a week of getting them...

Whoever informed you of me being a brick wall is highly mistaken, I take constructive criticism very well, your criticism however is neither constructive nor factual.
I did not say you were a brick wall, I think very highly of you Drofder and I certainly was not speaking about you. I am sorry I worded that incorrectly.
~Materazzi~

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » August 6th, 2006, 3:24 pm

Sorry if thats not what you meant but atm I'm in probably one of the worst moods I have been in this year...

I'm tired and snappy... sorry.

Grom
Past/Inactive Team Member
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by Grom » August 6th, 2006, 6:38 pm

Tbh, I think it's a great feature..

As always, you CANT please everyone, there will always be people that complains.
But yes, I agree it can be a pain on gap_training, but drofder talked about individual cvars for each map, so you can turn off/on things on certain maps. But I guess that will be a bit time consuming to write, but Im sure someone will look into it!

As for the ghost idea, it's an awesome idea, would solve a lot of problems if it's possible to make.

Plus, everyone should give Drofder a pat on the back, for all his work he has done with this mod. If it werent for him, we would have been stuck with the SPM mod, and that's not very suitable for servers.. Awesome work Drofder 8)

Marshall
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Marshall » August 6th, 2006, 9:45 pm

hmm, i wouldnt irritate him,

:) hes a bit ill :wink:

Marshall

red_gee
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by red_gee » August 6th, 2006, 10:09 pm

Just wanted to add my 2 cents

I think Drofder did a great job making the mod
We had a brief convo about it a week or two ago, after which I came to understand why the mod is the way it is (the only part about it I had issue with, was you have to load the time that you cannot load to initiate the count down to loading again)
But we talked about it, You just have to load, or save in a different spot

I think what it boils down to is it is a _change_ that we aren't used to yet, and when we get used to it, there will be no problems, period

Good job Drofder, keep up the good work, and if you are/were sick, get well soon
Last edited by red_gee on August 7th, 2006, 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

creator
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by creator » August 6th, 2006, 11:47 pm

KillerSam wrote:I have to back drofder here, hit him with a reasonable request + he shall deliver either that, or a better alternative.
The ghost idea (people not solid) is a great idea in my opinion, if it could be done.
You can make models + brushes not solid, so why not people?
Certainly needs investigation :P
but i think u would just walk thru a wall?
:P
Cod 1 Mapper&Modder&Moddeler