Video Cap Software

The graphics forum (images and design) - self explanatory really!

Moderator: Core Staff

red_gee
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Video Cap Software

Post by red_gee » July 1st, 2006, 1:44 am

Here is what I would like to know
What is could "pvr" type software
I have a pci tv tuner card, and it came with a copy of Intervideo WinDVR, I don't like this program
I cannot time shift (When I try to watch something as it is recording I get a green screen)
Also the quality is very low, I have tweeked the settings to no end, the frame rate is horrible (I hook up my 360 and try to capture that, but it just sucks, if you slow the frames down it just isn't syncing up with the game)

Now I am very confident that it is the software and not the hardware, because I found I could capture through Windows Movie Maker, and it looks good, the frame rate is right one, but I cannot go fullscreen

(I have a xbox 360, my buddy has one, and another buddy is getting one, I want to hook one up to my PC so we can all play through my network, and online together, but this WinDVR makes it very difficult to watch the screen, it is really choppy, and colors are grainy)

Anybody have any good luck with any software that might fit my needs?

Luke
Past/Inactive Team Member
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by Luke » July 29th, 2006, 10:29 am

You could try DScaler or FlyCapDS, i've used these before and they record ok for me..DScaler I find has the clearest picture for watching on, and has much more advanced options. FlyCapDS is a basic program but easy to use and does the job. Both are free btw

red_gee
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by red_gee » July 29th, 2006, 10:40 pm

Thank you
I will try them