Wrinkle Effect

The graphics forum (images and design) - self explanatory really!

Moderator: Core Staff

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Wrinkle Effect

Post by Soviet » October 2nd, 2005, 6:58 pm

Refer to the Wave Effect Tutorial For More Precise Instructions

This is similar to my wave effect. I am going to use the same image I used in the other tutorial-

The first thing you want to do is open up the picture you want to edit. Then, create a new document with the same dimensions as your other one. Go to Image, Mode, and select Grayscale. A window will appear that says Discard Color Information? Click ok. Go to Filter, Render, and click Clouds. Your image should look something like this.

Now go back to your other image. Click on channels, and create a new channel, paste your bumpmap into it. Reselect layers, and select the layer your image is on. Now go to Filter, Render, Lighting Options and set up your window so it looks similar to the image below (it does not matter which direction the light is coming from). Be sure to select your custom texture channel before you click ok.

Your final piece should look something like this.

I hope this helps you. :)
Last edited by Soviet on October 2nd, 2005, 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Neon
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by Neon » October 2nd, 2005, 9:06 pm

nice effect! i think it could be used better on something other than a flag...but i cant think of an example lol :P
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...Checkmate."
"Seriously... .45k/sec it is a joke.. I could have just gone out and taken my own photos of children in this time."
"You have just become my fave youtuber!" - KillerSam in regards to myself. Win.

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » October 2nd, 2005, 9:09 pm

yes, well it was the fastest picture i could find, i feel it should be put on something else also
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude