The Ultimate Nade Thrower

Post your nade throw demos for the CoD series here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Gunner is a nutter ?

Yes
50%
Hell Yeah
50%

Total votes: 14

woCooM
Past/Inactive Team Member
PSN ID: Sanctifico

Post by woCooM » November 16th, 2004, 7:40 pm

erm if i could find the correct lines i could edit them.... but thats if the files i found are correct :p

weapon_american.menu
weapon_americangerman.menu
weapon_british.menu
weapon_britishgerman.menu
weapon_german.menu
weapon_russian.menu
weapon_russiangerman.menu

there werse some others but i dident think they would be it "the files were only about 500bits"
Some People Look Back on WWII, I LIVE IT!
Для Матb россия!

GunnerG
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by GunnerG » November 17th, 2004, 2:43 pm

No thats wrong. lets start with the kar so you get used to it.

Open Pak0.pak and look for the file called Kar98k_mp extract this file to your desktop and open it in notepad.

it will read the following

Code: Select all

WEAPONFILE\weaponType\bullet\weaponClass\rifle\displayName\WEAPON_KAR98K\AIOverlayDescription\WEAPON_RIFLEMAN\modeName\\gunModel\viewmodel_kar98k\handModel\viewmodel_hands_new\idleAnim\viewmodel_kar98_idle\emptyIdleAnim\viewmodel_kar98_idle\fireAnim\viewmodel_kar98_fire\lastShotAnim\viewmodel_kar98_lastshot\rechamberAnim\viewmodel_kar98_rechamber\meleeAnim\viewmodel_kar98_melee\
reloadAnim\viewmodel_kar98_reload\reloadEmptyAnim\viewmodel_kar98_reload\reloadStartAnim\\reloadEndAnim\\raiseAnim\viewmodel_kar98_pullout\dropAnim\viewmodel_kar98_putaway\altRaiseAnim\viewmodel_kar98_idle\altDropAnim\viewmodel_kar98_idle\adsFireAnim\viewmodel_kar98_fire\adsLastShotAnim\viewmodel_kar98_lastshot\adsRechamberAnim\viewmodel_kar98_rechamber\adsUpAnim\viewmodel_kar98_ADS_up\adsDownAnim\viewmodel_kar98_ADS_down\weaponSlot\primary\moveSpeedScale\1.15\damage\120\meleeDamage\150\fireDelay\0\meleeDelay\0.15\reloadTime\2.5\reloadEmptyTime\2.5\reloadAddTime\1.5\reloadStartTime\0\reloadStartAddTime\0\reloadEndTime\0\fireTime\0.33\rechamberTime\1\rechamberBoltTime\0.4\meleeTime\0.65\dropTime\0.4\raiseTime\0.5\altDropTime\0\altRaiseTime\0\adsTransInTime\0.3\adsTransOutTime\0.4\adsZoomFov\50\adsZoomInFrac\0.5\adsZoomOutFrac\0.5\adsOverlayShader\\adsOverlayReticle\none\adsOverlayWidth\220\adsOverlayHeight\220\adsBobFactor\1\adsViewBobMult\0.2\hipSpreadStandMin\2\hipSpreadDuckedMin\1.6\hipSpreadProneMin\1.3\hipSpreadMax\5.5\hipSpreadDecayRate\3.25\hipSpreadFireAdd\1\hipSpreadTurnAdd\0\hipSpreadMoveAdd\8\hipSpreadDuckedDecay\1.5\hipSpreadProneDecay\1.2\hipReticleSidePos\0\adsSpread\0.1\adsIdleAmount\2\hipIdleAmount\30\idleCrouchFactor\0.75\idleProneFactor\0.25\gunMaxPitch\4\gunMaxYaw\5\adsAimPitch\0\adsCrosshairInFrac\1\adsCrosshairOutFrac\0.2\adsReloadTransTime\0.8\adsTransBlendTime\0.1\adsGunKickPitchMin\-85\adsGunKickPitchMax\-90\adsGunKickYawMin\16\adsGunKickYawMax\18\adsGunKickAccel\400\adsGunKickSpeedMax\300\adsGunKickSpeedDecay\100\adsGunKickStaticDecay\100\adsViewKickPitchMin\60\adsViewKickPitchMax\67\adsViewKickYawMin\15\adsViewKickYawMax\18\adsViewKickCenterSpeed\1200\hipGunKickPitchMin\-30\hipGunKickPitchMax\-35\hipGunKickYawMin\-2\hipGunKickYawMax\18\hipGunKickAccel\1000\hipGunKickSpeedMax\1200\hipGunKickSpeedDecay\100\hipGunKickStaticDecay\100\hipViewKickPitchMin\60\hipViewKickPitchMax\70\hipViewKickYawMin\-35\hipViewKickYawMax\35\hipViewKickCenterSpeed\1600\swayMaxAngle\5\swayLerpSpeed\5\swayPitchScale\0.1\swayYawScale\0.1\swayHorizScale\0.08\swayVertScale\0.12\swayShellShockScale\5\adsSwayMaxAngle\3\adsSwayLerpSpeed\6\adsSwayPitchScale\0.1\adsSwayYawScale\0.1\adsSwayHorizScale\0.1\adsSwayVertScale\0.2\radiantName\mpweapon_kar98k\worldModel\xmodel/weapon_kAr98\hudIcon\gfx/icons/hud@kar98.tga\modeIcon\\ammoIcon\gfx/icons/hud@ammo2.tga\ammoName\kar98k\maxAmmo\125\startAmmo\60\clipName\kar98k\clipSize\5\dropAmmoMin\60\dropAmmoMax\90\viewFlashEffect\fx/muzzleflashes/standardflashviewmp.efx\worldFlashEffect\fx/muzzleflashes/standardflashworld.efx\pickupSound\weap_pickup\ammoPickupSound\\fireSound\weap_kar98k_fire\lastShotSound\\rechamberSound\weap_kar98k_rechamber\reloadSound\weap_kar98k_reload\reloadEmptySound\\reloadStartSound\\reloadEndSound\\altSwitchSound\\raiseSound\\putawaySound\\noteTrackSoundA\\noteTrackSoundB\\noteTrackSoundC\\noteTrackSoundD\\shellEjectEffect\fx/shellejects/rifle.efx\lastShotEjectEffect\\reticleCenter\\reticleSide\gfx/reticle/side_skinny.tga\reticleCenterSize\4\reticleSideSize\8\reticleMinOfs\0\altWeapon\\twoHanded\1\rifleBullet\0\semiAuto\1\boltAction\1\aimDownSight\1\wideListIcon\1\killIcon\gfx/hud/hud@death_kar98.tga\wideKillIcon\1\noPartialReload\0\segmentedReload\0\reloadAmmoAdd\0\reloadStartAdd\0\aiEffectiveRange\512\aiMissRange\1000\standMoveF\0\standMoveR\0.6\standMoveU\-1\standRotP\0\standRotY\0\standRotR\0\duckedOfsF\-2\duckedOfsR\1\duckedOfsU\-0.2\duckedMoveF\0\duckedMoveR\1\duckedMoveU\-1\duckedRotP\0\duckedRotY\0\duckedRotR\0\proneOfsF\0.5\proneOfsR\2\proneOfsU\0.1\proneMoveF\-120\proneMoveR\-75\proneMoveU\-80\proneRotP\0\proneRotY\220\proneRotR\-300\posMoveRate\4\posProneMoveRate\20\standMoveMinSpeed\80\duckedMoveMinSpeed\20\proneMoveMinSpeed\0\posRotRate\5\posProneRotRate\30\standRotMinSpeed\80\duckedRotMinSpeed\20\proneRotMinSpeed\0
Here are all the settings for the gun and if you look through it you will see things like move speed, ammo type, clip size, reload time.

What you need to do is change these variables to what you want. the fire rate is a good one to start with, change the reload time to .5 seconds and viola the kar can fire much quicker. you might want to now change the clip size as it fires faster so clipsize 40. now you get the kar that can fire twice as fast and can hold 40 shots per clip.

Now for the clever part.

In that file is the following line

\weaponType\bullet\weaponClass\rifle

Now if we look at the panzer file it says this

\weaponType\projectile\projExplosionType\rocket

Now what happens when we modify the kar to use the weapontype projectile (saying it uses a projectile ammo) \ then it asks for explosion type then we say rocket.

Now we have a Kar that fires twice as fast can hold 40 shots per clip and fires rockets.

Save the file onto your desktop and dont overwrite the one in the original pak file otherwise you will pretty much have to reinstall, Now you will need to pack it back up. you can use winzip for this. add the new kar98_mp file to winzip and call the file zzz_mykar.pk3 (you can change the Mykar part for anything you like) and then copy that file into C:\program files\call of duty\main Then start a server and with any luck (if you did everything right) the kar will be your new modified version.

When you play with this files a bit more you will notice other stuff like melee damage and one that might interest people here is changing the physics of the gun to make you jump higher when eqquiped with it.. oh yes you heard me correctly.

I made the smoke nade so that it allows you to jump twice as high. not noticable to a lot of people as they get them and just launch them and dont realise.

You could make a nade that makes you fly, there is soo many things you can change. its just getting used to editing and packing up these files.

Right i think thats a long enough post now so more later. :evil:
Im Too Lazy to think of a decent one yet

GunnerG

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » November 17th, 2004, 10:40 pm

cool, think ill give this a go :)

woCooM
PSN ID: Sanctifico

Post by woCooM » November 18th, 2004, 11:01 am

DAMN RIGHT ME TOO xD SOME UO AND COD MODDIN TONIGHT :))!!

\0\altWeapon\\twoHanded\1\rifleBullet\0\semiAuto\1\boltAction\1\aimDownSight\1\wideListIcon\1\killIcon\

guess you can set it to be a onehanded weapon..... so a k98 that has 40rnds of rpg ammo and is held in one hand....
Some People Look Back on WWII, I LIVE IT!
Для Матb россия!

GunnerG
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by GunnerG » November 18th, 2004, 11:51 am

Yeah that works but i dont think you can trigger two signle handed weapons.

I believe it was tried with using dual nades but it didnt work. would me amusing though charging into battle with a nade in each hand and windmilling with the melee button. :P
Im Too Lazy to think of a decent one yet

GunnerG

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » November 18th, 2004, 6:14 pm

haha, i can just picture that :lol: :lol: