Locked out of hotmail

General chat area for anything whatsoever

Moderator: Core Staff

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Locked out of hotmail

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » April 10th, 2013, 6:10 pm

Today I installed Bioshock 2, and for those who played it, it requires Windows Live (Which fucking sucks btw). Anyway, I tried logging in, but I couldn't, and now I'm locked out of my hotmail. It's kind of odd I couldn't get into Windows Live, because I check my e-mail daily, not only at my own PC but also at other places (I log in automaticly here). It's the same password apparently.

It's kind of a pain to get my info back, been using my current e-mail for many, many years, probably over 10 years by now. Secret Question is something I can't answer. I blame it on my lack of knowledge all those years ago, probably didn't even put a proper answer in.

The only way for me to get it back is to send proof that it's actually my account. I had to send in my personal info like name, age and shit. Obviously, that's not the problem. The problem is that I also need to send additional info, like who I sent e-mails to (I rarely send e-mails, I mainly use my hotmail account to receive, I contact through other means). Another one I have to fill in is if I made any custom e-mail folders, which I don't. Also the subjects of various e-mails is something that's being requested, but again, since I barely send out e-mails, I'm very limited in putting in additional info...

Anyone who's had a similar experience or can help me out? That would be appreciated, because I very much like to keep my account details.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Koekie
Past/Inactive Team Member
Past/Inactive Team Member

Re: Locked out of hotmail

Post by Koekie » April 15th, 2013, 9:50 am

Are they really asking for people who you e-mail with, not people in your contact list?
Because those are filled with people you might have had on MSN

You could also try contacting them by phone
http://gethuman.com/phone-number/Hotmail/

Sonic
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Sonic » April 15th, 2013, 10:07 am

I had the exact same issue a long time ago, but this was due to the fact that I logged into my email from too many different locations and they locked it for safety reasons. I also wasn't able to recover my account with the security questions and such and I didn't have a phone number linked to it nor recovery email address.

As far as I can remember I had contact with their help desk by using my other email address and they also asked me if I can provide personal information and email subjects, which for me was quite easy at the time because I remembered most websites I registered on and I basically only used that email for activating accounts a such - which eventually was enough proof for them to unlock it.

Since then I always fill in the recovery questions and such properly for when it happens again :) oh and a recovery email or phone number linked for recovery is quite useful as well.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » April 15th, 2013, 2:22 pm

Koekie wrote:Are they really asking for people who you e-mail with, not people in your contact list?
Because those are filled with people you might have had on MSN

You could also try contacting them by phone
http://gethuman.com/phone-number/Hotmail/
Yes, this is a standard activity security check. Banks will do the same thing by asking for previous transactions on the account.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

ultralala
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!
Steam: ultralala

Post by ultralala » April 18th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Happened to me with googlemail earlier. They wanted to know latest contacts, old passwords i remember, day/year/month of account creation.
I've been watching you
A lalalala long
A lalalala long long lee long long long

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » April 19th, 2013, 11:56 pm

Thanks for responding (I was away to Normandy!). I'll try out the suggestions tomorrow. Cheers.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol