Rain to Default Maps

Have questions about CoD4 mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

zerginale
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Rain to Default Maps

Post by zerginale » April 4th, 2013, 8:35 am

Hello, fellow codjumpers, you are my last stand now.
This isn't 100% mapping related, however I know that there are some guys who could help me now.
I want to create a mod that adds rain to the default maps (preferably Crash, City, Strike, Cross and Backlot). I've been trying to do this with the tutorial written here, but I just cannot make it work for these maps. I'm a newb in this theme, and I know I'm missing something when creating the mod itself. I've already tried ripping up an existing rain mod for CoD4, and added the files for my mod, but there's only the sound of the rain, the effect itself is not showing up, even after using the fx_drawclouds 1 command.
If anyone could help me I'd really be grateful as this would be extremely important for me.
Thanks!

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Rain to Default Maps

Post by Drofder2004 » April 5th, 2013, 12:11 am

Could you post your current scripts and errors - that would be a good starting point.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

zerginale
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by zerginale » April 5th, 2013, 3:54 pm

I don't actually have any errors, it's just the rain not showing up.
Here are the script files.

scott
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by scott » April 5th, 2013, 7:45 pm

A mod already exists for adding rain to maps, it can be found here - http://cfgfactory.com/skins/view.php?fi ... 2ad3227c61 hope this saves you a lot of time and effort :)
Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/CodGlitchesHD

zerginale
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by zerginale » April 6th, 2013, 1:32 pm

I'm wiring my own mod, it has some other things in it, that's why I need to find out how this stuff works at all. I knew about that mod earlier, thats what I'm actually using for making my own.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » April 7th, 2013, 12:25 am

zerginale wrote:I don't actually have any errors, it's just the rain not showing up.
Here are the script files.
If there are no script errors, then I would advise looling in the console for missing asset type errors. - I would attribute this to something non-script related.
Sorry, but I do not have time to look through an entire mod.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010