Custom maps not on CJ server

Chat area specifically for CoDJumper

Moderator: Core Staff

DeltaSpades
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Custom maps not on CJ server

Post by DeltaSpades » January 17th, 2013, 5:50 pm

I've been trying to add some custom maps to a CJ server i've been trying to make but not all of the maps are on the server i've added about 20 maps but i can only play 12-13 maps and i don't think that 13 i the map cap since the original Cod has 16 maps

anyone know why i can't play all the maps i've added

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Custom maps not on CJ server

Post by Pedsdude » January 18th, 2013, 5:56 pm

What game are you talking about, CoD4?

What happens when you try and load one of the maps that "doesn't work"? Does it come up with an error? Crash the server? Nothing happens?

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » January 18th, 2013, 6:02 pm

What Peds said, also please expand on your problem. You `added 20 maps but can only play 13` - when you say added, you put the appropriate files in the right place and added the names to the map rotation (if using one)? And what do you mean you can only play 13, why can't you play the others/what is the error?
-

DeltaSpades
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by DeltaSpades » January 19th, 2013, 12:16 am

Pedsdude wrote:What game are you talking about, CoD4?

What happens when you try and load one of the maps that "doesn't work"? Does it come up with an error? Crash the server? Nothing happens?
it's in CoD4 and what happens is that i can't vote for some of the maps i've added when i'm on the server
i did the same thing to add all the maps on the server but some of them just not seem to work while others do

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » January 19th, 2013, 12:25 am

The CJ Vote system (I think - cant remember :P) works on the map rotation. So if the map you added is not in the rotation, it cannot be voted on.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

DeltaSpades
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by DeltaSpades » January 19th, 2013, 12:32 am

Drofder2004 wrote:The CJ Vote system (I think - cant remember :P) works on the map rotation. So if the map you added is not in the rotation, it cannot be voted on.
I have added the maps to the map rotation but it still won't work

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » January 20th, 2013, 1:14 am

Post your map rotation line from your config here.

DeltaSpades
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by DeltaSpades » January 20th, 2013, 1:53 am

Pedsdude wrote:Post your map rotation line from your config here.
set sv_mapRotation "gametype cj map mp_devilsyard map mp_mix_v2 map mp_ib_glass_v3 map mp_wtf map mp_madhouse map mp_gamejump map mp_cheops map mp_peds_propel map mp_dragonball map mp_gpjump map mp_the_secret map mp_default map mp_badboys map mp_thought_v1 map mp_meh map mp_mountainbase map mp_inferno_paradiso map mp_dungeon_p map mp_digital map mp_gisa map mp_brocode map mp_teliport_v4

ultralala
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!
Steam: ultralala

Post by ultralala » January 20th, 2013, 2:59 am

DeltaSpades wrote:
set sv_mapRotation "gametype cj map mp_devilsyard map mp_mix_v2 map mp_ib_glass_v3 map mp_wtf map mp_madhouse map mp_gamejump map mp_cheops map mp_peds_propel map mp_dragonball map mp_gpjump map mp_the_secret map mp_default map mp_badboys map mp_thought_v1 map mp_meh map mp_mountainbase map mp_inferno_paradiso map mp_dungeon_p map mp_digital map mp_gisa map mp_brocode map mp_teliport_v4
try

set sv_mapRotation "gametype cj map mp_devilsyard gametype cj map mp_mix_v2 gametype cj map mp_ib_glass_v3 gametype cj map mp_wtf gametype cj map mp_madhouse gametype cj map mp_gamejump gametype cj map mp_cheops gametype cj map mp_peds_propel gametype cj map mp_dragonball gametype cj map mp_gpjump gametype cj map mp_the_secret gametype cj map mp_default gametype cj map mp_badboys gametype cj map mp_thought_v1 gametype cj map mp_meh gametype cj map mp_mountainbase gametype cj map mp_inferno_paradiso gametype cj map mp_dungeon_p gametype cj map mp_digital gametype cj map mp_gisa gametype cj map mp_brocode gametype cj map mp_teliport_v4"

not sure if it change something but thats how i did it on my server earlier days. And others do it aswell
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11978
I've been watching you
A lalalala long
A lalalala long long lee long long long

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » January 20th, 2013, 11:52 am

What Ultralala said, also if all the maps after a certain one don't work, there could be a typo in the map rotation or something along those lines.
-

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » January 21st, 2013, 8:57 pm

I'm guessing your actual config has a closing ", and it was just an error on your part in the paste? (not sure this would affect it anyway tbh)