CoD4 NEW | SURF Gametype!

Forum for all kinds of CoD4 jumps.

Moderator: Core Staff

wix
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

CoD4 NEW | SURF Gametype!

Post by wix » January 2nd, 2013, 2:32 pm

READ THE DESCRIPTION BELOW, IT"S REALLY IMPORTANT!

SHARE THIS MAP AND THIS VIDEO TO EVERYONE!

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Re: CoD4 NEW | SURF Gametype!

Post by Vartazian » January 2nd, 2013, 6:10 pm

ABSOLUTELY EPIC. If this is a constistent surf, i will personally take the responsibiltiy of making one of these maps of my own if the surf is not glitchy. I see a problem however. In the cod4 engine, big brushes take up a massive amount of memory. I have recently got 16gb to make up for that, but for most this will be a limiting factor in these maps. The size needed to create one. Anyways if this is consistent, i'll see to it as my responsibilty to release a good surf type map. Also, i have the script as in inpiration to reset the dvars in the server if needed. Just ask me for it. I will be able to start mapping at school in about 2 weeks. Might I ask if someone could give me a working timer script? Such as in mp_lightning, just a simple timer that displays the timer for every player when they finish? If so, this would make surfing so much better too. The competetive speed aspect rather than just the "finish the map" aspect. I would greatly appreciate a working timer script.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: CoD4 NEW | SURF Gametype!

Post by Drofder2004 » January 2nd, 2013, 10:30 pm

Sorry, but this is not surf at all.
This is just low gravity, speed and some walls that stop your player from being on solid ground. There is no control on the platforms that is part of the fun of Surf, your player just sinks to the bottom and the game does the rest.
CoD surfing is impossible with the engine in its current state.

However, a real Surf mode can be found here (for CoD2)
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15581

Notice the lack of walls and the ability to flick your player off the top of the sections.
Speak with IzNoGod and see if you can petition the guy who did the required binary work for a CoD4 version.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010