Sound Loop Problem! Need help Fast!

Have questions about CoD4 mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

TrikX
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Re: Sound Loop Problem! Need help Fast!

Post by TrikX » October 30th, 2012, 12:23 am

well, it's kinda secret cause he made it by himself!
i will help you if you really need it for your map, but i will not do it for anyone!

only for CJ mappers, Explicit Bouncers mappers and known mappers who put their maps on CJ for us to play!
what i need to say is that if you want a trigger sound then this is not the thing for you and don't ask me nothing!
this method is quite easy and it works only on radius!

if you need help with that, then add me on xf!

xf: denomajstor
send me your .csv file

and i will explain it to you!
i think that is also fair!

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » October 30th, 2012, 2:42 am

I think that it is completely unreasonable idiotic thing to do. Why keep such a thing secret which could aid mappers having such problems? There is no reason for it to be kept secret- only so the select few that know how to do so feel unnecessarily privileged. Do you realise that if everybody stuck to this approach then you most likely wouldn't be mapping now, or if you did you would be having a much harder time because people wouldn't have shared their methods of solving certain problems.
-

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » October 30th, 2012, 11:35 am

Create an entity at the sound sauce. Attach a sound to it using "ent playloopsound('alias');"
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

TrikX
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by TrikX » October 30th, 2012, 1:45 pm

if i have done it by myself, i would give it to you all, but i didn't!
i will ask him if i can share it with you as soon as i see him again!
it was not easy for me to get that as well!

and where ever i have asked people to help me, no one gave me the real answer,
everyone said they forgot how to do it or just didn't want to answer!
but i still see maps coming out from those people with sound on it!
so that means they just didn't want to help!

only cyg and rotant helped me out after a long time!
so i said, if you need help, add me on xf and i will help!

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » October 30th, 2012, 6:37 pm

It doesn't matter if he's not even willing to share it, it's not an exploit or anything that gives him an advantage- there is nothing bad that can come out of the information being publicly available, hence why it should be available for everyone to help make maps easier etc. If you don't understand this I'm sorry but you're a complete moron/dick.
-

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » October 30th, 2012, 6:59 pm

So, because we were unable to help you but someone else was, we do not deserve to know how it was done. By that logic, the only people who learn from the problems are the people who ask the questions and nobody who stumbles upon the thread.

Don't post asking for help in our forums any more. You don't deserve any help.
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."

eBc|ROTANT
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe
Gamertag: ROTANT

Post by eBc|ROTANT » October 30th, 2012, 11:33 pm

I was going to share how to fix this with you all, but after reading through your posts and your attitudes towards TrikX is just appalling. So, because you have been so disrespectful and insulting towards him I won't share the code, and how to fix it.

I know that no harm can be done by me or TrikX sharing this information, but for the reasons above I am not going to share. As you are a member of the CoDjumper staff I would have thought your attitude would be a little more respectful towards a member. He DID NOT say he wouldn't share the information, he simply said he would ask me first as I helped him and yes I had no problem with it, but as I mentioned before after reading the posts, I will not.

Get your act together, and in future I'd suggest you treat your members with a little more respect.

Good luck finding a fix for yourselves.

Also, madness grow up you immature cretin.

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » October 30th, 2012, 11:59 pm

eBc|ROTANT wrote:I was going to share how to fix this with you all, but after reading through your posts and your attitudes towards TrikX is just appalling. So, because you have been so disrespectful and insulting towards him I won't share the code, and how to fix it.

I know that no harm can be done by me or TrikX sharing this information, but for the reasons above I am not going to share. As you are a member of the CoDjumper staff I would have thought your attitude would be a little more respectful towards a member. He DID NOT say he wouldn't share the information, he simply said he would ask me first as I helped him and yes I had no problem with it, but as I mentioned before after reading the posts, I will not.

Get your act together, and in future I'd suggest you treat your members with a little more respect.

Good luck finding a fix for yourselves.

Also, madness grow up you immature cretin.
Regarding your end point firstly- how have I been immature? I've made valid reasons as to why he should openly share this information, which if anything leads me to believe that you are the immature one for making unjustified false accusations. Moving on,
i will help you if you really need it for your map, but i will not do it for anyone
This does not imply that he is going to publicly share this information, if anything it implies that he will only share the information if you are currently working on a map, stuck with the same problem, add him on xfire and (I can only guess) ask for the `fix` to be kept secretive.

You say you will not share the information now after reading our `disrespectful` posts towards OP, but firstly how did you expect us to respond when we try and help with the problem and then he won't publicly share the fix? And secondly, there are a tiny amount of people on these forums who would actually benefit from this information being shared, most mappers here are already experienced. However you not sharing the information DOES affect the mapping community as a whole, as it would benefit many more people than are on these forums- for example beginner mappers, people who are suffering from the problem and google for a fix (many google searches link to CJ forums where questions and fixes are posted). So really you are just not willing to share the information with the whole mapping community rather than the few mappers here at CJ, just think about that.

Also if you do choose to reply please don't bash me off again with no logical reasoning behind it.
-

eBc|ROTANT
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe
Gamertag: ROTANT

Post by eBc|ROTANT » October 31st, 2012, 12:35 am

Yes, you have made valid points and I respect that. But the immaturity in your reply lies within you calling him a 'complete moron/dick' for not understanding something, it is completely disrespectful and immature to be so rude towards someone just for that reason.

Also he may of said that, but he later mentioned he would ask for my permission (which he didn't really need) to release this information to help the mapping community, which I had no problem with until I saw your comment insulting him, also Drofder2004 saying he doesn't deserve their help with any future problems.

If you choose to reply to this, I will not as It will be a waste of both our times to continue with this petty argument. The issue has been resolved, lets leave it at that.

If anyone needs my help with this, contact me via xFire as it can be a number of different issues and it depends on your script and CSV file.

xFire: dynamicivjoel

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » October 31st, 2012, 1:15 am

The issue has not been resolved as the information hasn't been made publicly available for which I do not see any viable reason why it shouldn't be.
-

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » October 31st, 2012, 10:35 pm

eBc|ROTANT wrote:I was going to share how to fix this with you all, but after reading through your posts and your attitudes towards TrikX is just appalling. So, because you have been so disrespectful and insulting towards him I won't share the code, and how to fix it.
So, I help solve his problem regarding the MP3, stating the error was a bitrate error. Then I give him the section of code from the CSV that is used to control the distance of sound and the volumes at which it plays. You come along and solve the problem privately and then we get told he is refusing to share the problem because "it is a secret".
eBc|ROTANT wrote:Get your act together, and in future I'd suggest you treat your members with a little more respect.
Who are you to command respect? Just because you have filled in a form granting you permission to post, does not mean you hold a warrant for respect. Respect is earned. I have spent 8 years accross IWNation, ModsOnline and CJ forums providing help to mappers and scripters, what have you done thats so special.

Stick your solution wherever you feel appropriate, I will post a solution myself.

TrikX
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by TrikX » November 1st, 2012, 12:24 am

Chill! why are you all arguing now about that!?
that thing is finished!
delete this whole topic!

and sure i will not post anything else here on this site and i don't give a fuck about your respect!
i don't know you, you don't know me so i don't care about your respect!

there are people who make their own scripts and keep them for themselves,
when i asked rotant who learn him that thing with music he told me that he did it by himself
and that's why i told you i will ask him, cause i didn't know if he keeps that for himself,
and i saw that code only on his maps!

why did i tell i will not show it to just anyone, well that is simple,
because when ever i asked someone else how to do something most of them didn't want to help,
they would just say like i keep that a secret, or i forgot, or they don't want to show it and things like
that, so why would i help someone who didn't want to help me!
and most of the time those were guys from some other clans! (don't want to name them)

and for your information, .mp3 works on any bitrate now in my case!

i don't have nothing else to say to you!

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » November 1st, 2012, 1:46 am

TrikX wrote:and sure i will not post anything else here on this site and i don't give a fuck about your respect!
i don't know you, you don't know me so i don't care about your respect!
You do not care about respect because you do not know the person? Respect is not earned against each individual, so you not knowing me, does not mean I do not hold some respect on this forum. If you do not wish to acknowledge it, then so be it, no hard feelings but don't expect any respect back.
TrikX wrote:when i asked rotant who learn him that thing with music he told me that he did it by himself
Maybe I should send all my scripts that I create for people in private messages from now on, instead of posting them in an open forum where people find answers via search engines. Why should I help you in public and "Rotant" help you in private?
What makes his scripts so much more secret than mine?
TrikX wrote:i don't have nothing else to say to you!
Double negatives.

Feel free to continue to use our PUBLIC SUPPORT threads and I have just posted a solution to your problem, just incase anyone who needs help CAN FIND IT HERE and not in 'Rotants private library'.