mp_minecraft (question to the community)

Have a jump map that we don't have on our site? Let us know!

Moderator: Core Staff

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Re: mp_minecraft (question to the community)

Post by Vartazian » July 4th, 2012, 6:42 pm

RAGEQUiT wrote:yep, I made new weaponfiles for the pickaxe and sword.
Ah great to hear. 125 map is fine, but imo it just makes the map more limited in terms of jumps. Its your map its up to you.

Also, maybe you could make another bounce type out of an itemfound in minecraft, such as the chicken eggs, and just put a clip on top in the form of abounce. Might be an idea... and also, what kind of time frame are we looking at for this map? a month? 2 months- a year? just an idea, because i have seen your video of this about 4 months ago and i didn't know it was actually going to be a cj map. Looks very sick.

RAGEQUiT
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by RAGEQUiT » July 4th, 2012, 8:43 pm

Vartazian wrote:... and also, what kind of time frame are we looking at for this map? a month? 2 months- a year? just an idea, because i have seen your video of this about 4 months ago and i didn't know it was actually going to be a cj map. Looks very sick.
Well, I don´t really know ... I planed so much for this map that it could take a few more months ..
And mapping in minecraft style takes up ALOT of time. If I want to add, for an example, a new bounce I need to make
alot of the outer terrain so it looks realistic and not like a flatgrass map ^^

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Vartazian » July 4th, 2012, 9:32 pm

RAGEQUiT wrote: Well, I don´t really know ... I planed so much for this map that it could take a few more months ..
And mapping in minecraft style takes up ALOT of time. If I want to add, for an example, a new bounce I need to make
Very true :shock: I just thought that from the looks of what you have that you already have much of the terrain made.. Just out of curiosity, is each "block" one brush? or one hollowed out brush? or is it many brushes for one "block"?

Goro92
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Goro92 » July 4th, 2012, 10:27 pm

Vartazian wrote:
RAGEQUiT wrote: Well, I don´t really know ... I planed so much for this map that it could take a few more months ..
Very true :shock: I just thought that from the looks of what you have that you already have much of the terrain made.. Just out of curiosity, is each "block" one brush? or one hollowed out brush? or is it many brushes for one "block"?
i think he used this : http://cfgfactory.com/skins/show/4dea481cbcb0d

each block is one brush

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » July 4th, 2012, 10:38 pm

Take as much time as you need. And be sure to let us beta test :D
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » July 4th, 2012, 11:11 pm

each block is one brush
Unnecessary, a more elegant solution would be to scale the texutre on a brush and simply repeat it so that the texture edges line up. One way of doing this is to get one block, FIT the texture on the face and expand the brush to a multiple of the original brush size(so the texture edge lines up nicely).

Ultimately it comes down to perrsonal preference, the screenshots look nice either way.
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

RAGEQUiT
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by RAGEQUiT » July 4th, 2012, 11:49 pm

Rezil wrote: One way of doing this is to get one block, FIT the texture on the face and expand the brush to a multiple of the original brush size(so the texture edge lines up nicely).
^ This

Mirko
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Mirko » July 5th, 2012, 5:09 am

u could make the map with no fps switches but use 250 fps aswell. cause there are some good fun bounces u can do with 250 that u cant do with 125

The Unknown
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by The Unknown » July 5th, 2012, 6:03 am

125 maps are more fun than 250 333 maps portal was such a fun map

fre4kZ
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by fre4kZ » July 5th, 2012, 10:26 am

I am pretty sure i have seen blocked /con_maxfps aswell as /com_maxfps. I dont know any other way to have unlocked FPS, so maybe just limit these two commands to 125 and win ? Not sure, just an idea.

Looking forward to the map, seems like pretty high concept.

RAGEQUiT
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by RAGEQUiT » July 5th, 2012, 11:22 am

fre4kZ wrote:I am pretty sure i have seen blocked /con_maxfps aswell as /com_maxfps. I dont know any other way to have unlocked FPS, so maybe just limit these two commands to 125 and win ? Not sure, just an idea.
You can unlock that command with : xyz_maxfps; fuu_maxfps and so on .. doesn´t matter as long as 3 characters
remain infront of " _maxfps"

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » July 5th, 2012, 8:18 pm

Rezil wrote:
each block is one brush
Unnecessary, a more elegant solution would be to scale the texutre on a brush and simply repeat it so that the texture edges line up. One way of doing this is to get one block, FIT the texture on the face and expand the brush to a multiple of the original brush size(so the texture edge lines up nicely).

Ultimately it comes down to perrsonal preference, the screenshots look nice either way.
This is not 'personal preference'. This will save a very, very long time with compiler times. Every brush is calculated individually, no matter what the size.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010