Glide/slide/surfin' maps

Chat area specifically for CoDJumper

Moderator: Core Staff

KrazUla
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Glide/slide/surfin' maps

Post by KrazUla » June 29th, 2012, 4:16 pm

Aside from mp_wireframe, COD (as far as I know) doesn't really have many surfing maps. Think it would be a nice, fresh addition to add a few surfing maps. It's really popular on CS:S so I think it might be quite successful on cod. Thoughts? ^^

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Re: Glide/slide/surfin' maps

Post by Vartazian » June 29th, 2012, 4:32 pm

hey m8 i tried my best to do this without creating a mod to do so. This map was inpired by css surf. See what you think. This is an unofficially released map i made in 2-3 days with modified gravity and crap. all 250 fps. Map is on many os servers. anon, cj7, cj8 etc.

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team
PSN ID: x0ozero0x

Post by x0ozero0x » June 29th, 2012, 6:30 pm

Wow that actually looks like quite a fun concept. Is it possible on non os? or could you make a version that was, it might be a good idea/refreshing to have something different to play on both non os and os servers.

Is the surfing thing that you're on about though the 1000 fps course? The only probably with that is not many people can get 1000 fps and not many people like the whole change in gravity/speed on a map that isn't supposed to.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » June 29th, 2012, 7:06 pm

Proper surfing maps cannot be replicated simply because they are totally different engine bugs.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Vartazian » June 29th, 2012, 9:04 pm

x0ozero0x wrote:Wow that actually looks like quite a fun concept. Is it possible on non os? or could you make a version that was, it might be a good idea/refreshing to have something different to play on both non os and os servers.
This map is non os / os possible. Its actually easier non os because on impact of the script bounce, or even the normal bounces, you go substantially higher than os. Zero this already was made for both os and non os. Its all in the Gsc file. It temporarily changes the server to accommodate this map, and then when it is over, the gravity is unchanged. It will not harm server settings in any way as long as the map is properly voted, rotated or ended. By this i mean that no rcon tool or admin power changes the map when it is running. Force votes are fine, but no direct change of the map is allowed. My hope with this was to create a whole new genre of mapping, but no one seems to have followed me :roll: I've gotten many people that love this map, and some that absolutely hate it. Its not for all people. The script used is dantheman's by permission, and the settings i am willing to share if anyone wants to follow in my footsteps for this kind of map ^^. Its just something new - the old style gets a bit old after a while.

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team

Post by x0ozero0x » June 29th, 2012, 9:08 pm

Maybe you should official release it and post it in the completed maps section? I wouldn't mind it being on server #1 for a test or something the rotation needs changing soon anyway, but peds handles that. There is a thread in PC jumping about the rotation on server #1 maybe if we get more feedback on there it will change soon.

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Vartazian » June 29th, 2012, 9:24 pm

Thing is i was going to add another stage after summer ends and i have more time. I suppose i could release this vers though. And if i end up finishing it i could just say mp_inspiration_final or something. I might do that haha. I will start work on tothemoon3 at the end of the summer most likely and possibly another inspiration ^^

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team

Post by x0ozero0x » June 30th, 2012, 12:22 am

Yeah I see what you mean the ending in the video did look a little vacant as to any indication it was the finish.

The Unknown
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by The Unknown » July 1st, 2012, 2:55 am

yea but this looks amazing though !

Mirko
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Mirko » July 1st, 2012, 3:08 am

the closest u could get to surfing would be the random little sliding part on cheops. actually surfing is impossible cause like drofder said the engine bugs are different