MY OPINION ...Don't read if your not prepared for an argue.

Chat area specifically for CoDJumper

Moderator: Core Staff

Xenon
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie
Gamertag: Xenon iz Dubby

Re: MY OPINION ...Don't read if your not prepared for an arg

Post by Xenon » June 19th, 2012, 12:40 am

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:I highly doubt you are as good a mapper as Dan The Man, Drofder or Rezil.

Also ??? how do you know that :L ??? ........................ you can't just say who you think the best is/are ( and i know im not the best) far from the best -.- .... soo dont reply saying ' well your shit compared to them'

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » June 19th, 2012, 1:19 am

Xenon wrote:Also ??? how do you know that :L ??? ........................ you can't just say who you think the best is/are ( and i know im not the best) far from the best -.- .... soo dont reply saying ' well your shit compared to them'
You do a comparison on ability when comparing existing material and what abilties they have shown.
DanTheMan & Rezil have proven their abilties in many maps and I proved my ability in a couple of maps but mainly in tutorials/example work.

You have released two maps.
From what I remember, one map had islands made using low vertice counts hills, repeat aligned textures and CoD1 style 'broken wall' techniques, and the other was a stone structure with poorly rotated (or not rotated) textures, no layout structure and repeating textures.

I would put money on your knowledge of caulk, detail/structural brushes, portals, terrain manipulation, alpha blending or clipping being poor.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Xenon
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Xenon » June 19th, 2012, 2:53 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAH LISTEN TOO YOU ??? ................. 1. your completly wrong on how i did that .... 2. ive released 3 maps 3. your a faggot for even argueing about this when everyone is agreeing with me (apart from you admins and such) ..... ive shown everyone i know in the cj community this ... :L your making yourself look like lonly 40 year old idiot :)

thank you ohh yeah and btw ... love that ive made these forums more active than they have been in like a year :)

goodbye

Xenon
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Xenon » June 19th, 2012, 2:59 am

Sounds to me like your the one with no idea on mapping -.- .......................... seriously just proved my point how most people on here are faggots :)

have a good life, goodbye

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team
PSN ID: x0ozero0x

Post by x0ozero0x » June 19th, 2012, 3:50 am

Xenon you do realize no one was insulting you or your maps until you started this thread/reignited the argument. If you can make enjoyable maps in a short period of time because you are a fast mapper then the more the merrier. When people give the whole "spend more time on it" remark then that isn't something to get upset about, it's simply just a small word of advice telling them that if they spent a slightly longer period of time developing their map that it may of turned out better. It is then that persons decision whether they want to take that advice by maybe looking at a few more tutorials on how to improve something such as lighting or whatever and implementing it into the next build of their map/future maps.
You may leave if you wish but it's just a shame you are going to leave on such as sour note. One final thing stop with the whole "you're a faggot" and "what are you 40?" lines they just make you seem childish, discuss your opinions/argument in a more civilized way, thank you.

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » June 19th, 2012, 7:50 am

Xenon wrote:Sounds to me like your the one with no idea on mapping -.- .......................... seriously just proved my point how most people on here are faggots :)

have a good life, goodbye
Don't read if your not prepared for an argu(ment).
You should heed your own advice. But it's the same story as we've seen countless times before, people take offence at the simplest of things and think they're so right that the only way to prove their point as correct is to leave. Well you sure changed my mind as to what Drofders sexual orientation and age are!

Oh, I also like the fact that you call the person who created the very mod you jump on, who released maps back when you were probaby still in kindergarten and who is constantly one of the most helpful members of the community 'a faggot with no idea on mapping -.- ...........' .
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » June 19th, 2012, 10:06 am

Mahatma Ghandi wrote:I claim to be a simple individual liable to err like any other fellow mortal. I own, however, that I have humility enough to confess my errors and to retrace my steps.
Words of wisdom that will probably bounce around in his shell before popping out the gaps in his skull.

Is it better to portray myself as a lonely 40 year old 'faggot' or would I rather portray myself as an insecure adult trapped in the mental state of an 11 year old, without any valuable human qualities such as humility and a seriously poor education?

Keep on dreaming Xenon, but you are and always will be a nobody. :)
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » June 19th, 2012, 10:50 am

tbh, everyone who insults Drofder like that should be stripped from playing the CJ mod :D

Also, how could I forget Nightmare, probably the #1 mapper in the whole CoD(jump) community.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Xenon
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Xenon » June 19th, 2012, 1:37 pm

naaa im just doing it for the hell of it :L:L also you cant strip someone from the cj mod LOL ..... at the end of the day :) ive made your forum a bit more active hey sooo <3 peace

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » June 19th, 2012, 2:09 pm

Xenon wrote:naaa im just doing it for the hell of it :L:L also you cant strip someone from the cj mod LOL ..... at the end of the day :) ive made your forum a bit more active hey sooo <3 peace
:L :L <3 <3 LOL LOL LOL peace.

Grow up already.

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team

Post by x0ozero0x » June 19th, 2012, 2:14 pm

You think activity is an ongoing argument between 4 or so people? Great world you live in...If anything this is a deterrent, it's just a thread filled with negativity; why would anyone want to be apart of that?

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team

Post by x0ozero0x » June 19th, 2012, 3:29 pm

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » June 19th, 2012, 5:22 pm

... and now my interest in this troll thread has ceased.

PEACE :L

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Vartazian » June 20th, 2012, 2:11 pm

I hope everyone here is happy. Because no one is willing to back down from an arguement: Nearly all of the people in this thread (including Xenon) ,this arguement has just chased a good mapper away from the official cj community. I personally know that Xenon had 3 original/ very cool maps in the making, and now they will probably not ever be finished.. ITs not just xenon that is being childish. Everyone here is not willing to back down and say "im sorry." I think we're all guilty of that, but this has gone too far. This arguement started out because we disagreed on a map and has now come to this? I know several people who dont release their maps here because they're afraid of exactly this type of thing happening. Positive criticism of a map is fine, but attacking the style of the map and "time" or effort put into the map is not productive...Please no one argue against me or anything. i dont have a side in this im just saying. This arguing should b e stopped. the end.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » June 20th, 2012, 7:44 pm

Vartazian wrote:I hope everyone here is happy. Because no one is willing to back down from an arguement: Nearly all of the people in this thread (including Xenon) ,this arguement has just chased a good mapper away from the official cj community. I personally know that Xenon had 3 original/ very cool maps in the making, and now they will probably not ever be finished.. ITs not just xenon that is being childish. Everyone here is not willing to back down and say "im sorry." I think we're all guilty of that, but this has gone too far. This arguement started out because we disagreed on a map and has now come to this? I know several people who dont release their maps here because they're afraid of exactly this type of thing happening. Positive criticism of a map is fine, but attacking the style of the map and "time" or effort put into the map is not productive...Please no one argue against me or anything. i dont have a side in this im just saying. This arguing should b e stopped. the end.
I am truly happy.
When you argue a topic about something you have dedicated a lot of time too, you would not step down and apologise when the person you are arguing with has an opinion that will destroy the quality of mapping for those he helps (aswell as their own). Telling someone that 7 hours is a terrible mapping factor is NOT unproductive, it is advice that should be accepted. Especially when those who are telling you are among the best mappers in the community (and I do not place myself in that category).

The difference between positive and negative criticism is opinion, and my opinion is that the criticisms that have been said are valid and therefore positive.

Heres a nice quote, long term advice that everyone should take note of:
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him.