Mp_to_the_moon_2 out of memory

Have questions about CoD4 mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Re: Mp_to_the_moon_2 out of memory

Post by Vartazian » February 21st, 2012, 2:50 am

So the only thing that worked was that i deleted the last room of intermediate, and recompiled from an earlier backed up version of the map. None of these suggestions worked, but thanks for helping guys. I didn't get to try the CAULK before i just restored the backup and deleted the last room. I'm very close to the physical limitations of my own computer i'm pretty sure, so i simply can not add that many more brushes.

iCYsoldier
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by iCYsoldier » February 21st, 2012, 4:43 am

Send the map file to someone, so they can take a look and see first hand what is going on. I can take a look if you're comfortable enough with it.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » February 21st, 2012, 3:12 pm

iCYsoldier wrote:Send the map file to someone, so they can take a look and see first hand what is going on. I can take a look if you're comfortable enough with it.
He has said he would be willing to hand it over to someone to compile, but if I were to take it, I think I would be shocked by the horrors I see in the mapping.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » February 21st, 2012, 7:03 pm

KillerSam wrote:
Drofder2004 wrote:
iCYsoldier wrote:Send the map file to someone, so they can take a look and see first hand what is going on. I can take a look if you're comfortable enough with it.
He has said he would be willing to hand it over to someone to compile, but if I were to take it, I think I would be shocked by the horrors I see in the mapping.
You are shocked by anything that isn't (in fact, including) a stock map source files.
Different type of shock.

Shock at the level of detail compared to shock at how bad the mapping is... I'll let you figure which is which :)
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Vartazian » February 22nd, 2012, 1:02 am

guys i said in my last post that i deleted the last room of intermediate and it worked, after the detailing did not. Thanks for the help, and if i need anyone to compile it again, i'll let you guys know. Thanks for the offers!