"CoDMP.exe has stopped working..." Windows 7 explorer error.

Have a question you need to ask? Need help? Ask here!

Moderator: Core Staff

joeyoh9292
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe
Gamertag: CCCLX LeGEnD
PSN ID: Joe_2k8_FTW

"CoDMP.exe has stopped working..." Windows 7 explorer error.

Post by joeyoh9292 » December 12th, 2011, 7:09 pm

Just installed CoD1 on my new PC and this happened. It happens whenever I click CoDMP.exe or try to go on CoD1's MP. It doesn't do it for SP. I've trawled through google for no solution and I was just hoping someone has beaten this error here?

One solution I did find was to change my LAN DNS settings and that worked, but then I couldn't find servers and i'm pretty sure it broke my internet until I changed it back.

So, any help would be greatly appreciated! Not too bothered though, bought it for 50p xD!

Xpayne
PC Team
PC Team

Re: "CoDMP.exe has stopped working..." Windows 7 explorer er

Post by Xpayne » December 13th, 2011, 5:51 pm

heard of this a lot of my mate's.I try to find out

Tell me please the correct error message ?
I'll take care of checking whether the music is royalty-free or not

Let's save this post.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Xpayne
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Xpayne » December 13th, 2011, 6:14 pm

i think i found the solution how to fix it , but don't know will it work for you or not , but give a try...

First at all , this error happens only by Win 7 , throught steam and Ati videocard - so tell me do you have Ati video card and installed CoD via steam ?

Secondly , try these.

a) Do not change anything.
Go to AMD Vision Engine Control Center
Go to Gaming section > 3D Application Settings
Select Defaults then apply.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
b)So the solution is to use an older OpenGL DLL from AMD/ATI instead, it is called atioglxx.dll

One of the good things about Windows is if you want to use alternative DLLs you simply put them in the same folder as the EXE and they will be used rather than the ones stored in the Windows system. In this case we need to put a compatible atioglxx.dll into the ..\steam\steamapps\common\call of duty\ folder.

Implementation
Luckily some people have had similar problems in the past and have extracted just the atioglxx.dll which is the OpenGL part of the AMD/ATI driver and uploaded it to public locations -- which saves us from having to find an older and compatible driver on AMD's site and then manually extracting all the components, and then finding the single bit we want.

At first I used this one http://www.dlldll.com/atioglxx.dll_download.html (version 6.14.10.3966) only lets the CoD game run at 1024x768 -- no other resolutions, no matter if you try and change in the CoD game or in the config.cfg files. But it did work on Windows 7 64-bit and I could play the game.

Then I used this one http://www.gamefront.com/files/16696483/atioglxx.rar/ (version 6.14.10.9116) which not only worked, but also supports different resolutions. Hurrah!

So, you simply extract the DLL and place it in the same folder as the CoD EXE.

Additional: Custom Resolutions and Widescreen support
Furthermore, the second atioglxx.dll I link to here supports custom resolutions for the game, and also FOV change which means that I can run it in 16:9 or 16:10 widescreen modes and it's not limited to 4:3 square view.

So, I followed the instructions from Widescreen Game here http://widescreengamingforum.com/dr/call-duty and got the game running at 1080p.

Finally, I cranked up all the Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering in the Catalyst Control Center to their maximum, and the game runs at 1920x1080p and considering how old it is looks surprisingly good on my gaming monitor.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
c)And the last thing , try this.

Regard's Xpayne
I'll take care of checking whether the music is royalty-free or not

Let's save this post.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

joeyoh9292
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe
Gamertag: CCCLX LeGEnD
PSN ID: Joe_2k8_FTW

Post by joeyoh9292 » December 18th, 2011, 3:55 pm

a) didn't work.
b) the files are no longer available.
c) wrong error.

Thanks for the help, but I think I might just give up :L Never mind ^.^

Btw, if it helps, the error is simply "CoDMP.exe has stopped working" whenever I load up the game. I'm sure it has something to do with internet settings, but I can't figure it out at all. The reason I think this is because, when I used a proxy for my internet, it loaded up, but didn't display any servers, so I had to go back to the proxy thing, turn it off and then reload the servers. This works, but I cannot be bothered doing this just for 30 minutes of Rifle only. If anyone can figure out how to fix this permanently, I will be £1.50 in your debt! :D!