Competitive Call of Duty

General chat area for anything whatsoever

Moderator: Core Staff

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Competitive Call of Duty

Post by Drofder2004 » January 30th, 2011, 1:24 am

KillerSam wrote:Your petition will do absolutely nothing. You are wasting your time. Also where are you getting your $10,000 figure from? That wouldn't even scratch the surface of one of their online marketing campaigns that would be needed.
lol, I would love to see how far $10,000 dollars would get you in an online campaign. Google adwords for 4 months?
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Shinryu
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Shinryu » January 30th, 2011, 8:01 am

It's Activision. They're a bunch of corporate dicks who don't care about you or your problems. I doubt this would have even worked when they DID give two shits about their customers (The Pre-Robert Kotick Activision is one way to put it). It's especially not going to work now.

But, if you want to try it, go on ahead. I support it fully. I'm more than happy to flip off Activision whenever I have the chance. They only hold back CoD and PC gaming as far as I'm concerned.

I say it everywhere I go; It's not piracy ruining PC gaming (lolwut, consoles have just as much piracy), it's Publishers who don't give a damn about their customers beyond how much money they make ( which is all primarily from the half-baked Xbox ports that the half-wit buyers actually consider acceptable). If I could do anything about it, I would. Hell, I'm sure anyone would.

But, the issue is, there's nothing we can do. :( A large petition can be effective in many situations, but this is unfortunately, not one of them.

dnjr
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by dnjr » January 30th, 2011, 8:37 pm

Listen, guys ;D

I know as much as you do.
I understand, that everything is about console nowadays. But even though they're console focused, they STILL realease a PC version. And not "once in a while", but every time, they release a game. I mean, look at cod3 ? It failed, and after cod3, every title had a PC version.

What I'm saying here is...They may not gain money from this revive. They may even lose a little. But the hype and positive publicity this thing would create, would give them back 10 times. Some guys have written same stuff as you have, in other forums, here's my reply (sorry for copy/paste):

"Cod2 is a superior game...You agree. Almost 80-90% of people, agree to that.
Probably 60% of people agree, that Cod2 is a superior game, but this idea will fail.

Now. This, in ITSELF, is one of keypoints, that will be given to Activision. Our utmost vivid argument in all the speach towards Activision, will not be moneymaking. Moneymaking will be a side effect, like oxygen is to plants - it's a sideeffect, that lets the whole world function as it does. That argument will be POSITIVE publicity, that this game could/will project. It would be an amazing way for Activision/IW to redeem themselves after the dedicated server scandal.

In our eyes, the scandal may look non-existent - but they do know, that people talk, and if hate builds up ENOUGH, and at that moment, when hate against Cod series games builds up, and, for instance, Battlefield 3 comes out, IMPROVED in a bloodsucking way, THAT is what may kill their success. That is why they should take care of their name, and CoD name."

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » January 30th, 2011, 9:09 pm

Have you ever read anything about Bobby Kotick? I bet you anything that he doesn't even think the dedicated servers issue with MW2 is a loss. In fact, he probably still considers it a win for Activision. Your entire concept is based on the idea that Activsion can make intelligent, long term decisions that benefit both the consumer and the company. That assumption is incredibly naive and goes against everything that Activision has done in these past few years.

I sincerely hope that Battlefield 3 is a huge success and utterly crushes the CoD franchise. It is the best thing that could happen for PC gaming. I honestly can't understand why you would want to further a company that has done so much harm to gaming. I don't care how good CoD2 was, it wasn't good enough to side with the selfish cunts at Activision, the very people who have begun every negative trend in gaming in the course of the last 5 years. If you want to improve PC gaming, support Blizzard, support Valve, support Indie developers, but for the love of God, don't support Activision.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » January 31st, 2011, 1:01 am

Activision do their thinking in currency, not customer love. If this idea is not going to profit them, they are NOT going to spend resources on it. Those resources could be spent in production of a big money making title.

You ideas will get no where even close to the radar of Activisions 'think-team' because they do not require your ideas to continue to reach their goal... more money.
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » January 31st, 2011, 11:38 am

Bethesda ftw.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » January 31st, 2011, 11:49 am

He posted this on Tek9 aswell and the first 20 post were are like you're a retard if you think this will work etc and he goes thanks for all the positive reactions guys xD Actually made me lol.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

dnjr
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by dnjr » January 31st, 2011, 5:56 pm

Things you're saying about B.Kotick, is not news to me.
And I do know how huge corporations work, you dont need to school me there :P

The idea is not naive, because it carries a chivalrous intention.

What I see in people, saying "i support cod2, it's best game ever, but you're going to fail, because you're clueless", is people, who have tried very hard in their lives, to achive something very important to them, and they've failed, giving an enormous blow to their belief.

The thing about this idea, is that it's a good idea. As in ... human love, to each other, is good.
But the world is not perfect...sometimes that "love" goes along the lines of holocaust or wars. Same thing here. I'm not some clueless naive boy, who thinks he's thought of something, and that is going to happen instantly, because it's so dreamish and nice. I understand all the probabilities, and how bad they are. And I've faced big walls in my life...I've overcome them. And I've seen other people do miracles, and this whole project doesnt look so hard, in comparison.

All what is needed, is for the haters, who think that they're smart "predicting" what is going to happen in the end, is to have some positivity. Without sacrifice, there will be no gain. This whole situation reminds me of ww2...Ww2 scenario is needed here...When people face a problem, and they have NOWHERE to run, as Sun Tzu teaches - they will fight like brothers, shoulder to shoulder, like 300 did. The problem with this situation, is that people actually have a choice - they can play smartasses and choose cod4 - an inferior game in competitive means, which has a lan here and there, but is going to die inevitably.

Thanks for discussing guys, but the only way to fail in life, is to be negative. You will never get the woman you want, or a job that will keep you alive your whole life, if you keep thinking like this. Negativity does not equal maturity, negativity equals six feet under.

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » January 31st, 2011, 6:06 pm

Wait what? I just globally read your post but did you actually compared ww2 to you wanting Activision to update a game? :shock:
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » January 31st, 2011, 7:19 pm

You want to do a WW2 comparison, alright, let's do it. Bobby Kotick = Hitler. All peaceful attempts to change his ways completely fail, the man is defiant towards even his own people to the very end until it kills him. It is true that the allies beat Hitler, but it sure as hell wasn't through showing him that it was okay to not kill Jews and invade nearby countries. Gandhi-esque philosophies don't work against fascists, I don't care how optimistic you may be.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » January 31st, 2011, 7:59 pm

Thread is now officially over, right?

IzNoGoD
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by IzNoGoD » January 31st, 2011, 10:22 pm

dnjr wrote:Listen, guys ;D

"Cod2 is a superior game...You agree. Almost 80-90% of people, agree to that.
Probably 60% of people agree, that Cod2 is a superior game, but this idea will fail.
Porting to cod2: (atm):

CoD4:
Exploding cars done right (not the shitty hungarian (no offence) scripting stuff)
Sprinting (ok, this one was already ported, but hey, its combined with the next, which was quite shitty to pull of)
Knifing (not the "hey, you have a knife as secondary weapon" knifing, but REAL knifing(
Shooting through walls (some of you might remember this one from another thread)
Flashbangs and stungrenades (hey, they are quite fun to play with)
C4 (limit it to 300 packages per player and have fun)
Grenade launcher (currently, shotgun doubles as a grenade launcher until i get rid of the bulletholes :( )
Sentry gun (hell, this is under cod4 right? who cares)

Other:
Paintball HELL YE!
Breakfloor (from CS:S)(not with trigger_damages :D)

To do:
fix all above (still buggy on some parts :S)
add bind to switch to special weapon
UAV (gonna be hard)
custom grenade indicators (damn hard)(not the way you think i want it to be)
airstrike (easy)
helicopter (easy to create, hard to make it move properly)

why am i posting this on codJUMPER forums? lol
LMGTFY!

Its not a glitch... Its the future!

Shinryu
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Shinryu » January 31st, 2011, 11:27 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:
Thread is now officially over, right?
*Doomed to turn into a troll thread by the end of the week, or die and get bumped by a bot 4 years later. :roll:

IzNoGoD
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by IzNoGoD » January 31st, 2011, 11:33 pm

In case of troll thread: Troll!
LMGTFY!

Its not a glitch... Its the future!

Shinryu
CJ Fan
CJ Fan