(-=JuMp=-) Overcharged

Forum for all kinds of CoD4 jumps.

Moderator: Core Staff

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: (-=JuMp=-) Overcharged

Post by Rezil » December 19th, 2010, 7:02 pm

Soviet wrote:For the record, the concept of jumping would quite possibly not even exist if it weren't for Pedsdude, Killersam, and Drofder. Every day you jump without giving credit to these individuals. You can attribute the organization and display of almost all CoD4 jumps to Zaitsev. Rez and Nightmare are some of the best scripters in the CoD community and have been for several years. Their dedication to jumping has made jump maps what they are today. Do they get credit every time someone releases a jump map with code that they have either influenced or created themselves (pretty much every single map)? President, Hoogie, and Matty can be attributed with finding dozens of jumps in CoD4. In their prime they refined and defined the basics of various types of jumps that you use to this day without credit or regard. Shut the fuck up about credit with regard to a few random jumps, every day you exploit other people's dedication without even a slight recognition of their time and effort.
(Quoted entire post because it deserves to be on top of this page)

+10000. People like Soviet have actually DONE something for the community. Not just on the forums but on the servers as well - ever wonder who it was actually that made the mod you use when doing/recording your jumps and then claiming credit for them?

Let me ask you this K!LL$TORM: what difference does it make if it was indeed you that found these jumps? Will it boost your ego? Is your self-esteem really that low that you have to turn to the Internet and measure the size of your e-penis there?
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » December 19th, 2010, 7:32 pm

Soviet wrote:For the record, the concept of jumping would quite possibly not even exist if it weren't for Pedsdude, Killersam, and Drofder. Every day you jump without giving credit to these individuals. You can attribute the organization and display of almost all CoD4 jumps to Zaitsev. Rez and Nightmare are some of the best scripters in the CoD community and have been for several years. Their dedication to jumping has made jump maps what they are today. Do they get credit every time someone releases a jump map with code that they have either influenced or created themselves (pretty much every single map)? President, Hoogie, and Matty can be attributed with finding dozens of jumps in CoD4. In their prime they refined and defined the basics of various types of jumps that you use to this day without credit or regard. Shut the fuck up about credit with regard to a few random jumps, every day you exploit other people's dedication without even a slight recognition of their time and effort.
Quoting again. The more times this is posted the more likely these morons will read it and maybe... just maybe, they will have some understanding that we are not here pretending to be "Gods" or anything even close.

A lot of us do not find jumps, a few of us do not even do any jumping at all, but the amount of work we put into keeping CoDJumping alive, only to be tarnished by a few fools who think that them getting their e-penis stroked because they found one jump in a sea of several hundred is what a real CoDJumper should be.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

K!LL$TORM
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by K!LL$TORM » December 19th, 2010, 7:51 pm

thats hurt -.- u need a doctor seriously -.- u have a big probleme in your heads...

Sohvax
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Sohvax » December 19th, 2010, 8:28 pm

I liked the editting in the clip. Good jumps, but i also noticed some jumps that are already known, but hey, no big deal ;)
keep it up.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » December 19th, 2010, 8:37 pm

K!LL$TORM wrote:thats hurt -.- u need a doctor seriously -.- u have a big probleme in your heads...
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » December 19th, 2010, 10:16 pm

K!LL$TORM wrote:thats hurt -.- u need a doctor seriously -.- u have a big probleme in your heads...
Saying something like that after all the above has just been said...really..?

Fucking idiots like this make me so mad.
-

.:iSpawn:.
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by .:iSpawn:. » December 19th, 2010, 11:50 pm

Soviet wrote:the concept of jumping would quite possibly not even exist if it weren't for Pedsdude, Killersam, and Drofder.
This.

End of Story.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » December 20th, 2010, 12:14 am

Wow, this topic deteriorated pretty quickly!

It's a shame that some people are still of the "OMG I FOUND IT FIRST, FUCK YOU!" mindset, and think of CoDJumper as this 'one being' that steals jumps from people. We're a community, a portal for jumping.

We've always been happy to give credit where credit's due (simply look at the demos on this website and someone is probably given credit for finding the jump). Sometimes, especially with the game having been out for so long, it's impossible to give credit to any one individual. Get over it.

Innkeeper
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Innkeeper » December 20th, 2010, 6:43 am

Codjumper is a community to collect jumps for call of duty and make those jumps as widespread as possible. You should not be angry if a jump you found is posted on codjumper. You should be happy because that jump is now accessible to many more people than it ever would be off of your youtube channel. If you don't like codjumper, go and make your own community and promote your jumps there. Somehow I doubt it will even be half as successful as codjumper, which is why codjumper is the prime destination for most people's questions on jumping. You might be a better jumper than everyone in the codjumping clan, but their real genius is in the creation of this community, not their skills in jumping.

Shinryu
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Shinryu » December 20th, 2010, 9:00 am

From my perspective, CoDJumper is responsible for expanding jumping to what it is now, NOT creating it. If not for CJ, people would only know about 2 or 3 jumps per map, still be calling them "Glitches" and hundreds would still complain about not knowing how to do them. CoDJumper made the fun of jumping accessible to everybody, and made learning these tricks much simpler with the jumper mod and custom maps. :wink: While CoDJumper isn't solely responsible for everything, I believe they played a great role in things. :)

However, on specific jumps, I don't really think it matters who "discovers" them. Nobody "Discovered" these jumps, seeing as there's thousands of CoD4 players. Anyone could have discovered jumps and simply kept them to themselves. So, let's just cut the crap and admit that the video was put together very well. KTHXBAI. :D

Mooselflies
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!
PSN ID: mooselflies

Post by Mooselflies » December 20th, 2010, 11:13 am

Pedsdude wrote:a portal for jumping.
stolen off steam n1

/thread

runescare
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by runescare » December 20th, 2010, 1:20 pm

tbh peds and the crew made jumping possible. But killstorm think about this.... can u steal something in a game that isnt yours and you didnt take a part in making it at all. Its digital. If your really going to be a crybaby im sure someone will give you those few hundred pixela back that they 'stole'
Gaming is the entertainment, glitching provides the action.

Mooselflies
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!
PSN ID: mooselflies

Post by Mooselflies » December 20th, 2010, 2:04 pm

runescare wrote: Its mp_digital

stolen off peds

/thread

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » December 20th, 2010, 3:21 pm

Congratulations on lowering the average IQ of the participants of this topic, Moose!

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » December 20th, 2010, 5:41 pm

Shinryu wrote:From my perspective, CoDJumper is responsible for expanding jumping to what it is now, NOT creating it. If not for CJ, people would only know about 2 or 3 jumps per map, still be calling them "Glitches" and hundreds would still complain about not knowing how to do them. CoDJumper made the fun of jumping accessible to everybody, and made learning these tricks much simpler with the jumper mod and custom maps. :wink: While CoDJumper isn't solely responsible for everything, I believe they played a great role in things. :)

However, on specific jumps, I don't really think it matters who "discovers" them. Nobody "Discovered" these jumps, seeing as there's thousands of CoD4 players. Anyone could have discovered jumps and simply kept them to themselves. So, let's just cut the crap and admit that the video was put together very well. KTHXBAI. :D
This. That's more what I meant with my statement, I just didn't feel like going into detail.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude