Completed:
31/31 Story (2/3 difficulty)
82/131 Webs
68/200 Landmarks
15/50 Hints
All Events Gold (18 Platinum)

If it wasn't for the time, I would be going for all platinums :P
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Prototype

Post by Soviet » June 16th, 2009, 5:26 am

What is platinum and how do you get it?

Also, how the hell do you win some of the War and Kill events like where you have to fight alongside marines against infected and the one where you have to kill marines in an APC? I can't even win either one, much less get the number of kills necessary for gold/beat it in time.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » June 16th, 2009, 6:09 am

Soviet wrote:What is platinum and how do you get it?

Also, how the hell do you win some of the War and Kill events like where you have to fight alongside marines against infected and the one where you have to kill marines in an APC? I can't even win either one, much less get the number of kills necessary for gold/beat it in time.
Still not asleep... >.>

Somethings you may need to come back later and do when you have upgraded a little. The war ones can be difficult (especially fighting as a marine). As long as it does not say "you must use the gun provided", go into one of your claw forms and kick the shit out of things.

Vehicle events take a while, each one requires a different technique, keep driving forward and aim for the skulls before the triangles ;)
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » June 16th, 2009, 6:32 am

I see...what's your technique for taking down hunters? I typically just equip blade and armor and mash m1 + m2 until they die, but I have trouble in a war situation because you have to sprint everywhere. This means you have to stop before you can really attack them and by that point they've already started knocking you backward, making it hard to regain your footing to counterattack. Doing all that wastes a lot of time. I've tried going into them with a few kicks from sprint, but they still manage to counterattack before I can get a slice off.
ImageImageImage

JDogg
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by JDogg » June 16th, 2009, 7:45 am

Soviet wrote:
JDogg wrote:
Soviet wrote:Has anybody else been getting instability issues with this game? It crashes on me at least once every two hours. I've gotten the blue screen of death playing it one time, I also got some memory corruption issues at one point in time. Now there is an issue with a corrupt file so I have to reinstall (AKA spend 6 hours redownloading from steam). It is starting to get slightly annoying.
That is only slightly annoying?
I'm trying to manage my anger better nowadays :P
Well your doing an awesome job, I would have pirated the game 10 times. Speaking of pirating the game 10 times, is it worth buying?, I'll get it off Steam when it's at a good price if it is.

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » June 16th, 2009, 8:00 am

I've gotten a lot of playtime out of it. I'm not sure how far I am through the game, but I'm not done yet and I've been playing for about 18 hours which is honestly a lot better than most SP games nowadays. Really, if you think you think you would enjoy surfing on civilian's bodies down streets, using a helicopter blade to chop down hundreds of helpless people, grabbing random people and throwing them hundreds of yards into the ocean, or singlehandedly defeating an entire military installation without them knowing you're there (or being very aware that you are there) then you'll undoubtedly like this game.

That's not to say the game doesn't have nuances, because it has many of those as well, it is simply much better at mass murdering an entire city. Anyway, if that sounds like fun you'll like it, but only if you think that you won't get tired of it will it be worth the money. I've personally spent about 3-4 hours just screwing around with civilians and military for fun, not even trying to complete any missions.
ImageImageImage

JDogg
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by JDogg » June 16th, 2009, 10:36 am

Soviet wrote:I've gotten a lot of playtime out of it. I'm not sure how far I am through the game, but I'm not done yet and I've been playing for about 18 hours which is honestly a lot better than most SP games nowadays. Really, if you think you think you would enjoy surfing on civilian's bodies down streets, using a helicopter blade to chop down hundreds of helpless people, grabbing random people and throwing them hundreds of yards into the ocean, or singlehandedly defeating an entire military installation without them knowing you're there (or being very aware that you are there) then you'll undoubtedly like this game.

That's not to say the game doesn't have nuances, because it has many of those as well, it is simply much better at mass murdering an entire city. Anyway, if that sounds like fun you'll like it, but only if you think that you won't get tired of it will it be worth the money. I've personally spent about 3-4 hours just screwing around with civilians and military for fun, not even trying to complete any missions.
Is it a little like a Sandbox game?, like can I just walk around doing w/e I want, like Farcry2 or GTA.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » June 16th, 2009, 2:19 pm

JDogg wrote:Is it a little like a Sandbox game?, like can I just walk around doing w/e I want, like Farcry2 or GTA.
Its free-roam, so yes.

At first soviet, using the blade and armor and get in and out when they start attacking and then back in (usally twice is enough), but now the jumping blade slice almost kills them in one hit :P

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » June 16th, 2009, 2:47 pm

Sounds great, almost certain I'll get it :)

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » June 16th, 2009, 3:59 pm

(29 Platinum \o/ [All Glides done!])

Some of those medals are stupid, I gave up on 3 different events.

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » June 16th, 2009, 5:19 pm

The glides are the easiest thing in the game. Unfortunately,

I'm not far enough along to have any of the upgrades for the blade yet, I only got it like 1 or 2 missions ago...
ImageImageImage

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » June 16th, 2009, 5:30 pm

The glides get complicated... especially landing them in 0.5m spaces :P

Tank missions seem the hardest to me (or Kill in general)

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » June 25th, 2009, 7:53 pm

I bought it the other day. Reminds me of GTA a bit. So many stuff to find/collect! I like such kind of games to unlock the game for the fully 100% :D
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Nightmare
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Nightmare » June 26th, 2009, 5:28 am

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:I bought it the other day. Reminds me of GTA a bit. So many stuff to find/collect! I like such kind of games to unlock the game for the fully 100% :D
Then play Fallout 3, I promise you will love it.
Coding is Poetry. Mapping is Art.
"Cause im the sexiest mapper ever...except for nm, that sexy man" - Soviet

-=[CoDJumper.com Movies]=-
[Ambush] || [Backlot] || [Bloc] || [Bog] || [Broadcast] || [Chinatown] || [Countdown]
[Crash] || [Creek] || [Crossfire] || [District] || [Downpour] || [Killhouse] || [Overgrown]
[Pipeline] || [Shipment & Wetwork] || [Showdown] || [Strike] || [Vacant]

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » June 26th, 2009, 6:29 am

Mhm, Fallout 3 is leagues better than Prototype tbh.
ImageImageImage