Quake Live(Beta)

Discussion for other PC and console games

Moderator: Core Staff

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Re: Quake Live(Beta)

Post by Infinite » February 25th, 2009, 12:33 pm

Quake live (open beta) sux :<. The game itself is great but the queue is bs. I tried to get in it 30 minutes ago and it turns out that per every 100 slots closer that you get to playing, 1 minute passes. When i tried to join i was at slot 57000.... which means 570 minutes until i get to play. 9 and a half hours to wait.... how fun!

EDIT: I hope Treyarch is reading this, because this is a PRIME EXAMPLE OF HOW CUSTOMER SUPPORT SHOULD BE LIKE along with HOW TO FIX PROBLEMS QUICKLY and INFORMING THE PUBLIC OF WHY THERE ARE PROBLEMS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11816

24 hours after open beta has been released and they are already talking to the public and addressing major issues BEFORE THE OFFICIAL RELEASE. Compared to Treyarch, ID is "The Shit" or "Da' Bomb".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: infinate
[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: u r smarter than me

JDogg
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by JDogg » February 27th, 2009, 6:20 am

Lol, well if you where pro like me you would have been invited, just wait till it's released IMO, the game isn't INCREDIBLE and there is bound to be some bugs.

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » February 27th, 2009, 12:32 pm

JDogg wrote: the game isn't INCREDIBLE and there is bound to be some bugs.
it's still better than waw imo.
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

JDogg
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by JDogg » February 27th, 2009, 12:48 pm

Infinite wrote:
JDogg wrote: the game isn't INCREDIBLE and there is bound to be some bugs.
it's still better than waw imo.
Hehe, well I think that if you enjoyed Quake back in the day and want to play it, probably wait till it's gold, otherwise take a ticket and wait in line.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » March 1st, 2009, 3:10 pm

Infinite wrote:EDIT: I hope Treyarch is reading this, because this is a PRIME EXAMPLE OF HOW CUSTOMER SUPPORT SHOULD BE LIKE along with HOW TO FIX PROBLEMS QUICKLY and INFORMING THE PUBLIC OF WHY THERE ARE PROBLEMS IN THE FIRST PLACE.
Its an Open Beta. The developers need you to find the bugs, so obviously they are going to pay attention. When a game goes live or gold, the developers can sit back and enjoy the game, no matter how bug full the game is.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » March 1st, 2009, 4:06 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:
Infinite wrote:EDIT: I hope Treyarch is reading this, because this is a PRIME EXAMPLE OF HOW CUSTOMER SUPPORT SHOULD BE LIKE along with HOW TO FIX PROBLEMS QUICKLY and INFORMING THE PUBLIC OF WHY THERE ARE PROBLEMS IN THE FIRST PLACE.
Its an Open Beta. The developers need you to find the bugs, so obviously they are going to pay attention. When a game goes live or gold, the developers can sit back and enjoy the game, no matter how bug full the game is.
....that's pretty much what i just said except in different words/not against Treyarch. When CoD:WaW had beta released, nothing was really fixed for the initial release, but a patch was released which fixed almost nothing important and iirc no one from Treyarch really gave an announcement of the patch beforehand or even bothered to check the game for major bugs themselves. They are only fixing what players find, if even that, and half of the time they "fix" things that aren't even problems.

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » March 1st, 2009, 5:50 pm

KillerSam wrote:
Infinite wrote:
Drofder2004 wrote: Its an Open Beta. The developers need you to find the bugs, so obviously they are going to pay attention. When a game goes live or gold, the developers can sit back and enjoy the game, no matter how bug full the game is.
....that's pretty much what i just said except in different words/not against Treyarch. When CoD:WaW had beta released, nothing was really fixed for the initial release, but a patch was released which fixed almost nothing important and iirc no one from Treyarch really gave an announcement of the patch beforehand or even bothered to check the game for major bugs themselves. They are only fixing what players find, if even that, and half of the time they "fix" things that aren't even problems.
Nope it is not. You are suggesting that Treyarch should act as if it is an open beta. There is a reason that Quake are fixing issues e.t.c and thats because...THE GAME IS IN DEVELOPMENT!
I was implying that Treyarch did next to nothing when they were in the same stage, and continued to do next to nothing while the game was released. I am sorry if you misunderstood what i meant.

Coontang
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Coontang » March 2nd, 2009, 5:23 pm

I understand you and agree to some extent.
JDogg: 'I have a video of me pissing, wanna see?'