ladder?

Please give us your feedback and suggestions. Spotted an error on our site? Let us know how we can improve here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Striker
CJ Donator
CJ Donator

ladder?

Post by Striker » June 6th, 2005, 11:02 am

another bad idea just popped into my head :D :P

maybe codjumper.com could make the first (to my knowlege anyways :P ) jump ladder. it would probably have 2 be single person vs BUT u could have teams. This is my main ideas.

1. You make a ladder simular to the TWL and CB ladders. You win the match by beat your oppenent(s) to the finish. First one there wins the race, therfore winning match.

2. The maps would be randomly gernerated by codjumper.com frmo ALL the maps codjumper.com have.

3. If you would like to look at teams, maybe it would be the first team 2 have ALL team players at the finish wins the match up. This could be played in 2' 4' 6's or even 8's.

Now i know wot your thinking, not enogh clans for that etc etc, but CJ alone could have 3 or even 4 seperate teams. Ive be sure i can have a set of teams at the ready. and for 1on1 it would be the best!

If you made this ladder jumping would get another 10 times more popular as people will want 2 practise and all.

Think about this idea guys. i think its a gr8 1 :) :D ;) :P

<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by <LT>YosemiteSam[NL] » June 6th, 2005, 1:52 pm

There is already the map Peds_puzzle_Race. I've enjoyed playing that one on one of the servers even though I didn't win :wink:
But sounds like a good idea m8.

Ursemmer-Shapiro
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Ursemmer-Shapiro » June 6th, 2005, 2:52 pm

Sounds pretty weird but fun :D i think we can have a big laughing :D
Sonic-T Image Image

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » June 6th, 2005, 3:46 pm

I personally do not believe there is a map worthy of racing on. Except if the creator of mp_jump (no sure who). Would kindly reamke the map with the whole map doubled. So it is exactly the same twice.

The race map (peds puzzle) is not equal. Some of the jumps are easier in different 'lanes'.

tbh, I think atm, stick to the records. Whoever is the fastest will be on top.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » June 6th, 2005, 5:49 pm

Indeed, it was hard for me to duplicate peds_puzzle while still keeping it fair - i tried my best! lol and there are actually bugs in it where you can skip about 5 jumps.

The map "race" that Plazma made is identical for every lane, and other people such as me could quite easily create race maps for it.

Personally I think it is a great idea :P Unfortunately I am digging my own grave here because it would require me sorting it all out and having to do some more php coding :) We should start it in the summer - I don't have time to do anything for it yet during my exams, and then im on holiday for two weeks. Mid-late july would be a nice time.

Just thinking about it, I don't actually know how to do the coding for that, so I'll just have to have it updated manually.

Neon
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by Neon » June 6th, 2005, 10:31 pm

more maps would need to b e created (race maps). Having whole teams would be a problem anyway everyone gettin in each others way....unless u hav a map with 10 lanes.....

Drofder idea sounds interesting (doubling the maps) each team has there own half but people would still get in each others way.. Probably is best just to keep the record system

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » June 8th, 2005, 10:45 am

But if you make a double sized map ( :? ), it takes more work of the map creator. The idea is funny but like the others said... The record list is still better. It's actually the same system, only a little bit different, but ment in the same way.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » June 8th, 2005, 1:30 pm

Yep, I'll think about it when the holidays come and decide what to do (I am currently busy on another codjumper project scheduled for opening in the holidays ;)).

Plazma
Past/Inactive Team Member
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by Plazma » June 8th, 2005, 8:39 pm

My map "race" has 4 lanes exactly the same, there is a wall stopping people from starting and it opens when you press a button. So everyone gets ready then the button is pressed, 2 secs later wall moves up and you all go.

I could very very easily extend this map to have 10 lanes, just a copy and paste job really.

Anyway it is a good idea, although im not convinced.
The real question is what is the question?

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » June 9th, 2005, 12:07 am

Plazma wrote:My map "race" has 4 lanes exactly the same, there is a wall stopping people from starting and it opens when you press a button. So everyone gets ready then the button is pressed, 2 secs later wall moves up and you all go.

I could very very easily extend this map to have 10 lanes, just a copy and paste job really.

Anyway it is a good idea, although im not convinced.
Yep, the all the stuff that needs to be done to double a map, is simply select all and hit space bar, a quick reposition, enlarge the skybox, compile, upload :)

Simple!

Although, im with Plazma, im not convinced it would work.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » June 9th, 2005, 11:05 am

We'll have to do a little practice ladder to see if the whole ladder idea is a good idea :D And by the time we have it all sorted CoD2 will be out no doubt! hehe

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » June 9th, 2005, 6:44 pm

Then we have to sign people up for an evening to have some kind of race...

But then people won't show up like it happened with the CoDJumper match... We should organize a new match I believe :P

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » June 9th, 2005, 11:03 pm

Yeah, I was going to organise another match when my exams are over (most of codjumper team are doing exams at the minute ;)).

My last exam is on 30th June, and I go on holiday 6th July, so will have to be within a 4-day gap ;)

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » June 10th, 2005, 5:50 pm

Should be possible to do that...

Neon
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by Neon » June 10th, 2005, 9:44 pm

But if you make a double sized map ( ), it takes more work of the map creator

Copy n paste?