Discussion for other PC and console games

Moderator: Core Staff

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Far Cry 2

Post by Drofder2004 » October 26th, 2008, 4:07 pm

Friendly debate guys, no need to stop >.>
An opinion is something you are entitled to, but if you are willing to express your opinion, then expect your opinion to be criticised. If a person does not like having their opinions called out and called crap, then that person should stop expressing their opinions.

---

If you drove the vehicle from one side of the map to the other and did not come across:

- Safe Houses (usually 2 enemies)
- Enemy Guard Posts (up to 5/6 enemies)
- Enemy Controlled areas (up to 20 enemies)
- Enemy Patrols (usually a jeep)

If you are seriously not lying about that, you need to stop buying games and playing them on easy, because it becomes a waste of money.

Also, I have never had an enemy "appear", whenever a patrol or vehicle spots me, I hear them usually before they get close. Often have I heard the sound of a jeeps engine starting up to chase me down, or a patrol on a cliff above me driving passed.

---

As for the driving. Correct, the driving physics are no where near accurate, but no game will ever get this correct, because in real life, physics are determined by too many aspects. This game is better than Mercenaries driving but not as good as PGR (or any other racing game). This is the standard physics style for vehicles in FPS games. This game feels no different to driving in GTA, except slower (naturally).
---

This games GFX is far superior than CoD4 GFX.
When Soviet says "It makes CoD4 look crappy", doesn't directly mean "CoD4 looks crappy".
I don't think vCoD 'looks crappy', but compared to CoD4, vCoD is absolute dog-shit.

---

I understand what you mean about the "kill this person" mission, where the person just drives round in circles non stop, but could you imagine how painful it would be to have to drive to the other side of the map, and while chasing him, stop every 3 minutes to kill the enemies at the guard posts just so you could get passed them?

There are few games out there, that do not have the same approach, they are scripted mini-missions. Enemies inside camps have enough AI to flank both directions and sneak up on you, etc.

---
I meant driving/running through an actionless forest. The game takes about 30 minutes AT LEAST to get from one side to the other of the map with a car, and that's exactly what I had to do. No enemies, no houses, just road and forest. That sucked balls. Maybe it was because I played on easy mode, but if they think that the only difference you need to make between easy and hard is to reduce the amount of enemies and their aim, then they need to reconsider that.
What else would you change?

CoD4 difficulty changes:
- More enemies
- Accurate Enemies
- Bullets Hurt More

Far Cry 2 difficulty changes:
- More Enemies
- Accurate Enemies
- Bullets Hurt More
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » October 26th, 2008, 4:13 pm

Well droffy ruined my post. What he said :P
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

JDogg
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by JDogg » October 27th, 2008, 5:58 am

Installed game, played it, LOVE IT!!!. Only thing that pissed me off was I over clocked my card a little much and some weird shit started happening, shut down pc for an hour and re clocked to factory settings and it ran ok. Doesn't look to amazing on medium but thats ok the gameplay is fun, I loved the cut scene at the start, and when he got malaria :D. Now im gonna play some more.

waywaaaard
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by waywaaaard » October 27th, 2008, 9:55 am

intro was ok, but not really amazing -.- maybe I gonna try it again - playing assasin's creed that's far better
THAT HANDS WERE NOT TRACED!
visit my blog: Link
Soviet wrote:Yeah, watch out, Peds will hit you with his +5 D-Battleaxe of homosexuality :roll:

JDogg
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by JDogg » October 27th, 2008, 11:23 am

Lev!athan wrote:intro was ok, but not really amazing -.- maybe I gonna try it again - playing assasin's creed that's far better
Ok, it wasn't AMAZING, but it was GOOD, try playing it again!!. The AI on easy is retarded, but that's what I get for bein a pussy. I agree with Drof. The missions where you have to drive around in circles gets really annoying but besides that, so far (1% into the game :P) its great. Has anyone tried MP yet?, btw I love the buddy system, creative way of "re-birth", I was driving into an enemy base and I was under heavy fire, I wasn't expecting so many lol, then I had a malaria attack, and I couldnt see, then the car broke down....... And for the first time I died, and I was wondering what it would be like, I think they really nailed it, I wonder what would happen if you don't have any buddies.

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » October 27th, 2008, 2:43 pm

MP is bad imo. I didn't expect anymore though. Huge indication icons and giant green labels over players (as well as death icons) dominate the screen. The graphics seem crappier, it takes way too much to kill people, and the hit detection is crap. Because of all this, the immersion (what really made me love this game more than anything else) is nonexistent.

On the bright side I finished SP though. Not a bad ending I thought.
ImageImageImage

waywaaaard
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by waywaaaard » October 27th, 2008, 8:24 pm

malaria would be cool with rumble controller, so if u get an attack that u feel lit
THAT HANDS WERE NOT TRACED!
visit my blog: Link
Soviet wrote:Yeah, watch out, Peds will hit you with his +5 D-Battleaxe of homosexuality :roll:

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » October 27th, 2008, 11:20 pm

They should make rumble keyboards :P

I think I'm going to do something I've never done before. I'm going to play this game again after just finishing it. I'm honestly considering placing this engine as the best one of all time on my list (above source).
ImageImageImage

Nightmare
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Nightmare » October 28th, 2008, 3:09 am

Soviet wrote:They should make rumble keyboards :P

I think I'm going to do something I've never done before. I'm going to play this game again after just finishing it. I'm honestly considering placing this engine as the best one of all time on my list (above source).
Way ahead of you, I've already started on my second game. ;)

And for those of you who want a force feed back (rumble) mouse, I suggest you try this
http://www.zerosign.net/index.php/2005/ ... e-mouse-2/
Coding is Poetry. Mapping is Art.
"Cause im the sexiest mapper ever...except for nm, that sexy man" - Soviet

-=[CoDJumper.com Movies]=-
[Ambush] || [Backlot] || [Bloc] || [Bog] || [Broadcast] || [Chinatown] || [Countdown]
[Crash] || [Creek] || [Crossfire] || [District] || [Downpour] || [Killhouse] || [Overgrown]
[Pipeline] || [Shipment & Wetwork] || [Showdown] || [Strike] || [Vacant]

JDogg
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by JDogg » October 28th, 2008, 7:11 am

JDogg's game of the year!.
That mouse looks like shit, and it needs software :P.

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » November 5th, 2008, 3:53 am

FC2 is a great game. i can't write a review atm tho because i g2g to bed to wake up at 6 am to go to school, but i love it. the only thing i think that could've be improved on was the AI. I've had times where i could stay about 30 meters away and snipe them all without even moving. I'm only 25% through Act I (are there more Acts?) but the AI hasn't changed much so far. They have seemed to be more aggressive tho as i play and actually catch up to me if they try to chase as, as opposed to when i first started and they got in the vehicle and hit a tree or something and then stopped chasing me. but overall, i'll give it a 5/5 for everything about the game except the ending (saw it on youtube) and the AI, which i'll give about a 3/5. To be honest, i liked the AI from Far Cry a lot better than in Far Cry 2. I don't know what changed, except maybe the people that coded it (maybe?) or maybe they have gotten worse.
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: infinate
[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: u r smarter than me

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » November 5th, 2008, 12:33 pm

lol at your post time.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

JDogg
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by JDogg » November 6th, 2008, 6:53 am

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:lol at your post time.
2:53 am? He's probably in a different time zone :P. Or not.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » November 6th, 2008, 11:23 am

Good point >_>
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

JDogg
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by JDogg » November 7th, 2008, 7:05 am

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:Good point >_>
Hehe. If you look, most of my posts are 3-6 am.