Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway

Discussion for other PC and console games

Moderator: Core Staff

aicaramba
Past/Inactive Team Member
Past/Inactive Team Member

Re: Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway

Post by aicaramba » October 10th, 2008, 10:37 pm

Who cares about the facts.. NM and soviet like the game, helium does not.. End of discussion.
P.S.V. Kampioen!

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » October 10th, 2008, 10:40 pm

I seriously don't know what game you are playing man. After beating this once, I'd absolutely put this in my top 10 games of all time. As far as artistic design, it is number two or three.

When I played through this game, I was continually impressed by the graphics and in many instances I said, "wow, this is even better than CoD4" to myself.

The gameplay is innovative, and is by no means clunky. They've created a very streamlined and easy to use system. As for your comment on movement, no. CoD4 is not good movement. It isn't even realistic. Did you realize when you move around carrying about 50 lbs of gear you don't simply gracefully glide across the ground? You trudge heavily. In fact, you don't move that quickly at all. It is called realism.

Also, I have absolutely no idea where you got the concept that the guns are weak. I probably 1 shot killed about 500 germans (literally) by the time I beat the game.

As for the guns looking like blocks, once again I am utterly confused. The guns look like guns from CoD5.

I say it is good for PC because it is good. I am seriously questioning whether or not to rank this higher on my best games of all time list than CoD1. And, for your information, CoD1 was ranked at 3. So, unless my taste in games is absolutely terrible (which, according to Yahtzee Croshaw is completely wrong in every imaginable way), you are just hallucinating.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » October 10th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Pity, now I want to check the game too and see who's right :D

Can you post some screenshots about your physical complaints helium ?
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » October 10th, 2008, 11:09 pm

taken real fast with frap's crappy screenshot thing.
ImageImageImage

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » October 10th, 2008, 11:22 pm

I do think CoD4 weapons look better (much sharper) but it's not looking bad.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

helium
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by helium » October 10th, 2008, 11:28 pm

I said that the gun SOUNDS are weak, not the actual guns. Read better next time!

Nice screenshots, although it doesn't look so good. Too bad you can't see how edgy everything is.

Really, if you can download the game, do it. It will be much easier to see what I mean with glitches/voice bugs/bad graphics.

I'll take screenshots later tonight.

Oh and could someone that has time upload a vid of the horrible voice actors and multiplayer?

Thanks.
Last edited by helium on October 10th, 2008, 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » October 10th, 2008, 11:49 pm

that is what my game actually looks like w/o crappy fraps. Does that not look good? I have seen minor graphical glitches on one or two levels, but I think that was because I minimized. I saw no gameplay glitches, and the voices are absolutely perfect. In fact, the voice acting is some of the best I have ever heard, and nm can back me up on that. I just can't even comprehend where you are coming from with this statements.
ImageImageImage

helium
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by helium » October 11th, 2008, 12:06 am

Ye ok, that screenshot isn't bad. I'm gonna admit that. But still, most of the time the game looks MUCH worse, and still has worse graphics than COD4/Crysis/Oblivion/Mass Effect/Gears of War/Half Life/Bioshock/Assassin's Creed/UT3/FEAR/Rainbow Six Vegas 2 etc.

Oh just a fast note: Is it just me or is his right hand really, really wide? That could be because I have wide-screen, but maybe not.

Oh, and you go on about how realistic this game is. Since when is it realistic that you can walk through objects, give orders to sheep, see through your legs, not move your lips when you talk, having mud fly on your face when you get shot inside a house, AI not seeing you when you stand next to them and shooting them or throwing grenades on them AND SO ON, then fine, I don't care. It's up to you what you find realistic and what not.

I'll upload screenies + videos of gameplay and when they talk and you'll see how real it looks. I'll do it at the end of the week though, so if someone else has time to do it I'd be glad.

I don't only have bad thoughts about the game. I still think that it looks awesome in slow motion when you blow someones brains out, but other than that the game is pretty bad. And just one more thing.. It was going to be released in 2007 already, and since they took one extra year to finish it I had high expectations, but well, if they're gonna put an extra year on making it, they should have made it a lot better. It's nowhere near any popular game.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » October 11th, 2008, 3:39 pm

CoD4 has better graphics imo, but I did enjoy the hour I played on PS3, but after playing the MP, I do not condone paying full price for a 7 hour SP.

I will either locate alternative means or wait for price to drop and DL from steam.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » October 15th, 2008, 4:55 pm

The Single Player is Good, ive compleated it, but i think to much story line in it,to many videos. I took my time i spent 4 hours a day playing it, 3 days,12 hours, as while playing it i was looking around the map as well see what jumps would of been possible (LOL) if a mod was made for it...hahaa.

the M.P i think sucks, to me the graphics seem differant, blocky & Chalky to them on single play looks fine.

i like some of the closeups, like when you do a headshot or throw a nade and see the jerries fly in mid air, blood splatter down the jerries head...

Tank Driving was Fun, but limited.

All in all, i think it a fair game, single player is worth playing a couple of times, MultyPlayer im not to sure about, i have played it,but didnt like it much.

My Score if i was to score it, 6/10

Steve

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » October 15th, 2008, 9:47 pm

hmm, I'm sure I posted my mini-review :S

Who delete it?
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Nightmare
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Nightmare » October 15th, 2008, 10:14 pm

On which forum? :P
Coding is Poetry. Mapping is Art.
"Cause im the sexiest mapper ever...except for nm, that sexy man" - Soviet

-=[CoDJumper.com Movies]=-
[Ambush] || [Backlot] || [Bloc] || [Bog] || [Broadcast] || [Chinatown] || [Countdown]
[Crash] || [Creek] || [Crossfire] || [District] || [Downpour] || [Killhouse] || [Overgrown]
[Pipeline] || [Shipment & Wetwork] || [Showdown] || [Strike] || [Vacant]

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » October 15th, 2008, 10:42 pm

One of the rare cross-forum jokes.
ImageImageImage

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » October 15th, 2008, 10:49 pm

yeh, team. Referring to someone's incapability to post a news post.
ImageImageImage

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » November 16th, 2008, 9:49 pm

Total Roar, excellent game, but SP to me was to short, could of been longer..

Excellen game in 1 way, but i do wished they had'nt had so much Video story line play in them after each location was finished. Ok Storyline was ok, but some was just to long..Also the loading of each section of the game took to long to load up, i think 1 part of the game took nearly 3 mins to load.lol

But all in all i liked it. 85% i give it.

Oh 1 thing i found was i could'nt controll the squards all that well, when i told them to 1 thing they did somethink differant,lol could nevere get the bazooka team to obay my orders what ever i tried...

Steve

edited, opps forgot i had already posted in this topic.lol