[CoD4] CoDJumper Mod - New & Improved

News will be posted here by the CoDJumper team

Moderator: Core Staff

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » December 14th, 2007, 12:46 am

Jeffro wrote:Is savejumping disabled? Or do I have to recode that part myself again? :P
I just tried it on my own non-dedicated server and i was getting JumpSave no problem, RPGS working good, apart they dont seem to have enough Kick when trying to RPG jump unless im doing it wrong...

Is there a way to boost the RPGs boost power more than it is.???

Just being a litle nosey in _Globallogic file i noticed these commands.

/thread debugLine( ent.origin + (0,0,(explosionPos[2] - ent.origin[2])), explosionPos );
explosionRadius = 40;
explosionForce = .95;
if ( sMeansOfDeath == "MOD_IMPACT" || sMeansOfDeath == "MOD_EXPLOSIVE" || isSubStr(sMeansOfDeath, "MOD_GRENADE") || isSubStr(sMeansOfDeath, "MOD_PROJECTILE") || sHitLoc == "head" || sHitLoc == "helmet" )
{
explosionForce = 4.5;
Will any of this increse explosive boost..

explosionForce = .95; (make it to say 1.25) would that bost the explosive rate.???

Steve

Steve

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » December 14th, 2007, 1:38 am

Just a quicky
When you throw a Nade in front of ya you get a Damage of 258+
IF you fire a RPG in front of you ,you get a 151 Damage rate.

Shouldnt the RPG be more powerfull than the Nade.??? maybe why we not getting enought RPG Boost.lol

Steve

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » December 14th, 2007, 9:17 am

There is absolutely 0 change in explosive damage and I do not wish to change it as the mod is potentially going to be used while recording demos, and all demos require stock settings.

RPG spam I know can potentially be a problem, I will add a dvar for that soon.

Nades are in because of nades throws and also (atm) to kill yourself. I cannot find where the nade damage is found, it seems to be built in as a game function. Using "god" mode will stop the nadre from exploding in your hand suggesting the damage is applied in a different way than before.

Dvar is the same as Cvar, except Call of Duty 4 does not use Cvars anymore, setCvar is not a command, the command is setDvar, and as I am constantly having to program new "dvars" I want to get used to it as I am still in the habit of typing cvar (causing script errors) :P

The savemod also has save jumping disabled and has been slightly rewritten as the former mod was using impossible wait times (0.05 is the lowest unit of time script can use, the old mod had 0.01).
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Jeffro
CJ Donator
CJ Donator

Post by Jeffro » December 14th, 2007, 9:51 am

Ok enough information I will setup my server to run the new mod and write the config file with the stuff needed.

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » December 14th, 2007, 5:53 pm

When will the mod be uploaded to a server for trial.

Steve

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » December 18th, 2007, 4:23 am

Pedsdude wrote:I would have done it sooner but I've been ill with tonsillitis and have been packing ready to go back home for Christmas, so I'll hopefully be able to do it tonight (although I'll probably have forgotten by the time I get home, so remind me if possible).
Hope ya filling better, now get and upload the MODs to the server..lol i see ya on line at 03:22am...lol

Anyways i mean it hope ya better soon if we have to wait a bit longer i think we can understand..lol
Steve

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » December 18th, 2007, 4:31 am

I'll do it tomorrow, too tired now and about to sleep :P

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » December 19th, 2007, 3:41 am

steveuk wrote:
Pedsdude wrote:I would have done it sooner but I've been ill with tonsillitis and have been packing ready to go back home for Christmas, so I'll hopefully be able to do it tonight (although I'll probably have forgotten by the time I get home, so remind me if possible).
Hope ya filling better, now get and upload the MODs to the server..lol i see ya on line at 03:22am...lol

Anyways i mean it hope ya better soon if we have to wait a bit longer i think we can understand..lol
Steve
A Reminder... lol...

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » December 20th, 2007, 4:12 am

Yeah, currently I can't do anything about it cause I need to wait for the 1.4 patch to be added to the servers (gotta wait a day, probably less).

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » December 20th, 2007, 4:20 am

Pedsdude wrote:Yeah, currently I can't do anything about it cause I need to wait for the 1.4 patch to be added to the servers (gotta wait a day, probably less).
Ok thats fine with me and probly with all the others, so will 1.4 automaticly be uplaoded.? if so then will ya put the mod on.??same day or a little later.?
I checked it on my server and forgot to take download off (opps.lol) some people connected and mod worked fine.lol Well worked ok for me, people who connected couldnt kill each other so it must be working in some ways.

Steve
Last edited by steveuk on December 20th, 2007, 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » December 20th, 2007, 4:30 am

I'll put it on next time I'm on the computer and the server has been updated ;)

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » December 21st, 2007, 10:25 pm

why ya take the jump/save off. any chance of putting back in please...
Save postion works but i liked it with jump/save/nade, plrease re-ad these features.
Steve

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » December 22nd, 2007, 12:40 pm

It's to prevent people from cheating, specialy when there are jump maps coming later.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » December 24th, 2007, 7:00 pm

Added the latest mod to the site, although it didn't have a version number so I left it without a version number on the site.

atze<3
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by atze<3 » January 7th, 2008, 6:44 pm

hey drof.. i just saw a function for killing urself on another forum..

Code: Select all

selfkill()
{
	self endon("disconnect");
	self endon("intermission");

for (;;)
	{
		if(isAlive(self) && isPlayer(self) && self meleebuttonpressed() && self usebuttonpressed())
		{
				self unlink();
				self suicide();
		}
		wait 0.25;
	}
}
u should be able to kill urself with pressing 'melee' & 'use' at the same time..
maybe u can add this to the mod.. cus /kill is cheatprotected..blaa... :roll: